Police: online clip of attack on Russian tarnishes Phuket's image

webfact

If you (knowingly) mess with a married woman you deserve to get hurt in my opinion.

I believe that's also the opinion of the police, so why would they take action against a Thai man if was really the victim in the broader story.

People step out of line and get slapped every day, it's only that fact that this is on video that makes it different.

If you read the first post she never told the Russian she was married, maybe the woman wanted to get her husband jealous for some reason.

Not to mention that this was more than a slap in the face, a gun (replica or not) was involved which escalates the seriousness of it considerably.

• Like 1

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you (knowingly) mess with a married woman you deserve to get hurt in my opinion.

I believe that's also the opinion of the police, so why would they take action against a Thai man if was really the victim in the broader story.

People step out of line and get slapped every day, it's only that fact that this is on video that makes it different.

The woman told the Russian man that she was single and living with her BROTHER, numb scull

If after dating a girl for the best part of a month, the Russian didn't know she had a husband/boyfriend. Then he must be a numb skull or a liar.

Anyone believing that he didn't know, is definitely a numb skull

Please tell me you all realise that video is totally staged? There is no way that is real.

For one, look at the perfect lighting, framing and quality of the shot. Just an accident he had a HD quality video and sound system with flood lighting set up facing his door?

For two, look at the so called victim's complete lack of surprise or reaction; people threatened with guns and slapped about the head tend to shake, plead, protest, put their hands up, and all sorts of other natural fight or flight reactions.

And for three listen to the sound effects of the slap! Hahaha, that's someone clapping their hands next to a microphone, not someone being slapped in the face recorded by a microphone 2 metres away.

C'mon, The whole thing is a hoax.

Edited by badmedicine

Please tell me you all realise that video is totally staged? There is no way that is real.

For one, look at the perfect lighting, framing and quality of the shot. Just an accident he had a HD quality video and sound system with flood lighting set up facing his door?

For two, look at the so called victim's complete lack of surprise or reaction; people threatened with guns and slapped about the head tend to shake, plead, protest, put their hands up, and all sorts of other natural fight or flight reactions.

And for three listen to the sound effects of the slap! Hahaha, that's someone clapping their hands next to a microphone, not someone being slapped in the face recorded by a microphone 2 metres away.

So I take it your belief is that this sort of thing never happens in Thailand? Oh dear - keep watching the shadows on he wall then!

Yes been on a few Aussie news programs and they are again highlighting the dangers for tourists and expats in Thailand.

You mean dangers for tourists on Planet Phuket, not Thailand. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

video has been removed by the user. Still there's a downloaded version at http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/06/21/16/33/video-shows-thai-man-assaulting-pointing-gun-at-russian-expat and probably many others.

BTW, the lightning seem to come from the window and not as someone claimed that it was set-up.

The tone doesn't always go with the picture. depending what kind of extension you're using to up-load on YT.

Edited by wealth

He'll be lucky if the Thai judicial system gives him a 100 lashes with a feather duster!!...After all didn't we just witness only a few weeks back the two Australian Bandito motorcycle gang members released from Thai prison after only two months for 'accidently shooting' two innocent German bystanders outside the Family mart shop?I can hardly wait for the court case to see what 'punishment' they hand out for this one...you couldn't even dream up what's going on here in Phuket at the moment with just about everyone in authority with their snouts in the trough somewhere along the gravytrain line!!!

Let's see him try doing that without the gun in his hand, jumped up little fecker.

If the Thai was built like Mike Tyson, the Russian wouldn't have went anywhere near his wife. The Thai was just equalising the size difference. Fair play to him I say.

Why don't the police just simply say, the Thai has been arrested for wrongdoing against a foreigner and has been charged with X Y & Z and will appear in court on whatever date. We have gathered and presented the evidence and it is now the responsibility of the court to ascertain culpability and decide what action to take.

We are pleased to show that justice has been served by this police force to the best of our ability and will treat foreigners ad Thais alike if they break the law. The law is the law and everyone will be treated equally under my watch as top policeman in Phuket.

People who break the law damage this lovely island and will cause damage to our tourist industry so I would like to ask anyone who has a video showing a wrongdoing being carried out, please send it to me at my email.com and I will personally update on progress, you can even remain anonymous if you wish and use an anonymous email. Hopefully when you see justice has been done then you will not feel the need to post publicly.

