Looking for more tackle.. from members here.

justben

I hope this topic doesn't break a rule but I thought it would work better directly in the fishing section. Hopefully it wont be trashed :)

Howeverr much tackle I have it always seems I need more. But seeing as each item I buy sees limited use but never useless, I'm not going for new stuff anymore.

If any of you guys are reading this have gear you are not really using enough, I may be interested in purchasiing some various stuff..

Things I would really like to have:

- A nice #8+ fly rod & reel set from abroad only ( no falling apart stuff.. reasonably good will do ) I'm looking for something decent and will shell out fairly for stuff in reasonable condition .. along with line and flies and tippets if you might have some

- Round baitcasting reels from a good brand again, In this case purchased in Thailand is fine :) If you have something let me know of size and condition

- I dont really need any rodds specifically right now but if you have something cool I may be tempted if it's useful to me. I will however take quality baitcasting rods of most lengths, they will see heavy use and I'll snatch good brands and models no problem

- Interesting or unusual terminal tackle, rigs and accessories,, bits and bobs from other countries. Stuff I probably dont have in my tacklebox that you don't want.. I love this stuff

- Some sort of quality carrying case of barrels or something from abroad as well (read: durable..), because I currently own none and would enjoy having something to rely on and practical. at the same time

- Other stuff... I'm all ears.

II think most of us have something we didnt make as much use of as we wanted.. well here's your chance., I will use it all! hopefully Also if you need something, I might have it but I cant guarantee that I'm willing to part with much right now.

I'll get back to you without delay once you posted.

Thanks a lot everyone and I will edge out and thank the moderator in advance or rather apologize in advance if this topic is not acceptable

I

Just to note I have seen many a good quality fly rods and reels available in a couple of shops in Thailand. Loop is one example. Not a lot of fly fishermen in Thailand despite some excellent opportunities for varies species, including even pong catfish.

With all fishing reels you can buy the cheap beyond belief units all the way through to the top of the line premium reels.

Happy shopping!

Hi, I think I may have exactly what you're looking for in the way of a fly outfit. I have a Berkleys 3pce 9'6" 7-8wt rod & reel in carry case The reel has a weight forward floating line & have another reel with sinking line as well as LOADS of lures & flies in boxes all as new. It really is an excellent outfit but I don't use it over here. I brought a lot of fishing gear from Scotland 3 years ago so probably have lots more gear you may be interested in. Now I'm in the middle of building a house up in Loei & don't get much time to go fishing. My wife thinks I'm nuts having so much tackle but it's not something I reckon a woman will ever understand. I bet you do though! P.M me & I'll send you picks of stuff I could do without. In the mean time.....Tight lines mate! Joe.