Thai man points pistol at Russian visitor in Phuket

webfact

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its real IMO

also i thought the thai knew he lost face himself... the reaction from the russian was class... and the thai knew it, hence there was a couple pauses coz he didn't know what to do

the thai guy was using the gun as the power and since the russian took it like a man, the thai was a bit out of his depth. another clue to this was when the thai guy came back again to try and get a reaction, but the russian was cool as ice and that thai fool knew it

at last an educated person who understands people and situations

It's true,a fake gun really is a waste of time.If you're going to pull a gun you need to use it,otherwise where do you have to go?Nowhere!

Setup? <deleted> are you all babbling about? Why would the russian ask a thai guy to slap him hard on the face, and then proceed to go to the cops to file an official complaint? Why would the thai guy accept to do that while being filmed? It doesn't make any sense.

What makes sense is that a particularly horrible person was caught on tape. Russia is the land of dashcams,  that explains why a Russian would think about turning on his cam before opening the door, at least much better than any of your ridiculous setup theories.

I hope that thai scum will be punished accordingly.

Nup. Its fake.

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Of course the gun is fake! Anyone can tell from the video. And no way would the thai in the video show the police a fake one upon request. Moral of the story is, Thailand can be a dangerous place. Watch your back. Thai guys can't compete and resort to violence. I know a dude who was beaten by two thai guys with baseball bats under similar conditions. He had no idea the girl had a boyfriend, either current, or estranged. He's lucky to be alive.

Setup? <deleted> are you all babbling about? Why would the russian ask a thai guy to slap him hard on the face, and then proceed to go to the cops to file an official complaint? Why would the thai guy accept to do that while being filmed? It doesn't make any sense.

What makes sense is that a particularly horrible person was caught on tape. Russia is the land of dashcams, that explains why a Russian would think about turning on his cam before opening the door, at least much better than any of your ridiculous setup theories.

I thing the scene is real. The anger and jealousy of the man were too authentic to be disputed. The Russian, a young handsome tall hunk with lots of money is no contest compared to a local mediocrity. No, I believe this is a real life drama of desperate actions by a hurt, jealous man.

It's no doubt real. Whoever thinks this is fake is a complete moron. Even if the scene looked fake, don't be stupid...what possible purpose would it serve? As to why the Russian had a camera aimed at the door... He'd had threats.

Sometimes I really appreciate the justice system in the West. Something like this would deservedly put a person away for 5 years minimum and huge bail money if bail offered at all. In Thailand he'll likely walk around free and end up with probation or possibly a few months in jail.

Edited by happysanook
  • Like 2

laugh.png it looked like a trailer for a new, upcoming Lakorn.. the acting was that bad...

& as regards his ultra coolness, for a split second toward the end, i thought the Russian was going to do a 'Vinnie Jones' .....

(with that conclusion, it would've gotten 5 stars rather than a poor 2 from me)

laugh.png it looked like a trailer for a new, upcoming Lakorn.. the acting was that bad...

& as regards his ultra coolness, for a split second toward the end, i thought the Russian was going to do a 'Vinnie Jones' .....

(with that conclusion, it would've gotten 5 stars rather than a poor 2 from me)

What about it was fake? How would they have been acting if it was real? I've seen angry Thai guys... Many many of them and it doesn't look any different than this. As to the guy just sitting there... What would you do? Start crying? Attack him? The Thai guy obviously didn't speak enough English for the Russian to try and reason with him.

Beyond all this...The Thai guy was arrested. What possible reason would there to be for the Russian to sit there and let himself be bitch slapped and then turn a fake video into police?

Edited by happysanook
  • Like 1

.........Stop drinking all that whiskey and finish your 2 week holiday early.

omg.. coffee1.gif(lighten up dude!?)

don't drink.. lived here nearly 10 yrs... speak fluent Thai.. own a business.. have a Thai family. Or did you mean the 2 week holidays i have when i go back to see mum in farangland?

yawn....

edit: you can edit your post all you like... (better you did, coz flaming isn't nice) smile.png

Edited by Goshawk

I am not saying it was fake or not, but I do think the Russian's lack of reaction seems unnatural.

