Thai man points pistol at Russian visitor in Phuket

webfact

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, it was real

The guy left town in a hurry because he thought the guy with friends will be back for more payback or a walk down the street in a weeks time may be his last.

Unless you've had a pistol pointed at you, you don't know how your going to react.

It was typical Thai style of confrontation and words and I'd say on the trip to the island with her friends

he may of dipped his wick and when she got back, crazy boy has found out or put 2 and 2 together.

Oh he's my brother is a common story here in Thailand when playing both guys.

• Like 1

I recall some years back I was working in Bangchang when a Thai guy walked into the office and pointed a gun at my boss (An American) and demanded that he was paid money he was owed; this was very scary indeed, as most Thai guys carrying guns are lose cannons. The fact that for this matter the Thai guy had a fake gun does not mean it's all ok; his intention was to brand it as a real gun, and that is the context it must be taken. I would not accept the 10,000 nor the apology I would want the law to be applied, as a lesson learned.

• Like 2

I don't claim to be a "bad ass", but with my background and training, that video would have had a much different ending. I counted at least 4 places where I could have easily taken that piece of Thai crap

Right. You're at, like, the wizard level or something, in that video game, right? Wouldn't even need to put down that diet coke in your left hand, you'd just push the red button on the joystick with your other hand. Bang bang bang, swish wosh kabang, and he'd be like, dead and stuff, and you'd enter the next level.

Top score: Just1Voice.

The Thing is when your trained on how to fight and protect yourself you do notice these things.

That’s why those that are trained, protect those who are not..

One reason my trainer instructor always told me to treat everyone as if they were the highest trained possible threat is because you never know who you are messing with.

When you put your guard down that’s when those that do think of these things take their opportunity and strike.

His Thoughts were not those of video game fantasy but those of reality.

If someone has a gun and is threatening me I do not know what their final decision on my life will be, so I will act with what my training has taught me to survive.

I did think your post was funny so l laugh.png and did like it... I just thought I would say this because I had some of the same thoughts as 1voice

• Like 1

I've watched the video quite a few times and have come to the

conclusion that the entire video is bullshit, a sham, a scam

perhaps? Who knows. The supposed Russian is way too calm

and also he never locked hs door after the feller with the

pistol walked out the frst time nor did he lock it when the same

feller walked out the final time. Furthermore...being slapped

by a local lad by the hand just ain't so...why didn't the local

lad pistol whip the Russian if he wanted to scare him; short of

blowing his ass away. Just sip satang....

ever heard of shock? trust me in town here, Thai's are all posting it and condemning it

it's a 100% real and the guy was shitting bricks

why didn't why didn't , give you a tip

if you've beaning playing with a Thai girl and suddenly says can't see you anymore.

I'm talking about normal thai girl not a bar girl or hooker.

You will know the bf is back or other so if somebody comes knocking, turn on your camera or phone

pop it up on the table, may save the police a lot of work and be your witness in court.

its real IMO

also i thought the thai knew he lost face himself... the reaction from the russian was class... and the thai knew it, hence there was a couple pauses coz he didn't know what to do

the thai guy was using the gun as the power and since the russian took it like a man, the thai was a bit out of his depth. another clue to this was when the thai guy came back again to try and get a reaction, but the russian was cool as ice and that thai fool knew it

at last an educated person who understands people and situations

Even though something smells fishy here (especially with the Russian not locking the door after the little F#^k left for the second time), I think that the video is real because of the slapping. The little tw@t gave him quite a good beating... I don't really get it how someone can remain that calm on his knees while a miniature cartoon version of that Gangnam style guy is having a fit right in front of him, permanently flipping the toy gun from right to left and back for the slapping sequences.

With adrenalin pumping through my veins and anger building up like crazy, even by simply watching that recording, I am quite sure that I would have taken that little prick out for good and broken his neck in the very moment he starts to flip the gun again and I would have given a toss whether it is a real one or not. I mean, look at the Russian - he's in good shape and almost twice the size of the Gangnam dwarf - there are times in life where you have to fight and defend yourself and one of those is when someone points a gun at you.

In any case, this is not good advertising for Thailand in general and I think it is about time for Thai authorities to brush up Thailand's reputation by making an example in letting "Thai Mini-Me" do a few years of hard time in the "Phuket Sheraton". But wishing for this is like hoping that "Shrinky" will ever improve his English beyond... you know?

It's a jungle out there, we all know it and this is why we love this place :)

That video clip looks like it was all set up. Who just happens to have a camera at the ready perfectly aimed at the door. Possible that he expected this and wanted the video evidence.

Obviously you didn't bother to read the intro. What is it with many people on this forum that they never take the time to read things first before shooting their mouth off [No pun intended]

I certainly did read the news article ...

"This time Mr Tubaev set up his camera and pressed the record button before opening the door."

I repeat - it was all set up ..... he was expecting this.

its real IMO

also i thought the thai knew he lost face himself... the reaction from the russian was class... and the thai knew it, hence there was a couple pauses coz he didn't know what to do

the thai guy was using the gun as the power and since the russian took it like a man, the thai was a bit out of his depth. another clue to this was when the thai guy came back again to try and get a reaction, but the russian was cool as ice and that thai fool knew it

I tempted to agree with your reading of the situation but I'm still confused why the Russian would set up the camera and then not use the chain lock on the door. I understand he probably want to film a confrontation that he expected but he could have caused the Thai to lose far more 'face' by simply chaining the door and filming him trying to kick it open or force his way in.

You know? You know? YOU KNOW!

You listen me? You listen me! You know?

It would have been less funny if he just slapped the guy around and shut up.

