How to import Korean brand name clothing?

doglover

My wife wants to open a clothing store selling adult and children's clothing. She wants to specialize in Korean brand names. We have found some small stores that are ordering clothing from the internet and I can't help thinking that there must be a cheaper alternative.

If she was to order only 5 of each chosen item is it possible to buy direct from a manufacturer in Korea?

• 2 weeks later...

There is a cargo somewhere around Pratunam called 'Happy Cargo' (I don't have the address but ask any other cargo around Pratunam)

The boss is Korean so he will probably know and if it's doable he will probably do it for you

but I wouldn't be too optomistic as when I import thinfs from China I need a form E and this is only available for

large quantities direct from the factory but good luck anyway.

While I am here I may as well pimp my own childrens clothing brand , wholesale available here in Bangkok

<spam link deleted>

Best wishes

John

Edited by Maestro
deleted spam link

• 2 weeks later...

"...but ask any other cargo around..."

What is a 'cargo'?

He probably means a "cargo agent" or freight forwarder.

The factory will usually give you in 5s so long as the entire order is sizable enough to interest them. More than likely you will be directed to a distributor or trading company. They also may already have Thailand sewed up with a licensed buyer, in which case you must only go through them.

If it is a well known Korean brand, then it will be almost certain that they have it licensed out already, and can't supply to you.

• 3 weeks later...

The first step is to identify the brands she wants to import and then she should contact the manufacturer(s) to see if they can sell to her and if so, what is their MIQ.

Would also check with them to confirm if they can provide FORM AK to take advantage of Asean / Korea FTA.

Once you have confirmed if they can sell you the goods, next step would be to contact a freight forwarder here in Thailand to quote charges for the freight and customs and delivery costs.

Hey John.. what is your kid's brand? Feel free to send me a PM with the details.

• 5 years later...