One could say he totally froze up of course and that his reactions were in line with this behavior. On the other hand, he does not even flinch, when the guy was slapping him. Even if one was being submissive and scared to death, one might cower at such blows, or one turn the head away slightly when being struck. or maybe raise your hands to protect your face, when someone is swinging at you. It is human instinct to flinch at least a little bit. And when I say raise the hands, I mean in a defensive manner to protect the face. Who knows, the guy could have hit him with the pistol or fist and really knocked him out. One would think it would be normal to flinch or turn one's head away or raise one's hands. That is human instinct to do so.

So, yes, one could say he froze up, but I found it odd that he did not flinch at all. That took a lot of conscious thought in my mind, for him to override natural human instinct to flinch.

Also, he did not even speak. When being asked ok, ok? Wonder why he did not nod in agreement, or say ok, to help defuse the situation a bit. I would say staying silent made the guy get more angry.

If one were not going to get angry or fight back, then I think the other natural response would be to acquiesce, say ok or nod in agreement, maybe even say I did not know, or I am sorry, or it wont happen again, or some words to try and defuse or de-escalate the anger. I guess again, one could use the froze up explanation and say he could not move and could not speak a word. But, again, it did not appear to me to be the most natural behavior in that situation. And took more conscious thought and decision to not speak, rather than to nod or say ok.

Not saying it was fake or real, just stating an observation that some behavior seemed unnatural and took more conscious thought and decision to not talk and not flinch and override more basic human instinct to at least flinch. However, there are always exceptions to nature and not everyone's behavior follows the norm.

Edited by ebcal

What makes sense is that a particularly horrible person was caught on tape. Russia is the land of dashcams, that explains why a Russian would think about turning on his cam before opening the door, at least much better than any of your ridiculous setup theories.

Nup. Its fake.

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nup. Its real.

Sent from the infinite loop forum reply application.

don't drink.. lived here nearly 10 yrs... speak fluent Thai.. own a business.. have a Thai family. Or did you mean the 2 week holidays i have when i go back to see mum in farangland?

yawn....

edit: you can edit your post all you like... (better you did, coz flaming isn't nice) smile.png

If you've been around that long and had any logic at all you surely would believe the video was real. Again, what about it makes you think it was fake? Those slaps were as real as it gets. Why would someone sit there and allow someone to bitch slap them and then have the guy arrested for it. Why would the Thai guy participate as well. Don't be silly.

• Like 1

It's hard to call but Id say it's real, the Thai guys adrenaline is really pumping as you can tell by his exaggerated breaths that are clearly evident at the start, and the moment where he doesn't know how to react to the Russians silence.

It's not nice to watch but if it's real I guess the Russian could consider himself lucky to have been given a warning to get out and a few slaps - nothing a couple of shots of vodka wouldn't fix. Could have been a lot worse I guess.

Hope she was worth it!

• Like 2

I am not saying it was fake or not, but I do think the Russian's lack of reaction seems unnatural.

One could say he totally froze up of course and that his reactions were in line with this behavior. On the other hand, he does not even flinch, when the guy was slapping him. Even if one was being submissive and scared to death, one might cower at such blows, or one turn the head away slightly when being struck. or maybe raise your hands to protect your face, when someone is swinging at you. It is human instinct to flinch at least a little bit. And when I say raise the hands, I mean in a defensive manner to protect the face. Who knows, the guy could have hit him with the pistol or fist and really knocked him out. One would think it would be normal to flinch or turn one's head away or raise one's hands. That is human instinct to do so.

So, yes, one could say he froze up, but I found it odd that he did not flinch at all. That took a lot of conscious thought in my mind, for him to override natural human instinct to flinch.

Also, he did not even speak. When being asked ok, ok? Wonder why he did not nod in agreement, or say ok, to help defuse the situation a bit. I would say staying silent made the guy get more angry.

If one were not going to get angry or fight back, then I think the other natural response would be to acquiesce, say ok or nod in agreement, maybe even say I did not know, or I am sorry, or it wont happen again, or some words to try and defuse or de-escalate the anger. I guess again, one could use the froze up explanation and say he could not move and could not speak a word. But, again, it did not appear to me to be the most natural behavior in that situation. And took more conscious thought and decision to not speak, rather than to nod or say ok.

Not saying it was fake or real, just stating an observation that some behavior seemed unnatural and took more conscious thought and decision to not talk and not flinch and override more basic human instinct to at least flinch. However, there are always exceptions to nature and not everyone's behavior follows the norm.

The best thing to do in that situation if you're not going to defend is to just sit there and take it.

The guy did the absolute smartest thing possible. Flinching, showing fear, cowering, crying, arguing, trying to be logical would just encourage the Thai guy and extend the abuse.

