Google Earth stopped working

monsieurhappy

I cannot be sure of the exact date it stopped working because I haven't used it for a few weeks but when I tried to open G/E the other day nothing happened. After a few tries I uninstalled and reinstalled but neither the program or the shortcut would open the site. I have again uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times with one time getting it to open but then sticking with a blurred picture of earth although it would zoom in and out. I have asked the question on Google about this problem but being a layman cannot get any solution to work. If anyone can point me in the right direction without me needing a degree in computers I would be very grateful.

The only things new to my computer recently have been Windows 7 updates and Adobe updates. Anything I downloaded regarding G/E I have uninstalled.

Thanks in anticipation.

I used Google Earth about an hour ago on my computer running Win7 and using a True internet plan with no problems. And as I write this I quickly checked Google Earth on my Samsung S4 using a DTAC mobile 3G connection with no problems. I know this don't help the OP fix his problem, but at least it adds some input that Google Earth servers are indeed up and running. I'm in Bangkok.

• Like 1

I had similar problems after Google Earth updated to version 7.0. After numerous uninstalls and reinstalls with no improvement, I reinstalled version 6.2. All the problems stopped, and it's been working fine ever since. A lot of people have reported similar experience. It's worth a try.

Slow internet connection ? ... As far as I know, you need to be online o use it.

I might not be a computer wiz but I do know when I'm online and I can access a speed test to see if my speed is OK!

I think the problem may be linked to my HDD which as suddenly reported that it is nearly full when I know absolutely that it should not be.

I've done a virus check and a disc clean-up but when I look on My computer the C drive is showing in red with only a couple of gigs spare.

I have looked at everything on the drive but cannot find anything that would have filled it up.

I have used CC cleaner but after the drive showed less free space than before I started.

The HDD is not old having been replaced under warrantee about 2 years ago.

Does anyone have a better idea?

It is working fine for me. PC/Win 7/64. It seeks, rotates, finds, zooms, displays 3D, etc. all pretty quickly assuming my internet connection is not saturated with other activities.

I guess it could any number of issues from RAM, video, video driver, Direct X, etc.

Maybe update all Windows drivers, including all hardware and video card drivers, and Direct X?

The Android version may not be available here in Thailand but it can be side-loaded easily enough.

My PC/GE stats:
Google Earth 7.1.1.1580 (beta)
Build Date 4/19/2013
Build Time 7:17:44 pm
Renderer DirectX
Operating System Microsoft Windows (6.1.7601.1)
Video Driver Google Inc. (00008.00017.00010.01151)
Max Texture Size 16384x16384
available video memory 4095 MB
Server kh.google.com

post-9615-0-29704400-1371433860_thumb.jp

I might not be a computer wiz but I do know when I'm online and I can access a speed test to see if my speed is OK!

I think the problem may be linked to my HDD which as suddenly reported that it is nearly full when I know absolutely that it should not be.

I've done a virus check and a disc clean-up but when I look on My computer the C drive is showing in red with only a couple of gigs spare.

I have looked at everything on the drive but cannot find anything that would have filled it up.

I have used CC cleaner but after the drive showed less free space than before I started.

The HDD is not old having been replaced under warrantee about 2 years ago.

Does anyone have a better idea?

If you use Google Earth Street View, it will save a lot of data in <user profile>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\GoogleEarth\webdata, and in \GoogleEarth\unified_cache_leveldb_leveldb2.

I delete both folders every time I start the PC by using a command file in the Startup folder.