Best Dentist in Bangkok ?

Malthus101

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget about the price!
Look at quality!
What is the advantage of a low price if your implants are loose after one year of biting?
maybe the least problem that you could have...
Look at education and experience of the dentist & service!
How many treatments has this dentist done before?

Is there a laboratory in the same clinic to produce your implants?

oh so much to think about - but not advertisement as if it is written by the thai dentist himself or the price!
Do you want to save money with the material or with the lower price for the work?
Me, I like to be certain about the quality of the material!

I think there are only 3 major leading and best dental clinics in Bangkok...

My choic eis the BIDC!

And I go there to be worryfree smile.png

The other 2 big clinics - oh I forgot the names...hehehe

I could not tryout if the treatments of other dentists in Bangkok are of lower quality, but when I see that it is dirty or smells ugly in the entrance already...

a Dentalclinic in Silomroad or Sukhumvitroad or Ratchada Pisek(BIDC)(station MRT: Thailand cultural center) are easy to reach! and the best dentists are in the best locations...

Edited by Teethjoe

• 1 month later...

Forget about the price!

Look at quality!

What is the advantage of a low price if your implants are loose after one year of biting?

maybe the least problem that you could have...

Look at education and experience of the dentist & service!

How many treatments has this dentist done before?

Is there a laboratory in the same clinic to produce your implants?

oh so much to think about - but not advertisement as if it is written by the thai dentist himself or the price!

Do you want to save money with the material or with the lower price for the work?

Me, I like to be certain about the quality of the material!

I think there are only 3 major leading and best dental clinics in Bangkok...

My choic eis the BIDC!

And I go there to be worryfree smile.png

The other 2 big clinics - oh I forgot the names...hehehe

I could not tryout if the treatments of other dentists in Bangkok are of lower quality, but when I see that it is dirty or smells ugly in the entrance already...

a Dentalclinic in Silomroad or Sukhumvitroad or Ratchada Pisek(BIDC)(station MRT: Thailand cultural center) are easy to reach! and the best dentists are in the best locations...

Are FREE adverts allowed?

• Like 1

Teethjoe, aren't you overdoing this a bit?

am I overdoing this?

I am sorry - its just my opinion!

I was told so often from a friend who hears it in tv or reads it in thai newspapers that people rush in with dentists in pattaya when they just care about the price only or about german language when they can not understand anything else..

I am just a customer!

And I liked to tell my opinion- I am scared about dentists after bad experiences and will not change a dentist when I am satisfied once

I can not write what I want in any way possibel way here- you see that it gets edited if I choose any wrong style or word

Every posting might be an advertisement...

whatever you think about my posting - I overdo it now- because I waste my time...

If someone thinks I work for BIDC I can give my telephonenr. to the one and I will be in thailand again in September!

I am only a customer - not more

sorry! I knew it looks like a bit too much like advertiesemtnt!

Its just a good experience I had- and other dentists might be same good MAYBE BETTER- BUT I DO NOT KNOW!

I went to BIDC the first time about 8years ago and at this time I found only 2 big dentalclinics and I coould never tryout the other one- I am not a tester- I have only one teeth smile.png

I have my next apointment there also already (in the very end of August) because its the dentist of my choice-

my gf got her braces in Khon kaen to save the time of monthly travel to BKK but I brought her to BIDC to get a 2.opinion too-

It´s just me-

in my life and my opinion only

Edited by Teethjoe

1500 baht for a cleaning, that a rip off. As much as expensive then back home... ridiculous.

The normal price would be around 500 baht... for farang. A close thai friend, told me once, that she got a great tooth cleaning at Chula hospitals, 30 minutes works . The dentist will take all the time needed. And do you know how much? Well just for the mere sum of 50 baht, really amazing!

Chula is very cheap, BUT that's because you're getting work done by students. For a tooth extraction I wouldn't want a 19 year old girl with twig arms pulling at my teeth.

In fact Chula has some excellent dentists....my gf had work done there for very reasonable price and wonderful treatment.

Definitely recommend if you can get treatment there.

The price of cleaning at the hospital clinics has been going up. I have been going to the same dentist at St. Louis Hospital on Sathorn for years and it's now at 1250 baht or so. Is it cheaper at other hospitals?

I'm surprised I never did a follow up to all this - all my opinions changed!

Bangkok Dental Hospital turned out to be awful - a senior bitch dentist there suggested it would be easier to pull out three of my teeth rather than work on them. What kind of dentist in this day and age suggests pulling teeth?! That is the absolute last resort. 2 of them were healthy teeth!

I was so flabbergasted at her dreadful, unprofessional and bitchy attitude, that I left and never returned.

I decided to go back to Asavanant. After explaining the terrible way I had been dealt with by the incompetent senior dentist at BDH, Mr. Asavanant himself did a full check of my teeth to see what was what. No teeth pulling there, he suggested some filling, ceramic, and some crown that needed doing. Same sort of prices as BDH but I felt like I was actually in the hands of people who knew what they were doing.

