Thai man points pistol at Russian visitor in Phuket

webfact

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was definitely not a set up. If you know a few russians you know they are not that emotional even when a gun is pointed at them.

The fact that he put his camera on the door is the way they have to live in their "freestate" country,where you can't even trust the police.

You can find this phenomenon on you tube where you find all the remarkable footage taken from russian cars. ( this is why we have such great
footage of the meteor entry in February 2013)

The fact that the police is claiming the gun was a replica and could not fire live bullets, shows how the Thai police will cover
any case they can make money out of.

• Like 2

The Russian guy played it perfect, any movement or back chat could have set the guy off into a spiral.

How was he to know the gun wasn't real? Plus sometimes in life you just have to accept the other guy has got the jump on you, live to fight another day is the motto which applies when that happens.

The Russian guy did everything right.

The Thai guy is a cowardly little w*nk.

Disagree a bit. If someone comes to visit you with a piece you expect the worse. I would rather go out having slapped the guy than be on my knees to meet my demise. The Rusky was twice his size and one clout would have been enough.

So in your weird outlook you'd be prepared to die, just so long as you got to ''slap' the guy?

Brilliant..i'm sure the family you left behind would be so proud of your actions...

• Like 1

This was definitely not a set up. If you know a few russians you know they are not that emotional even when a gun is pointed at them.

The fact that he put his camera on the door is the way they have to live in their "freestate" country,where you can't even trust the police.

You can find this phenomenon on you tube where you find all the remarkable footage taken from russian cars. ( this is why we have such great

The fact that the police is claiming the gun was a replica and could not fire live bullets, shows how the Thai police will cover

Of course you are correct BUT, if the wee Thai guy was serious he would have wasted the guy as soon as the door was opened, in fact he would have done the job somewhere outside.

Of course you are correct BUT, if the wee Thai guy was serious he would have wasted the guy as soon as the door was opened, in fact he would have done the job somewhere outside.

It is one thing to make a threat , but a whole other thing to kill.

And probably if he has to kill as many guys as his wife (or gf) will make a move on he will not last long too.

That video clip looks like it was all set up. Who just happens to have a camera at the ready perfectly aimed at the door. Possible that he expected this and wanted the video evidence.

Yes, and the Russian's reactions were weird - totally accepting of what the Thai was telling him to do, although the gun was a bit of an incentive to comply.

And when the trigger was pulled with the gun against his forehead, there was no reaction at all - no "Thank God that didn't go off!"

All very unreal.

The trigger was not pulled. It was the safety mechanism kicking in. That means the gun was real. Many semi auto guns have this feature. When it is pressed up against something it locks the gun from firing. That's all it sounded like.

So many gun experts on this forum. rolleyes.gif

And you think the Russian knew the difference between the sound of an empty gun with the trigger pulled and a "safety mechanism kicking in"?

No reaction = he knew what was going to happen. Maybe the Thai wife told him that her 'husband' had a replica gun and was "gunning for him". Or "toying with him".

The Russian guy played it perfect, any movement or back chat could have set the guy off into a spiral.

How was he to know the gun wasn't real? Plus sometimes in life you just have to accept the other guy has got the jump on you, live to fight another day is the motto which applies when that happens.

Disagree a bit. If someone comes to visit you with a piece you expect the worse. I would rather go out having slapped the guy than be on my knees to meet my demise. The Rusky was twice his size and one clout would have been enough.

So in your weird outlook you'd be prepared to die, just so long as you got to ''slap' the guy?

Brilliant..i'm sure the family you left behind would be so proud of your actions...

If the Rusky was going to die he would be dead as soon as the door was opened, he should have whacked the guy cos he was a wound up black dressed tough guy talking shit. You folk amaze me. coffee1.gif

If the Rusky was going to die he would be dead as soon as the door was opened, he should have whacked the guy cos he was a wound up black dressed tough guy talking shit. You folk amaze me. coffee1.gif

Did you by any chance play a bit part in the "Sopranos'?

All the references to ;

whacking

slapping

wasting

clouting

sort of remind of toughguy movie talk....just sayin'giggle.gif

• Like 1

Why did he set up video equipment before opening the door? He must have known something was up. And he is way too calm.

He should have taken the 10,000 Baht and blamed the girl, she was the one fooling around.

He said he hurd people trying I get in the door first probably shouting telling him to open

So he though if I am about to get pinged then might aswell get some video

Anyway it shows that this is Thailand and this is their place

I think it was the woman's fault she was obviously messing people around and playin them off against each other

Edited by BigC

Why did he set up video equipment before opening the door? He must have known something was up. And he is way too calm.

