Bad Experience With Thai Airways (children policy)

>1. My wife and I were bumped out of business class just before boarding when some big Thai HiSO and family showed up, forcing us to economy with refund.<

Same happened to me. Except, there was no offer for a price difference refund. What they offered me was empty seats on my left and on my right in economy class. No kidding!! True, it was many years ago, but the attitudes at TG have not changed much over the years. I switched to EVA and I have been very happy with their service and professionalism. I also prefer the route LAX-TPE-BKK over LAX-NRT-BKK. The flight between LAX and TPE is much longer than the one to NRT. I can sleep longer. And the second leg is only 3:30 hrs. Much more manageable than the 6 hrs from NRT to BKK where it is too short to get another deep, resting sleep.

I went back to TG when they flew nonstop from LAX. I enjoyed that luxury and ignored everything else about TG. Once they ended the nonstop flights, I came back running to EVA. EVA is also much cheaper than the sheisters at TG. EVA also credits your mileage IMMEDIATELY upon completeion of flight. TG wants you to wait for a few days... Why> Dn't they use computers? And forget about your transferred miles from Starwoood hotels being credited to your account at TG without you sending a few strong e-mails. Miles from car rental company were not credited several times. I once maintained a 2 years' correspondence with TG about missing, lousy 500 miles from a rental company. You would not believe the rejection (of the miles) and denials on the part of TG. And I was a gold card member with them at the time...

I am back to EVA and life is enjoyable again smile.png

I have had exactly the same experience with TG on crediting partner miles. For car hires, nearly 50% of them never show up. I can't really be bothered with the frustration of chasing TG with calls and emails for 500 miles, and from your experience with TG customer "service", it sounds like that is an exercise in futility anyway.

Sounds like the op went about things the wrong way and is now blaming Thai Airways for his oversight. I bet there would be drama no matter which airline he flew with.

It's not the kids that bother me on a long flight, lets face it we were all there once, it's the moaning old whiners who think the utmost must be done by all to ensure they have an enjoyable flight. The kids don't know any better and cannot help the crying, the old moaners have no excuse. I know who I would stick in the hold with the bags and animals.

sms747 asks..... "Is it really necessary to take two month old babies on long haul flights?".........No it is not. They could send them via the Post Office, perhaps Surface Mail, a lot cheaper than a plane flight and no worries about disturbing fellow passengers.

>1. My wife and I were bumped out of business class just before boarding when some big Thai HiSO and family showed up, forcing us to economy with refund.<

Same happened to me. Except, there was no offer for a price difference refund. What they offered me was empty seats on my left and on my right in economy class. No kidding!! True, it was many years ago, but the attitudes at TG have not changed much over the years. I switched to EVA and I have been very happy with their service and professionalism. I also prefer the route LAX-TPE-BKK over LAX-NRT-BKK. The flight between LAX and TPE is much longer than the one to NRT. I can sleep longer. And the second leg is only 3:30 hrs. Much more manageable than the 6 hrs from NRT to BKK where it is too short to get another deep, resting sleep.

I went back to TG when they flew nonstop from LAX. I enjoyed that luxury and ignored everything else about TG. Once they ended the nonstop flights, I came back running to EVA. EVA is also much cheaper than the sheisters at TG. EVA also credits your mileage IMMEDIATELY upon completeion of flight. TG wants you to wait for a few days... Why> Dn't they use computers? And forget about your transferred miles from Starwoood hotels being credited to your account at TG without you sending a few strong e-mails. Miles from car rental company were not credited several times. I once maintained a 2 years' correspondence with TG about missing, lousy 500 miles from a rental company. You would not believe the rejection (of the miles) and denials on the part of TG. And I was a gold card member with them at the time...

I am back to EVA and life is enjoyable again smile.png

I have had exactly the same experience with TG on crediting partner miles. For car hires, nearly 50% of them never show up. I can't really be bothered with the frustration of chasing TG with calls and emails for 500 miles, and from your experience with TG customer "service", it sounds like that is an exercise in futility anyway.

Its not actually TGs remit to chase partner miles if they go missing its the partner you decided to use read the T&C's