Really really surprised at the amount of people thinking this is fake. I'm guessing most of you have never been in a true situation similar to this. I've had guns pointed at me as well. Real guns. Staying calm is the absolute best thing for you if you're not going to play an offensive defense.

• Like 1

omg.. :coffee1:(lighten up dude!?)

yawn....

edit: you can edit your post all you like... (better you did, coz flaming isn't nice) :)

Are you the guy that catches the little birds to be put in cages then released again to make merit?
  • Like 1

If that's fake, the Russian guy deserves an Oscar. I don't recall many people in movies taking such convincingly hard slaps to the face several times.

And while the Thai guy is definitely in the wrong, cuckolded husbands often kill their wife's lover in all our countries... this is not unique to Thailand or to Thai men. The Russian guy handled it well and, had it been a real gun, would have saved his life with his passive behaviour. Others here, with their Rambo attitudes, would have probably got themselves killed (again assuming the gun is real).

• Like 1

yawn....

If you've been around that long and had any logic at all you surely would believe the video was real. Again, what about it makes you think it was fake? Those slaps were as real as it gets. Why would someone sit there and allow someone to bitch slap them and then have the guy arrested for it. Why would the Thai guy participate as well. Don't be silly.

now that you've calmed down (& changed/edited out, at least 3 times, what you posted in reply to me...rolleyes.gif - which is the only reason i'm replying to you now, btw) where do you glean from my light hearted offering that i believe it's fake?

did i actually say it was fake? didn't think so... wink.png

The best thing to do in that situation if you're not going to defend is to just sit there and take it.

The guy did the absolute smartest thing possible. Flinching, showing fear, cowering, crying, arguing, trying to be logical would just encourage the Thai guy and extend the abuse.

Really really surprised at the amount of people thinking this is fake. I'm guessing most of you have never been in a true situation similar to this. I've had guns pointed at me as well. Real guns. Staying calm is the absolute best thing for you if you're not going to play an offensive defense.

"Flinching, showing fear, cowering, crying, arguing, trying to be logical would just encourage the Thai guy and extend the abuse."

I dont know that this would hold true in every case. Sometimes no response would encourage, outrage the attacker more, and escalate their behavior. They would escalate their actions to elicit a response. Sometimes agreeing to whatever said, or at least nodding or saying ok, when being asked repeatedly ok? ok? would be a smarter move, rather than refusing to answer the question and potentially get the attacker more enraged.

In this case, his not speaking worked out, but that does not mean it was the best response on average for this situation. I think many cases, nodding or saying ok would be a better response than refusing to answer a question and refusing to respond.

• Like 1

"Flinching, showing fear, cowering, crying, arguing, trying to be logical would just encourage the Thai guy and extend the abuse."

I dont know that this would hold true in every case. Sometimes no response would encourage, outrage the attacker more, and escalate their behavior. They would escalate their actions to elicit a response. Sometimes agreeing to whatever said, or at least nodding or saying ok, when being asked repeatedly ok? ok? would be a smarter move, rather than refusing to answer the question and potentially get the attacker more enraged.

In this case, his not speaking worked out, but that does not mean it was the best response on average for this situation. I think many cases, nodding or saying ok would be a better response than refusing to answer a question and refusing to respond.

This is a really interesting point, personally I think the Russians lack of response throws the Thai guy off a bit, hence the leaving the room and the walking back in bit it's almost as if the Thai guy is wondering how well he's been understood, maybe if the Russian was more submissive the Thai guy would have gone to town on him or let his emotions get away with him a bit. Who knows.

I will say That the Russians reaction is quite normal in this situation and disagree with those people who think his reaction to the situation looked staged.

I worked in a nightclub back home that employed a guy who would dish this kind of treatment out to drug dealers that were caught as a deterrent for them coming back, actually sometimes they got much worse than this albeit without a gun, using the threat of calling the police instead. It was very normal particularly if the dealers were sober for them just to just soak up the punishment and leave without saying very much at all.

Personally I'd probably bounce around naked on a pogo stick singing the national anthem if a Thai guy who's wife I'd been 'sharing' held a gun to my head and told me to, but that's just me I'm no hero I'm afraid.

• Like 1

This is a really interesting point, personally I think the Russians lack of response throws the Thai guy off a bit, hence the leaving the room and the walking back in bit it's almost as if the Thai guy is wondering how well he's been understood, maybe if the Russian was more submissive the Thai guy would have gone to town on him or let his emotions get away with him a bit. Who knows.