He should have taken the 10,000 Baht and blamed the girl, she was the one fooling around.

He said he hurd people trying I get in the door first probably shouting telling him to open

So he though if I am about to get pinged then might aswell get some video

Anyway it shows that this is Thailand and this is their place

I think it was the woman's fault she was obviously messing people around and playin them off against each other

If the rusky had any brains he would have pushed the bed against the door and forgot about a photo shoot. rolleyes.gif

Nail on the head. The experts here need to google Russian dash cams to see this sort of recording phenomenon is not wierd at all for Russians but rather the norm.

• Like 2

Typical "This is Thailand" line from the local.

Is this taught in schools? I've heard many Thais use it as an argument.

Even in the movie the beach the marijuana grower uses it.

Knuckle draggers need new material when arguing in English.

I used "This is Australia" on some Thai staff in Melbourne before going apeshyte at them, its actually quite refreshing/liberating to verbally abuse Thais when they are out of their comfort zone ie Thailand, as for the OP. Does it really matter?? the gun was fake and the victim was Russian. Most of the other time the hyenas in the Phuket forum are quick to belittle the Russians, now they are standing up for this so called victim. Lets establish this, the Russian knows she is living with a man, he gets caught shagging her, the end result could have been a lot worse.

Edited by IrishIvan
  • Like 2

Well! After a noticable lack of information about the Thai bully who has admitted his guilt to the police, the OTHER newspaper has revealed the missing information, in a piece published today, Friday 21-Jun, concerning the police chief's wishes that the video be removed from YouTube, lest it spoil Phuket's reputation (LOL) or create an atmosphere of anger amonst Russians, against Thais...

Anyway, as published today, we now know the bully's name is Patchara Utsaha, aged 37, and he is a manager at Thai Pramual Oil. He said his job often has him having to travel to various islands (thus we get the picture of the wife or gf (named Wilaiwan) being left alone frequently, lonely and unsupervised).

We learn that Mr. Patchara admitted his guilt, and has been charged with four counts:

1) Home invasion

2) Assault

3) Causing fear and panic

4) Holding someone against their will.

We also learn that Mr. Tubaev suffered from bad headaches for three days after being slapped violently so many times from Patchara.

And (VERY INTERESTING) to discover that Mr. Tubaev did NOT return to Russia, as so many people assumed here, but STAYED in Thailand, and is currently living in Krabi, on Pe Pe Island.

I'd say we're fortunate to have a second English language newspaper here, which (IMHO) tends to be a bit more detail-oriented, in depth, and better written.

And I'll express my gratitude to the Pucket police chief for going public with his wishes that YouTube pull this embarrasing video, since it provided the newpaper the opportunity to publish updated and additional information about this case... since "follow-up" news stories seem to be almost non-existant in LOS (Land of SLAPS).

• Like 1

I think "This is Phuket" would have been a more appropriate thing for him to say, considering Phuket is the only place in Thailand these things seem to happening. :) :)

• Like 1

I don't know with the countries of your guys, In Denmark the police would have arrested the guy with the gun and put him in prison for up to 3 years, and they would have praised the guy on the knees for remaining calm not escalating the situation. In Denmark the girlfriend would not even be considered a factor in this case.

• Like 2

What do you expect him to say,"This is Sparta?"rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Well! After a noticable lack of information about the Thai bully who has admitted his guilt to the police, the OTHER newspaper has revealed the missing information, in a piece published today, Friday 21-Jun, concerning the police chief's wishes that the video be removed from YouTube, lest it spoil Phuket's reputation (LOL) or create an atmosphere of anger amonst Russians, against Thais...

Anyway, as published today, we now know the bully's name is Patchara Utsaha, aged 37, and he is a manager at Thai Pramual Oil. He said his job often has him having to travel to various islands (thus we get the picture of the wife or gf (named Wilaiwan) being left alone frequently, lonely and unsupervised).

We learn that Mr. Patchara admitted his guilt, and has been charged with four counts:

1) Home invasion

2) Assault

3) Causing fear and panic

4) Holding someone against their will.

We also learn that Mr. Tubaev suffered from bad headaches for three days after being slapped violently so many times from Patchara.

And (VERY INTERESTING) to discover that Mr. Tubaev did NOT return to Russia, as so many people assumed here, but STAYED in Thailand, and is currently living in Krabi, on Pe Pe Island.

I'd say we're fortunate to have a second English language newspaper here, which (IMHO) tends to be a bit more detail-oriented, in depth, and better written.

