Thaksin Resigns

Ajarn

Thaksin Shinawatra today resigned as Prime Minister. Accompanied by Khunying Sudarat and Newin Chichob, Thaksin signed the papers removing himself from office. The elections, scheduled for April 2 have been cancelled, and will be rescheduled to a later date, with full participation of all parties.

Thaksin, in a somber mood, said that it was time for him to go and that he had no regrets. He also complimented Chamlong Srimuang and the PAD on having fought against him without using any violence, and said that all demonstrations have been cancelled.

Chamlong, enjoying his win against Thaksin said that he would definitely run in the next elections as head of the Palang Darhma party, and hopes to be elected as the new Prime Minister.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 31 March 2006

You're right. April Fools!! :o

~

Ajarn, you probably have not noticed that you are a turd..

And just exactly where WERE you for our weekend get-together at our Secret Garden (credits to Nancy Friday) in CM last weekend?

Suffice it to say that you were missed...

While I am a guest in this country I will decide when I go home or to some where else.

To decide if I should stay or leave, I check on the politics, make up my mind about the politicians. Otherwise, how can I make a decision if it is safe to stay or better to go?

Once I go, I will close down my company, fire all staff and stop paying taxes, of course.

You also probably notied that you are a guest in this country. Thank you.

Leave the politics to the politicians, if you want something else, go home!!!

What, are you mad because you got fooled?

Get over it...

You also probably notied that you are a guest in this country. Thank you.

Leave the politics to the politicians, if you want something else, go home!!!

What a strange attitude to adopt bigeater. Some "guests" here run busineses, employ Thai staff and pay taxes, pray tell me why they should not be interested in Thai politics, as it has a direct affect on the successful operation of their business.

Out of your twenty seven total posts, twenty five have been about food, and most of those extolling the virtues of the Dukes restaurant. I would suggest that you stick to posting on topics that are closer to your stomach, and leave posting on subjects that are clearly beyond your scope of reasoning, to people far more qualified.

Perhaps the answer lies in the fact that you use "56" in your nickname, which was the year of the revolution in your country of birth, and you have had your fill of politics. I can fully understand this, but please don't tell the rest of us not to discuss politics!

I have to say one thing in your favour however, you would seem to have a perverted sense of wit. Coming from Hungary and a nickname of bigeater...... :o