I will say That the Russians reaction is quite normal in this situation and disagree with those people who think his reaction to the situation looked staged.

I worked in a nightclub back home that employed a guy who would dish this kind of treatment out to drug dealers that were caught as a deterrent for them coming back, actually sometimes they got much worse than this albeit without a gun, using the threat of calling the police instead. It was very normal particularly if the dealers were sober for them just to just soak up the punishment and leave without saying very much at all.

Personally I'd probably bounce around naked on a pogo stick singing the national anthem if a Thai guy who's wife I'd been 'sharing' held a gun to my head and told me to, but that's just me I'm no hero I'm afraid.

Most of the time the gun wasn't pointing anywhere except he ground. whistling.gif

If we ever find out for sure whether this is fake or real, there's going to be so much egg on some peoples' faces. :D

Real or fake, the Russians survived Hitler, survived Stalingrad, survived starvation, survived Ivan the Terrible, survived the purges of Stalin. They also gave us Gagarin, Prokofiev, culture - these are a deep, profound, menacing (if you must) yet warm people. Either try to understand them or pay the price eventually.

I would comment on the special opps advisors here, but I need to dispose of the three al-Qaeda troops that tried to jump me this evening, ahem..

• Like 1

I don't claim to be a "bad ass", but with my background and training, that video would have had a much different ending. I counted at least 4 places where I could have easily taken that piece of Thai crap

Right. You're at, like, the wizard level or something, in that video game, right? Wouldn't even need to put down that diet coke in your left hand, you'd just push the red button on the joystick with your other hand. Bang bang bang, swish wosh kabang, and he'd be like, dead and stuff, and you'd enter the next level.

Top score: Just1Voice.

The Thing is when your trained on how to fight and protect yourself you do notice these things.

That’s why those that are trained, protect those who are not..

One reason my trainer instructor always told me to treat everyone as if they were the highest trained possible threat is because you never know who you are messing with.

When you put your guard down that’s when those that do think of these things take their opportunity and strike.

His Thoughts were not those of video game fantasy but those of reality.

If someone has a gun and is threatening me I do not know what their final decision on my life will be, so I will act with what my training has taught me to survive.

I did think your post was funny so l laugh.png and did like it... I just thought I would say this because I had some of the same thoughts as 1voice

I've trained many years in Martial Arts also and I HAVE been in this situation once,it was in Jakarta with a corrupt policeman and his friends and the gun was no fake!You do as your told and take a few slaps,knowing that you will escape with your life.Nothing more,nothing less!

Anyone who says any different is just talking out of his ass!

I accept what you are saying. It's never good looking down the wrong end of a barrel. However, after he put the gun to his head, pulled the trigger, and the gun failed to fire - that was the Russian's chance.

The firearm is a semi-auto. After it misfired, the Thai guy would have had to manually cycle the firearm. This involves using two hands and takes a few seconds. Professionals can do it faster, but this guy is no professional - look at the way he continually changes hands with the firearm and continually points it to the ground, not keeping it on target.

For all you know, the gun is real, and he just tried to kill you, and you got lucky with a misfire. I'm no hero, but at that precise moment, I would have defended myself, as a matter of self preservation, and had a go at him.

Why simply let him "tap and rack" to clear his misfire and then he blows your head off?

I believe Russia has compulsory national army service, so the Russian guy would be familiar with firearms.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

where's Victor Marx when you need him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWP3vZcKUvo

and yes I totally would attempt to disarm someone but ONLY if they had me on my knees and were preparing to shoot,

I'm fully prepared for a shit storm of the usual crowd calling me a dead man,"have a go hero",cowboy etc,

but because I'm a self defense Student AND Instructor,and also shoot,I'm pretty sure that video would have ended in a dead Thai tough guy if I'd been in that poor Russian guy's shoes.

Edited by QualityTouristNumberOne
  • Like 1

I dont know if I should laugh or cry at that story .... such courage to hit someone on his knees , typical local "wanabee" though guy ... This is a disgrace and shame for Thailand, knowing the Russian tourists numbers is very high , such story will go around on Russian TV , not good for Phuket or Thailand in general.

Typical Thai story... shame for Thai people, as bad girls are all around in this country...

And Thai guy always the same, come alone with a gun or a knife, or come with friends for help, they are so courageous as usual....

• Like 1