And I'll express my gratitude to the Pucket police chief for going public with his wishes that YouTube pull this embarrasing video, since it provided the newpaper the opportunity to publish updated and additional information about this case... since "follow-up" news stories seem to be almost non-existant in LOS (Land of SLAPS).

Land of Slaps!laugh.png

I don't know with the countries of your guys, In Denmark the police would have arrested the guy with the gun and put him in prison for up to 3 years, and they would have praised the guy on the knees for remaining calm not escalating the situation. In Denmark the girlfriend would not even be considered a factor in this case.

Im glad I dont live in Denmark

• Like 1

It would be a real shame if people starting emailing the clip with information about the manager there, 37 year old Mr. Patchara Utsaha, to all email addresses and associates of the business.

Wouldn't it.

I'm sure the Russian is well aware this is Thailand unless he thought he was still in Vladivostok.

"This is Thailand"

"I know, Im well aware what country I'm in but thanks for reminding me"

It's just a mindless thing to say and he isn't the only one.

Edited by hansgruber

That video clip looks like it was all set up. Who just happens to have a camera at the ready perfectly aimed at the door. Possible that he expected this and wanted the video evidence.

Yes, and the Russian's reactions were weird - totally accepting of what the Thai was telling him to do, although the gun was a bit of an incentive to comply.

And when the trigger was pulled with the gun against his forehead, there was no reaction at all - no "Thank God that didn't go off!"

All very unreal.

The trigger was not pulled. It was the safety mechanism kicking in. That means the gun was real. Many semi auto guns have this feature. When it is pressed up against something it locks the gun from firing. That's all it sounded like.

So many gun experts on this forum. rolleyes.gif

And you think the Russian knew the difference between the sound of an empty gun with the trigger pulled and a "safety mechanism kicking in"?

No reaction = he knew what was going to happen. Maybe the Thai wife told him that her 'husband' had a replica gun and was "gunning for him". Or "toying with him".

Well I did watch the video several times and I saw his finger was off the trigger when he pushed it against his head. I used to have a glock 10mm and it had this feature. The 9mm we had in the army also had this. So it must come standard on semi autos. Plus I studied criminal law and had some forensics case studies in there. I forgot why it's a safety feature and I'm too lazy to google it haha. So I'm not an expert but I have some experience.

I am not saying it was fake or not, but I do think the Russian's lack of reaction seems unnatural.

One could say he totally froze up of course and that his reactions were in line with this behavior. On the other hand, he does not even flinch, when the guy was slapping him. Even if one was being submissive and scared to death, one might cower at such blows, or one turn the head away slightly when being struck. or maybe raise your hands to protect your face, when someone is swinging at you. It is human instinct to flinch at least a little bit. And when I say raise the hands, I mean in a defensive manner to protect the face. Who knows, the guy could have hit him with the pistol or fist and really knocked him out. One would think it would be normal to flinch or turn one's head away or raise one's hands. That is human instinct to do so.

So, yes, one could say he froze up, but I found it odd that he did not flinch at all. That took a lot of conscious thought in my mind, for him to override natural human instinct to flinch.

Also, he did not even speak. When being asked ok, ok? Wonder why he did not nod in agreement, or say ok, to help defuse the situation a bit. I would say staying silent made the guy get more angry.

If one were not going to get angry or fight back, then I think the other natural response would be to acquiesce, say ok or nod in agreement, maybe even say I did not know, or I am sorry, or it wont happen again, or some words to try and defuse or de-escalate the anger. I guess again, one could use the froze up explanation and say he could not move and could not speak a word. But, again, it did not appear to me to be the most natural behavior in that situation. And took more conscious thought and decision to not speak, rather than to nod or say ok.

Not saying it was fake or real, just stating an observation that some behavior seemed unnatural and took more conscious thought and decision to not talk and not flinch and override more basic human instinct to at least flinch. However, there are always exceptions to nature and not everyone's behavior follows the norm.

I suppose the Russian was neither submissive nor scared to death. He reacted that very way (not moving, not speaking, not giving any reaction so desperately desired by the assaulter) because he was up to the confrontation and fully aware of what he was doing and why. He actually has won the confrontation without even resorting to a tiniest bit violence. Gracefully.

I'm sure the Russian is well aware this is Thailand unless he thought he was still in Vladivostok.

"This is Thailand"

"I know, Im well aware what country I'm in but thanks for reminding me"

It's just a mindless thing to say and he isn't the only one.

It's idiot-speak for "this is my country".

For once i gotta agree with you.

Drives me nuts how guys become protective of their girlfriends when they hit up other guys. Just slap the hoe and dump her. How is it the guy's fault? As long as the woman gives signs that she wants to be seduced(even if married) it becomes fair play.

bingo