Tourist Visa in Phnom Penh easy done

• 3 weeks later...

You could of made a trip to Vientiane for less money and would of gotten a 2 entry visa the next afternoon after you applied instead of waiting 6 days for a single entry.

You are completely right, in Vientiane I would have gone for a Non Immigrant O what I now use since some time, as father from Thai children.

Did not try that with a Visa agent in Cambodia. Maybe not easy.

but

I had a reason to go to Cambodia - Meeting somebody I liked and know since long, also it did not come to that meeting! sad.png

I like it much more to be some days in Cambodiarolleyes.gif , than 2 days in Laos! tongue.png

(I like Cambodia more than Laos!)

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The direct bus Bangkok-Phnom Penh was still operating as of last month. But if you ask travel agencies no one will know. You have to go directly to their office. In Bangkok, the bus leaves from Mo Chit. Check the transport company's website for further details.

I am thinking to go next month Phnom Penh and get also Tourist- visa..

Does it really take 6 days to get visa there?

I quess 2 entry is not possible?

A friend of mine recently took a trip to PP with the hope of returning with a triple entry. He was only able to obtain a single entry, but he got that within 48 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

My visa expired on the 4th of May and that same day I flew with Air Asia to Phnom Penh on Monday. Stayed on Velkommen Guesthouse 144 Street just by the river. On 5th I went early to see a visa agent just nearby. I said I wanted it on Thursday because I was flying back on Friday. Although the embassy was closed that day did I get the 3 day rate 55$. Single entry delivered 7pm on Thursday the 8th. No problems at all.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Got to PP Monday 28/07/2014. I had all required documents with letters from my university, etc.

I asked 2 different visa agents if they could help me get a Non B single entry (note that you cannot get a Non B multiple entry here, only single entry visas).

Both of the agents said because of the new situation in Thailand that I had to go to the embassy myself.

Okay fine I thought, I'll avoid the agent fee. The tuk tuk driver took me to the embassy, but i wasn't allowed in. Instead, I spoke to a police officer in a booth outside--he made a phone call, and connected me to an agent. He said he could get my visa in 3 days. He wouldn't accept less than 150 USD (80 for the visa).That's 20 dollars more than I paid last year but I agreed.

Left my documents and passport with the officer. I didn't leave any money initially.

The next day the agent called me claiming I needed to pay more for the standard 3 day turnover. I refused politely. I told him in a university teacher and not a wealthy businessman and we had already agreed on the $150 fee. I also mentioned that a $70 fee was quite high in the first place.

He begrudgingly agreed.

Received my visa 3 days later.

I will never come back to Phnom Pehn for my Non B again. I'm afraid that the new visa law has only succeeded in creating more lawlessness, at least here anyway.

Now of course your experience may differ, but I would advise against coming here for business visas currently.

Oh I'm a US citizen if that makes any difference.

Just wanted to share my experience. Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like you got steered by the cop. That extra $$ was probably for the referal, which is standard practice in Cambodia. Can't figure on why the first 2 agents turned you away, but, per usual, I guess it depends on who you talk to. False information abounds in SEA. I suspect your struggle had nothing to do with new laws.

Am trying to get more info, but here's a recent successful Non-B at PP using an unnamed agent. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754225-phnom-penh-when-use-agent-can-get-multi-o/#entry8289551

Can anyone recommend an agent in PP who's gotten the job done so I can avoid depending on the referal of a tuktuk, guesthouse or police officer?

EDIT: When in doubt, ask Google. Lucky Lucky Motorcycle Shop apparantly has a good visa service (of course, they also rent motorbikes). http://www.movetocambodia.com/practicalities/how-to-get-a-visa-for-thailand-in-phnom-penh-cambodia/

