Drunk, 'suicidal' Briton rescued in Chiang Rai

webfact

Drunk, 'Suicidal' Briton Rescued In Chiang Rai

CHIANG RAI: -- Police and rescue workers in Chiang Rai province have detained a British man who said he wanted to kill himself with a knife.

The incident took place near a bar called ′Pepper′ in Chiang Rai′s town center. When police arrived at the bar after hearing reports about a ′mad foreigner′, Mr. Richard Mark, 51, was locking himself in the bedroom behind the bar, holding a kitchen knife and claiming he would kill himself. Patrons of the bar were standing anxiously outside.

Ms. Pattaramon Pakaranitichote, 38, identified herself as ex-wife of Mr. Mark. She said she had been knocking on the room door for hours but Mr. Mark would not come out.

Police and rescue workers then pried out the window and the door slowly, and brought the ex-wife and his friend to negotiate with him, but Mr. Mark still would not yield.

The Briton was becoming very visibly angry, so the police decided to charge and disarm him. Mr. Mark, unharmed, was brought to the police station.

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM01UTTRPRGN4T1E9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-06-17

Has set fire to his car and house before, he must have one hell of a temper.

I hope he gets the help he needs. Unfortunately this happens more times than are reported.

Deport him. We don't need him here.

• Like 2

I hope he gets the help he needs. Unfortunately this happens more times than are reported.

But we need socially aware balanced people like you of course, tongue.png

• Like 1

Why do people always need to rescue others, who has a strong wish to die? It should be every human´s right to chose to die at any time!

I personally hope, that the day I should want to die, it will be possible to check into a hospital and order the life-ending treatment, so that I don´t have to bother others to with my decision.

Maybe - but not when they are drunk, drugged, emotionally disturbed and therefore incapable ot making a rational decision.

• Like 1

What do you mean, "his house".....

Hence probably why he set fire to it....

Hmmm. I know many people who are now divorced from their Thai wives. Temper and anger are often cited by their wives as the main reason for the breakdown, whereas invariably the husbands say its because the wives spend increasingly large amounts of money and do not want to explain where its gone. This leads to increasingly heated arguments as the husbands get frustrated by the spending and the wives react to being questioned. Many have bought houses or businesses which their wives of course own.

Just an observation.

Why do people always need to rescue others, who has a strong wish to die? It should be every human´s right to chose to die at any time!

I personally hope, that the day I should want to die, it will be possible to check into a hospital and order the life-ending treatment, so that I don´t have to bother others to with my decision.

Maybe - but not when they are drunk, drugged, emotionally disturbed and therefore incapable ot making a rational decision.

.....and doing it in a place and manner that will disturb, mentally scar others.

"...the bedroom behind the bar"

What the hell kind of joint is this? thumbsup.gif

Remember this is Thailand. I am sure it wouldn't be the first time somebody woke up to find a bar had been built in front of their bedroom.

• Like 1

I don't think he wishes to die, he wants attention.......the easier way is to jump from a highrise apartment...why all the drama..

What do you mean, "his house".....

Hence probably why he set fire to it....

Hmmm. I know many people who are now divorced from their Thai wives. Temper and anger are often cited by their wives as the main reason for the breakdown, whereas invariably the husbands say its because the wives spend increasingly large amounts of money and do not want to explain where its gone. This leads to increasingly heated arguments as the husbands get frustrated by the spending and the wives react to being questioned. Many have bought houses or businesses which their wives of course own.

Just an observation.

wife spending money is down to the retard husband who allows it,,,he goes beserk because hes incapable of rational conversing to sort said problem out,,,,no sympathy here from me ,,,

• Like 1

I take it you're not the compassionate type. blink.png

"Remember this is Thailand. I am sure it wouldn't be the first time somebody woke up to find a bar had been built in front of their bedroom.".....cheesy.gif

!!!!!! Hey ! Why is my bedroom so noisy ? And where did all these drunken farangs come from ?

• Like 1

...since foreigners are so often duped by their wives....and have no recourse......

Fools are duped all over the world every day? Doubt if they often have recourse.

It's an old story: Educated western man is duped by local girl with 6th grade education.

Who is the stupid one here? How can we even grieve for these fools?

British guy with a knife threatens to kill himself.

If he was American, he would have gone on a shooting spree.

At least he just wanted to off himself.

What's the harm in that?

Would have been funnier if he had a hammer.