Penang Multiple Non Imm O based on Marriage

Most Consulates will issue a multi entry non immigrant O visa if you have proof of 400k in Thai bank account and marriage certificate/copy and spouse ID card and home register copies. Savannakhet is most popular as they will issue even without the financial test. This allows a new 90 day stay for each entry so would work well for your frequent travel with no need for re-entry permits or contact with immigration for anything but entry/exit.

Most Consulates will issue a multi entry non immigrant O visa if you have proof of 400k in Thai bank account and marriage certificate/copy and spouse ID card and home register copies. Savannakhet is most popular as they will issue even without the financial test. This allows a new 90 day stay for each entry so would work well for your frequent travel with no need for re-entry permits or contact with immigration for anything but entry/exit.

Lopburi, thank you very much for the information. When you say "most" consulates I guess there are some places where this is not possible? If a multi-entry non-o visa is granted will it be valid for one year?

You say that I will have no need for contacting the immigration "for anything but entry/exit". Could you please clarify - do you mean the passport being stamped when leaving/arriving Swampy?

I have received both multiple entry Non o and single entry and had extensions. Personally I prefer the Multiple entry. I don't think that immigration process is easy. I find it to be a pain. Yes, I do think that the photos are invasive of one's privacy. Do you think it is natural to show pictures of you and your wife hugging, or pictures of you sitting on your bed. I do not. I also think that when they interviewed my neighbors I felt very bad that I had to ask this of them. I like my neighbors a lot and don't think that they should have to spend their day being interviewed by immigration just for me.

Penang has usually required proof of money the 400k to get the visa, whereas KL only wants proof of 150k baht. In the US I didn't have to show proof of any money. South Korea refused to give a multi entry visa period.

Dealing with immigration in CM takes a full day and sometimes things go wrong. One year I was refused to get the 1 year extension because "you are too young for the 400k, you need to have a work permit" I tried to remain calm and ask where it says that but was told to come back. One year when you could have be based on joint income, I was told that since my job just started they couldn't actually count my income until I had paid into the tax office and had a tax id.

Personally, I have had nothing but trouble with visa extensions and prefer multiple entry. I have even been told by a few of the staff at the office to get a work visa instead as it is easier to process.

Multi entry is always valid for one year from date of issue and last entry can be made up to expiration date so for some serves up to 15 months of stay (you will be shorter with your work schedule). Yes I mean the only contact you will have with immigration is at airport or land border crossing. KL official bank requirement is 100k - as stated above it can vary greatly - while most all will issue single entry some will not multi entry - easy place is always an honorary consulate in home country but just ask here and likely someone can provide current information on place you intend to try.

Hi everyone, sorry to hijack the thread a little, but I have a question about Non immigration O (Marriage) visas

I'm married to a Thai lady and we have a 3 month old daughter. Currently, I'm working in China, which is a cesspool of villainy and scum.

So, naturally, I want to return to Thailand and live relatively long-term, work permitting.

We did some reading last night about the non immigration o visa (marriage) but we get stuck at the part which requests proof of 400k in a thai bank account. We have about half that thanks to some big medical bills a few years ago back in Oz.

Reading through this thread, I saw somebody mention that the financial proof isn't necessary. Is that true?

We have everything else. Loads of photos, a daughter, car loan etc etc..

Any advice greatly appreciated - and mods, please delete this post if it's in the wrong place. I just thought I would jump in here because it's an active topic and is related to my question.

You dont need financial proof at Savannakhet Laos embassy. Thats the only one I know of that doesnt need financial proof. I just got my first Non-O a couple days ago.

I have received both multiple entry Non o and single entry and had extensions. Personally I prefer the Multiple entry. I don't think that immigration process is easy. I find it to be a pain. Yes, I do think that the photos are invasive of one's privacy. Do you think it is natural to show pictures of you and your wife hugging, or pictures of you sitting on your bed. I do not. I also think that when they interviewed my neighbors I felt very bad that I had to ask this of them. I like my neighbors a lot and don't think that they should have to spend their day being interviewed by immigration just for me.