I didn't end up having all the work done as I ran out of money at that time but if I returned to BKK, I would use Asavanant.

PS - try to look a little smart when you turn up to Asavanant - it's where posh Thais go - don't let the side down with your Chang t-shirts and flip-flops smile.png

• 1 month later...

I think Thantakit's pricing is reasonable compared to those offering cheaper costs for dental services. I remember dropping by this dental clinic in the Bangkapi area (the charge was around 1k for a light cure filling). The filling chipped off and had to return for another session. What a waste! Sticked to Thantakit from then on.

Best and most professional with reasonable price in my opinion is Bangkok international dental center (BIDC) next to the emerald hotel on ratchada (din daeng/huai kwang area).

Google them. Very modern and clean facility, English speaking staff.

You can find cheaper clinics but I think this place is worth it.

Thanks - I did as you said and Googled them but it seems to be all horror stories over on Trip Advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k1700692-Dentist_in_Bangkok_BIDC-Bangkok.html

What do you reckon?

I think that 2008 is a long time ago. There are several threads on Trip Advisor from 2013 and 2014 which contain detailed reports of good experiences from people undergoing major dental treatment at BIDC. For instance: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k5074410-Bangkok_International_Dental_Centre-Bangkok.html

I can not belief that BIDC was not good in 2008- I was there and got a crown done in 2007 and still have it in my moth and I am aftger a second crown a few ydars later done there, still same satisfied!

I have been there after my arrival in Bangkok a few days ago and got a filling repaired and it was again a very careful work as I could never experience it before in my european dentaltreatments!

I do n0ot care where you go- do what you want- whatever- I just tell and like to tell that I will never change to another dentist again- ALWAYS BIDC in R'atchada Pisek BKK!

No need to compair a price - I am scared of dentists and when i am satisfied I do not change.

E'verybody must know it of the own behalf: is a price important or quality of the treatments result?

I just like to tell you what I think is good- if you can get a good dental treatment done and a car repairment or face-lifting too- whatever? then go to that plastic surgant or garage if you need to save time!

:o haha but I go to the BIDC
Good since I know it 2007 to 2014 and I can not expect it will ever change

Sorry, I like to explain:

I have chosen the nickname teethjoe because I always make a new nickname for each forum!

This seemed to match with this thread but it may appear to be a bad choice if I post something in another thread...

sorry - I did not think about it and now I am sad about it that there are so very serious people who complain about it, when I can not underytand at all why teeth in my nick shall be suspicious in any way!

If I can change it and i will find out I will do so!

zzz

I am in KK now- Here are also dentists but I travel to BKK BIDC if I need a dental treatment and if you think it is advertisement you shall think what you like, but better call me crazy that I do not sleep but write this here while I have not 1cent Benefit out of this!

just for fun- like teethjoe

• 4 weeks later...

4 years ago I had a crown done at BIDC, it was not the best experience.

The dentist kept cutting away my bone to have space for the crown and he almost filed the whole tooth away, maybe that is normal I don't know as its my only crown, but the whole procedure just felt wrong. Anyway it took forever and in the end he did a very poor job filing the crown, it was like he didn't know how to use that paper thing they put in to see where the teeth grind, so after I don't know how long I said fine and went to a dentist in my home country to have it filed properly.

To be fair though, the crown is still okay 4 years later and the good and expensive dentist in my home country said it looked fine.

Oh my god, who can belief this?
A dentist who makes that task each and every day does really not know how to do it right???
Oh come on!

This looks just like a fake posting, really!

my crown from 2007 is still perfectly fine and without any decay - no problem!

I got a second crown there for a second tooth and I would make a crown for each remaining tooth too if I need it and always by BIDC!

zzz a "paper thing" and "space for the crown"???
space for the crown is always there after the crown replaces a tooth! nothing to remove to increase a space...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised I never did a follow up to all this - all my opinions changed!

Bangkok Dental Hospital turned out to be awful - a senior bitch dentist there suggested it would be easier to pull out three of my teeth rather than work on them. What kind of dentist in this day and age suggests pulling teeth?! That is the absolute last resort. 2 of them were healthy teeth!

I was so flabbergasted at her dreadful, unprofessional and bitchy attitude, that I left and never returned.

That would be the "senior bitch" on the fourth floor right .. room 404? She is a nightmare .. always trying to tell you your teeth are ruined and you need crowns or implants. She's tried this on me a couple of times and I called her out on my last visit and she wasn't happy about it. Apart from her I find the place great, although they have increased the prices massively over the five years I have been going there.

Have you tried checking out Thantakit? Been using them for my dental needs ever since. Perhaps the reason why I kept coming back coz I never felt like being ripped off or something. Most of their dentists got their degrees abroad. The place was cool and the staff were all professional.

Thanakit and Thonglor dental clinics, in my view. BIDC on Ratchadapisek is just around the corner from me and, yes, their facilities look great, but a dentist there proposed extracting 4 of my then 14-yr old daughter's teeth as part of a straightening program.

