30 day extension in chiang rai

norasia

Hi All..... needing a bit of advice. I'm coming up to chiang rai, and will need to get a 30 day extension on my tourist visa.

I've read that this might be possible in Central department store, or the city stadium. Could someone please clarify where do do this, the only info I get on the governments official site is to go to Mae Sai. If this is the case, how do I get there, and how long does it take?

Thanks in advance

ChiangRai immigration come to central on the first sturday of every month, Other than that you must go to MaiSai.

You get to Mae Sai by bus. There is one every half hour or so from the town bus station and it will take about an hour.

Edited by harrry

Thanks for the info Harry..... looks like its gonna have to be a trip to Mai Sai. I've found the office on google maps and looks like the bus will be able to drop me off right outside. But what about the return trip to Chiang Rai...would the bus stop outside immigration to pick me up?

Also, is it a busy place? I'll be quite short for time... 1-2 hours, I hope this will be enough time to get the extension.

Thanks