Penang has usually required proof of money the 400k to get the visa, whereas KL only wants proof of 150k baht. In the US I didn't have to show proof of any money. South Korea refused to give a multi entry visa period.

Dealing with immigration in CM takes a full day and sometimes things go wrong. One year I was refused to get the 1 year extension because "you are too young for the 400k, you need to have a work permit" I tried to remain calm and ask where it says that but was told to come back. One year when you could have be based on joint income, I was told that since my job just started they couldn't actually count my income until I had paid into the tax office and had a tax id.

Personally, I have had nothing but trouble with visa extensions and prefer multiple entry. I have even been told by a few of the staff at the office to get a work visa instead as it is easier to process.

Photos of you and wife hugging is not one of the photo requirements. The same goes for sitting on the bed together.

These days most immigration offices will call you before they make the home visit to set the time/date. I also do not think that that they want to talk to your neighbors any more. Some offices now only want you to bring a couple of friends/neighbors along to make a statement that you are living together as husband and wife.

Also the visit is only needed for the first application.

I think things have changed since you were getting your extensions since you mention being able to show both incomes which went away almost 5 years ago.

I have responded to posts in this and other topics complaining about getting an extension being difficult because people reading exaggerated or outdated info might choose to get a visa instead of an extension based upon misleading information.

All I can say is that I have not had any problem with getting 5 extensions in a row.

The only photos I have ever shown are outside the house. One with the family and I standing under the house number and another from the street.

We also have never had a home visit. For the first extension Immigration gave us a letter written to the local police chief requesting he confirm that we were living together. We ended up with 3 letters one from the chief and 2 other cops that knew us.

• 1 month later...

I have had many Non Imm 'O' visas from embassy's based on Thai wife, firstly I made them at the immigration office at the old Suan Plu place. That was fine but they use to expect you to report for the result a month later which was inconvenient for me as I work around the place and reporting at that exact date was not always doable. Then I started doing the visa runs to all the usual places, I think I had the 90 day single entry in Penang the first time, even though my mate was there one day before and gained the multi 1 year, which obviously was annoying. So I went back to Penang a month later and they give me the full 1 yr multi deal I didn't realize they extended at thai imm.

My situation now is after many visa runs around asia my visa has expired due to a switch to a business visa for one year.

What is my best approach now for the non O visa? My passport is full of previous visas, do I need to start from a 90 day single first or can I obtain a multi entry somewhere? The guy I mentioned before who they issued multi entry always gets the multi entry from Penang even when is visa has expired like mine now.

Are you asking about going back to extensions? For that you do have to have a non immigrant entry but if more than 15 day on current stay can do at immigration now. You would have to show financials.

Sent from my i-mobile i-note WIFI3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To have someone hold 400k in the bank for 3 months can be offputting. But to each their own.

It seems to be hit/miss with the first extension in terms of difficulty in obtaining the first extension; more often miss. You have to have a TON of patience to see it all the way through properly, with no bribes. It is quite surprising how some foreigners are treated when they go for the extension: sudden extra paperwork or copies need.

My heart goes out to all who have the courage to do extensions.

"...the 2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app (Galaxy Note 2).

But those refused extension are few and far between - if you qualify you will have the extension and with very few exceptions there will not be any hints for extra money to speed things up. There is a normal review of 30 days (which previously often took much longer) but you are here during that period.

Actually there are many that are not aware of extensions for marriage - and there are those that a visa fits (off-shore workers and such - and those wanting time away every few months). But for most the extension of stay is the better choice.

Best choice for people who like to tell their life to immigration and show photos of their house or even their bedroom it seems ?

Does this extension on non-o require this ?

So I would prefer to travel every 3 months than telling my life that is not their business to these people.

If I wanted to set up a reality TV show about my life in Thailand I would do it for money, not for free :-)

So I understand that some prefer to leave even when they have other solutions.

+1

Me too. Some of the swots on here may get their thrills dealing with frequently surly/officious/incompetent officials, but I for one do not.