Thank you for your co-operation. Together we can beat crime on Phuket.

Guess it's easier to try to blame the person exposing a crime.

Which damages Thailand more?

Edited by timewilltell

Seeing as how this story is already reaching into every possible angle, how about this one..just a theory

Due to the ongoing ''harrassment'' of Russians trying to get into Thai only business dealings, whether legal or not,here, it has been suggested that the two guys involved in this ''production'' were paid actors indeed and that it was made and uploaded by a certain editor of a local newspaper and downloaded to you tube as some sort of attempt to show Phuket in bad light.[not that it needs much more to do that anyway]

IMO, If so was a rather amateurish attempt at best..but is possible...coffee1.gif

I am thinking that the Thai man was set up and manipulated into this situation by the Russians, as a stooge.

Firstly, it appears that the Russian was expecting this guy because he had his video already primed in the right position and running. And the Russian appeared to be almost waiting near the door as if he was expecting the Thai man.

Plus what normal person would open a door without first inquiring who it is and so quickly without hesitation?

Also the Russian was too cool, calm and collected. He just knelled there and let the Thai man do his stuff. Even after the incident he just got up and calmly walked away.

Looks like an elaborate set up to me, for reasons yet we do not know.

facepalm.jpg

hansgruber..whats the dismay?

do you think that this is really not a possibilty ? curious thats all..

wonder if there is market for shirt that say " been to phuket and all i got is a headache , STD . empty wallet , and a rash "

I think TV should put the photo of the man an victim on a T shirt saying "welcome to Thailand"

Shame on Thailand ONCE AGAIN, ha, but they will NEVER learn even if the tourists don't come.

The woman told the Russian man that she was single and living with her BROTHER, numb scull

Much like so many numbskull Euros/Americos before him. But the Russians are way smarter. They play chess, for fun!

The Thais are very embarrassed by this. But think. Who they going to complain to? The 'police'?

Still a fake.

What is still a fake?

In the thai news it said it is a hoax but I dont know

And we all know the Thai news has absolutely NO restrictions on what it can and can't say.

Why don't the police just simply say, the Thai has been arrested for wrongdoing against a foreigner and has been charged with X Y & Z and will appear in court on whatever date. We have gathered and presented the evidence and it is now the responsibility of the court to ascertain culpability and decide what action to take.

We are pleased to show that justice has been served by this police force to the best of our ability and will treat foreigners ad Thais alike if they break the law. The law is the law and everyone will be treated equally under my watch as top policeman in Phuket.

People who break the law damage this lovely island and will cause damage to our tourist industry so I would like to ask anyone who has a video showing a wrongdoing being carried out, please send it to me at my email.com and I will personally update on progress, you can even remain anonymous if you wish and use an anonymous email. Hopefully when you see justice has been done then you will not feel the need to post publicly.

Thank you for your co-operation. Together we can beat crime on Phuket.

Guess it's easier to try to blame the person exposing a crime.

Which damages Thailand more?

From the Australian Media

The unnamed Thai man has been arrested and charged with home invasion, assault, causing fear and panic and holding someone against their will

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/06/21/16/33/video-shows-thai-man-assaulting-pointing-gun-at-russian-expat

• Like 1

Let's see him try doing that without the gun in his hand, jumped up little fecker.

If the Thai was built like Mike Tyson, the Russian wouldn't have went anywhere near his wife. The Thai was just equalising the size difference. Fair play to him I say.

Shame we don't have an "idiot" button isn't it!

Interfere with a mans family, expect what you get and you deserve what you get.

I am thinking that the Thai man was set up and manipulated into this situation by the Russians, as a stooge.

Christ on a cracker you're thick.blink.png

Edited by jpeg

Imac or macbook no problem, sound and HD, light looks like its coming from a window and also fluro, if you have ever given a slap or received one, thats what it sounds like,this guy wanted to really screw this Thai guy, for what ever the reason maybe and the all the Thai guy had to do, was be himself!

Shame we don't have an "idiot" button isn't it!

I agree.

Just another farang Thai apologist trying to prove he's more in touch with his "Thainess" than other posters.

• Like 1