We'd previously had an examination by a very trusted orthodontist abroad who had outlined a program that didn't require extractions so the BIDC dentist's plan was alarming, and came with a 1500 baht bill just for the look. Thonglor did the work with no extractions and her teeth are now perfectly straight.

Mahidol Dental Clinic nearby Victory Monument is the very best, I think, but wait times for non-emergency appointments are long, as is the wait time for the actual appointment because it is so popular and relatively cheap.

There are obviously some people as chatette triing to harm the reputation of BIDC Ratchada...

Me was there with my gf who also needed braces (the above user calls it straigtneing and I expect it is a thai who works for the other dnetist!) but I wished only an opinionm, after BIDC is the most trustable dentist of this planet for me-but too far away for my girlfriend-

and I know that it is sometimes only a financial matter if tooths get removed or not!
Sometimes it is more...and it is also in our human existance that we have often different opinions...
It is your decision if you trust this one or that one and you should anyways get enough informations for a good decision!
It is on your own behalf to decide the best for your daughter-
as I decided for the most expensive treatment for my girlfriend and she got it in Khonkaen- because she lives there!

It is called diamond treatment and I do not belief it is true that a look into a mouth costs you this money!
I think thisis a pure lie!
This user should get removed out of here!!!
A checkup does never cost 1000Baht or more! an injection or xray is cheaper!!!
For 1100Baht you can get a filling already!

I expect that the BIDC makes the lifes of other dentists in Bangkok so hard that they must try to lie as much as they can to survive...
This is only my opinion and I DO NOT MEAN ALL OF THEM!

This treatment(diamond treatment) was also suggested by BIDC and no removal is required for it-
but also the cheaper way which requires the removal-
can be chosen- It is everybodies own decision what to do with informations!

Everybody shall ask as much as everybody needs to understand what happens in the world with them:
In my opinion it was absolutely not necessary to remove a tooth and the BIDC has confirmed me this - Sometimes the tooths have no space and removal is just a necessary step to make a good look possible!
Why should any dentist advice to do the cheaper treatment with toothremoval?
The BIDC does the best for it to rescue each single tooth in a mouth, I am convinced!

And I am a customer since years only- a farang - no paid poster with suspicious claims!
I heard about a lot of thai people who got tooths removed to afford the cheaper treatment- removal could make it also quicklier but I expect it weakens the teeth and I would never remove a tooth if there is a better way!

Oh sorry, I did not choose the most expensive treatment because this would have been with transparent brackets as I remember...and I can´t pay everything .
The other dentist in fact, in Khon kaen, has suggested my gf to choose the cheaper treatment and I think it was just meant to offer the cheapest treatment to compete with other dentists!

Hi All,

I hope you can help. I'm looking for a dentist to do so fairly routine cleaning, to replace some old fillings and possibly also whitening. I've been looking around for recommendations but haven't been able to find any anywhere on the whole Internet. I am particularly interested in whether a place called something like The Bangkok International Dental Center is any good. I have had a look at their website but unfortunately it doesn't have any information in my language so it hasn't really been very much help. I'm Austrian by the way. Anyone? Anyone at all? I would love a recommendation for this BIDC place. Ideally from someone who's pretending to have been going there for some time but is blatantly obviously an employee...

TIA,

Tom

:)

^^^^^

I'm looking for a dentist to do so fairly routine cleaning,

500 baht at the dentist I use.

to replace some old fillings

Replace with what?

Had two fillings done on Tuesday, cost 1,300 baht.

and possibly also whitening

Sorry, dont know what this means.

Deartfwiii!

1. I do not belief that you are austrian

What is your language? you use enlgish language now in here and I expect you can find easily informations about the BIDC in this language...

Your english is a style for itself :)

2. I am no employee but I expect you mean me- this is why I answer to your posting-

but as mentioned I am no employee of BIDC and I have no understanding for it why you expect me to work for BIDC-Please explain your claim!

There is no reason for, why a positive opinion of a customer is not from a customer but from an employee!

I ONLY like to state that in my opinion the BIDC in Ratchada offers a good quality of treatment-

go whereever you like tpo and do whatever you like to and pay for whatever you think is the best for you!

I do not care about your teeth - only about mine!

Just clean your teeth twice a day and you will propably need to go for checkups only but seldomly need treatments ;)

Oh my god, who can belief this?

A dentist who makes that task each and every day does really not know how to do it right???

Oh come on!

This looks just like a fake posting, really!

Say what you want but that happened. The dentist really seemed very inexperienced, he even played music on his ipad which was pretty nice, but he then said to his two assistents in Thai that now they just needed a drink! I am seriously not making this up.

Yeah a "paper thing", how else do you explain that "paper thing" they stick in between you teeth to see how the grind? This guy did not know how to use it, unbelievable.

Anyway I'm back here looking for another dentist.