BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Police: online clip of attack on Russian tarnishes Phuket's image

wonder if there is market for shirt that say " been to phuket and all i got is a headache , STD . empty wallet , and a rash "

• Like 2

Is 'causing a Thai national to lose face' a criminal charge now?

Causing Thai nationals to lose face is a criminal charge. It's called "damaging the image of Thailand." just as the police stated in the article.

When you here police making comments like these, it's a good reminder of protections we live under in most western countries when compared to many developing counties.

Is pointing a fake piece at someone against the law here?

Yes, if your intent is to make the person you are pointing it at think it is real. Same as in most countries.

Not sure I agree, I know of one case where the police would not follow up on a case of threatening behaviour with a sword as it was only a threat, only if there had been an attack and harm would a crime have been committed...

Causing Thai nationals to lose face is a criminal charge. It's called "damaging the image of Thailand." just as the police stated in the article.

No, it's not a criminal offense, where did you get that idea from?

I would love to see the meeting of ambassadors discuss the police chief's ridiculous stance on this - negating assault with a deadly weapon (even if it was a fake as the victim didn't know this)

No, it's not a criminal offense, where did you get that idea from?

I would love to see the meeting of ambassadors discuss the police chief's ridiculous stance on this - negating assault with a deadly weapon (even if it was a fake as the victim didn't know this)

I think Nomad Joe was being facetious, pointing out the hyprocricy of the police statements...

• Like 1

This kind of thing happens all the time... Phuket sadly is run by thugs like this one... Wake up...

• Like 1

If you (knowingly) mess with a married woman you deserve to get hurt in my opinion.

I believe that's also the opinion of the police, so why would they take action against a Thai man if was really the victim in the broader story.

People step out of line and get slapped every day, it's only that fact that this is on video that makes it different.

I forgot to say there are a lot of people on Phuket that are very nice and honest and don't want this kind of thing happening Anywhere

• Like 1