Could someone please recommend an English(language) school for my girlfriend?

Hey all,

Just trying to find a school for my girlfriend to learn to speak English, can anyone recommend one?

Our condo is close to On Nut BTS station (sukhumvit soi 50), so ideally it would be close to this location.

I've already called a few places located downtown and they seem to be charging about 300B/hour, which seems ridiculous to me since she makes about 300B/day in her job (which she'll be quiting once she finds a school to study at). I'm sure there must be cheaper options available, maybe not so central - which is fine.

Thanks in advance,

Gareth

PS. She just needs a "general English" course, to learn to speak/read/write; she's not gonna be going to an English University, so doesn't need IELTS or TOFL, or whatever it is.

In Pattaya the best and the cheapest is AUA , don't know if they have a branch in Bangkok.

Small classes and excellent teachers.

they do, its at Chamchuri Square. Its not bad for the number of students they have, but don't set too high expectations. my gf has been going through it and she said 2 of the 4 teachers shes had have been ok, one very good. The other 2 did too many games and one of them, Phillippino, couldn't explain things and had a strong accent.

In Pattaya the best and the cheapest is AUA , don't know if they have a branch in Bangkok.

Small classes and excellent teachers.

they do, its at Chamchuri Square. Its not bad for the number of students they have, but don't set too high expectations. my gf has been going through it and she said 2 of the 4 teachers shes had have been ok, one very good. The other 2 did too many games and one of them, Phillippino, couldn't explain things and had a strong accent.

Actually, they have 7 branches in the Bangkok area. See http://www.auathailand.org/branches.php.

Kinda a tangent, but related;

I got 6 seasons of Desperate Housewives for my Japanese ex-wife.

After Watching/Reading all of that, there was a massive improvement.

Maybe a better influence than that thai sitcom with ladyboy wizards, psychotics in kitchens and guys fighting in the forest about something too :P

• 2 weeks later...