Bangkok Port Import Question

Greetings members and thanks in advance for contributing. My friend is importing a restaurant machine from China and will have all the appropriate forms from the manufacturer for shipping including the form E which apparently negates the duty from china but still vat. Anyway it will be shipped here. Does she need an import agent to just go and pick it up at the port? She would like to be able to get it in one day? What is the procedure? Recommendations? thanks

Best would be to arrange the shipping to include all costs and procedures to deliver to the address within Thailand, everything spelled out in advance.

Otherwise, depending on the value of the equipment, paying separately for an inbound agent on this end may well be worthwhile to help "facilitate" things if you're in a hurry, doing it yourself will definitely not be easy or convenient.

• 3 weeks later...

Because the purpose of a forum is to help each other and get replies faster than having to search on the web where too much information is available and sometimes different information ? And if someone doesn't want to help why does he start to reply to questions ?

• Like 1

Paruk wrote:

"Why even bother posting in the first place if your intent not genuine."

Losworld, your pm's are out of order. Your questions were already answered in my posting, the rest you have to do yourself. Still you ask me for specific advice with the remark that you're on a "tight budget". Which, in my views, means 'I don't want to pay for advice or services but want to reel them in for free. Neither do I want to understand any of this or put some energy in it to go after it myself.'

If you expect me, or anyone else, to hold your hand while you do this, you have an other thing coming, mate.

It is hilarious though, that your " friend" bought an ice machine in China, paid for it in advance, have it send here (if they really did that) without any research or preparation for the whole thing before ordering. Let's just hope that the Chinese intent is genuine...

For others: I'm not a shipping or import agent and do not answer personal questions about import or export procedures. Everything you need to know can be found on the web, just google for it. I did it and found everything I needed to know. So why would you not be able to do the same?

This is an useful platform to help out each other, share news, events and ask for opinions or advice. OP was not directed towards you as an individual but when you responded back probably losworld felt you are in a better position to guide him. If everything can be googled whats the point of having this community , you shouldn't have replied at the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by vivek130205
  • Like 1