A typical thai man, but he forgot to say: you pay me, you go with my wife me, you pay me, you know?

• Like 2

here we go again. watched the first few seconds and knew it was fake. How can intelligent people on this forum be so gullible.

Why it was done who know.

um, actually, intelligent people will leave the option open for it being either fake or real, because they know they don't truly know. arrogant people say what you say. just to clarify.

can't be that intelligent if can't see this for what it is. Total bullshit by some idiot russian.

you've made my point, again. only an arrogant man claims to be more intelligent than the person who "can't see" something. did you see the video being made? do you know one of these two people? were you a producer or director? whether you believe it to be fake or not is irrelevant. the truth is.... you don't know for sure, it's your hunch and your opinion. casting dispersion on others for not thinking like you is as arrogant as the definition describes. my hunch is you are either really young or really stupid. but you could be both, like, apparently, the "idiot" young russian that faked a video about, i don't know, getting slapped in the face very hard several times by some guy. yeah, people fake videos like that all the time, it's so common. not.

• Like 1

That video clip looks like it was all set up. Who just happens to have a camera at the ready perfectly aimed at the door. Possible that he expected this and wanted the video evidence.

Obviously you didn't bother to read the intro. What is it with many people on this forum that they never take the time to read things first before shooting their mouth off [No pun intended]

I certainly did read the news article ...

"This time Mr Tubaev set up his camera and pressed the record button before opening the door."

I repeat - it was all set up ..... he was expecting this.

The problem ith the word set up, is that it might mean the participation of the thai guy as part of this set up. Which I believe is not what you mean.

Your post no 30 provided a clarification on this:

LivinginKata

"I did not mean a fake set-up. I meant that the Thai guy was set up for video evidence proof. Seems like the Russian had a good idea this guy was after him. Maybe he should have moved out sooner."

The russian guy prepared a set up to capture on video an event about to happen.

its real IMO

at last an educated person who understands people and situations

He was not "cool as ice: - he was in shock and was wimping out by being completely inactive, not even able to make a sound. I have seen the same kind of behaviour in similar situations when I was a kid. The assaulted person simply freezes and can't even make a sound. In most cases it makes the attacker even more angry because he does not get the reaction he expects (tears, whimping and begging for mercy)... Think the Russian was in a similar state of shock. Still can't believe it, looking at the huge difference in body size between the Russian and the Gangnam Style Leprechaun with his plastic gun.

We however are missing the best part here, who will shag Chaka Karn now as the Russian is back home and Shorty is in jail???

• Like 1

Setup? <deleted> are you all babbling about? Why would the russian ask a thai guy to slap him hard on the face, and then proceed to go to the cops to file an official complaint? Why would the thai guy accept to do that while being filmed? It doesn't make any sense.

What makes sense is that a particularly horrible person was caught on tape. Russia is the land of dashcams, that explains why a Russian would think about turning on his cam before opening the door, at least much better than any of your ridiculous setup theories.

I hope that thai scum will be punished accordingly.

I thing the scene is real. The anger and jealousy of the man were too authentic to be disputed. The Russian, a young handsome tall hunk with lots of money is no contest compared to a local mediocrity. No, I believe this is a real life drama of desperate actions by a hurt, jealous man.

• Like 1

I found it interesting when the police said the fake gun made it a joke.

Why wasn't it a joke a few weeks ago when that idiot teacher gave a bank teller a written note saying he had a gun and knife. They refused bail because it was a violent crime because the teller really thought he might had a gun and knife.

Must be that Thainess thing again. Thai has fake gun, so it is a joke.

Farang has a piece of paper so it is a violent crime. Go figure.

I salute to that! Wise words typed by a wise A Guy!!!

Worldwide, the bank always wins.

In Thailand, the Thai always wins.

I would wish that it would be similar in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Scandinavia... Because there we have a sick twist in how law is served: Three turkish immigrant youngsters beat up and kill a 70 year olf German in a subway station in an unprovoked attack - they get sentenced to a few hours of social service. A mid-aged German fends off two immigrants who attacked him and his girlfriend unprovoked after watching the movies, breaking one attacker's jaw and sending the other one away with a broken rib, it was "defending with excessive force" and the attacked German is sentenced to two years on probation... We (Germans) are aliens in our own country. The Thais are more clever in dealing with unwanted immigrants = can't get a visa? Off you go! That however does NOT mean that the anti foreigner sentiment should be perverted to such an extend that a Thai threatening a foreigner with a replica is regarded to as a joke that does not need to be punished by law, while a foreigner writing a note in a bank gets paid by the bank staff and walks away without harming anyone is treated and sentenced like a mass murderer... Thailand...

• Like 1

That English TV serie (Big trouble in Thailand) comes to mind, where the 'jetski mafia guy' was caught on video threatening a customer and a whole investigation took place. Afterwards it came out that it was all staged.

Maybe they have the same show in Russia ....

BTW How do you 'camouflage' a full lens from such a distance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVryRNY6vrA

Skip to 02:10

Edited by sniffdog

hahahahha thai style ! , you see they dont like the russians you will hear soon, some russian die , but he lucky and alive !

Actually if it was in Texas and some guy was banging your wife, you can shoot him dead. If she 'just so happens' to be under him when you shoot him, and you use a powerful enough gauge for the bullet to pass right through him and kill her too, :D then you cannot get done for her death either. :D

I dont know if I should laugh or cry at that story .... such courage to hit someone on his knees , typical local "wanabee" though guy ... This is a disgrace and shame for Thailand, knowing the Russian tourists numbers is very high , such story will go around on Russian TV , not good for Phuket or Thailand in general.

I wouldn't mind the Russian mafia coming and showing this little <deleted> what a real gangster is.