Got to PP Monday 28/07/2014. I had all required documents with letters from my university, etc.
I asked 2 different visa agents if they could help me get a Non B single entry (note that you cannot get a Non B multiple entry here, only single entry visas).
Both of the agents said because of the new situation in Thailand that I had to go to the embassy myself.
Okay fine I thought, I'll avoid the agent fee. The tuk tuk driver took me to the embassy, but i wasn't allowed in. Instead, I spoke to a police officer in a booth outside--he made a phone call, and connected me to an agent. He said he could get my visa in 3 days. He wouldn't accept less than 150 USD (80 for the visa).That's 20 dollars more than I paid last year but I agreed.
Left my documents and passport with the officer. I didn't leave any money initially.
The next day the agent called me claiming I needed to pay more for the standard 3 day turnover. I refused politely. I told him in a university teacher and not a wealthy businessman and we had already agreed on the $150 fee. I also mentioned that a $70 fee was quite high in the first place.
He begrudgingly agreed.
Received my visa 3 days later.
I will never come back to Phnom Pehn for my Non B again. I'm afraid that the new visa law has only succeeded in creating more lawlessness, at least here anyway.
Now of course your experience may differ, but I would advise against coming here for business visas currently.
Oh I'm a US citizen if that makes any difference.
Just wanted to share my experience. Cheers

Edited by firebasejay
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just had a look with Air Asia and there are indeed 3000bht tickets a few months out and I agree with the OP I also would rather spend 6 days in Cambo than a day in LAOS, have had some fun times in Cambo justified as a Visa run biggrin.png

• Like 1

you can get it the next day but it costs ya an extra $15 or so

2 days $10 extra ......use an agent

No doubles

PS: my Cambodia GF just got a NON b single entry visa in PP 2 weeks ago, ( ran out of time to do her 1 year extension)

Cost me $99 via an agent. and she did not go to embassy, needed lots of paperwork

what is the price for a Thai double entry visa in Phnom Penh now? I know they do at least single entry through travel agents, do you need proof of an outbound ticket?

Do not think that you get double entry in PP.

If you go with a Visa Agent, what is normal way in PP I paid last time 50.- Dollar for Visa and Agent fee together. If you let an Agent handle the Visa, normally nothing needed, no outbound ticket, no filling out the form, I not even signed anything.smile.png

PS: my Cambodia GF just got a NON b single entry visa in PP 2 weeks ago, ( ran out of time to do her 1 year extension)

Cost me $99 via an agent. and she did not go to embassy, needed lots of paperwork

Do you think, the Agents can also make Non Immigrant O Visa - reason having a child with Thai and living with the child and providing for it?

I have the necessary paperwork.

I was in PP 3 weeks ago. I dropped my passport into a travel agent visa service place on the Tuesday morning and they asked me if I wanted the fast service or normal service. I took the normal service which was 3 full working days (pick up passport 7 PM Thursday night). This cost me $40 USD for Single Entry Tourist Visa and a $6 USD service fee. I did not have to fill in or sign any paperwork, perfect job done.

what is the price for a Thai double entry visa in Phnom Penh now? I know they do at least single entry through travel agents, do you need proof of an outbound ticket?

This travel agent said yes, they told me to go back to my hotel to get my Thai outbound ticket back home. They photo copied it and put it in with my passport, so yes you need the outbound ticket.

oh so you can't get a single entry without a plane ticket? in SHV I heard they have advertisements for double entries but when I asked one person he said they only have single entries

Can that be repeated in English ?

Adverts ? Where?

SHV ? Meaning ?

I can't afford a 3000bht ticket, is there a lower priced option?

Take a Bus to Poi Pet or Koh Kong or other border and get your 30 days at re-entry if you are from a G7 country, otherwise only 14 days. Bus price to borders, some Dollars, half from going to Phnom Penh I guess.

Buses to Phnom Penh or Sihanoukville about 30 Dollars or less, one way.

Or, look for a Visa agent there and get you a Thai Visa, single entry, for 50 Dollar. Just wait in a cheap Hotel.

Or, cheaper, walk. wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

do you need proof of an outbound ticket?

This travel agent said yes, they told me to go back to my hotel to get my Thai outbound ticket back home. They photo copied it and put it in with my passport, so yes you need the outbound ticket.

In many years 10+, I applied for different Thai Visa, mostly Tourist, I was only once asked for a Ticket proof and for money I had to show, that was in the Consular Section of the Singapore - Thai Embassy.

In my last visit - in PP and making a Visa, 2013, I did not need to provide any document, no ticket,

all was written for me, not even signed anything.

Took a Visa Agent provided from the Flamingos Hotel in PP, full satisfied. smile.png