Final Countdown - 3 Weeks To Go

bergen

Hello Everyone

3 weeks from 2day and another memorable event takes place.

As earlier mentioned, the follow up from Ubon BBQ will be on April 22.

The gathering takes place at Suan Loong Daeng Farm Stay, approx. 100km south of Ubon City, and 160 km south east of Surin.

Any foreigner with Thai relations are welcome to join. For those interested, pm me for more details. So far we are about 25 confirmed farangs, 12 are new since last time. I have another 10 non confirmed, and I miss some of the attendees from Ubon BBQ.

I still have free rooms, because most of the newbees are locals from my area.

Please make some effort - gather more people - make more connections.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and warm greetings to Marco who started it all, but sadly cannot be with us at this gathering.

:o

You can confirm myself and the wife Bergen for the night - you might want to look at this again and change the 'South East' of Surin to Northeast though! :o Don't want to frighten the newbies!

''100km south of Ubon City, and 160 km south east of Surin. ''

Thaibites

You and misses are confirmed!

I can't change the map though - Suan Loong Daeng is south and east of Surin (city) :o

cheers

Trond,

I may have a couple of guys from Khemarat coming but nothing confirmed yet. They are 1 Norwegian and 1 Austrian as well as my good self.

Will let you know when they confirm with me.

Carl

The number of confirmed farangs is rising! - 23 by now, and the number of non confirmed attendees are also rising :o

Sezzo - hope you can convince your friends to join!

Lampard - Hope to see you!!! - any others from Surin?

We will start the gathering at 14.00, but you are all welcome to come earlier.

We will do a european style barbeque, to ease work for the kitchen. In addition thai food and western food from our menu will be available. We will have lots of Singha, Chang, and Leo, - any other beer request - let me know. Wine and other beverages are also on the drinklist.

Trond :D

• 2 weeks later...
The number of confirmed farangs is rising! - 23 by now, and the number of non confirmed attendees are also rising :o

Sezzo - hope you can convince your friends to join!

Lampard - Hope to see you!!! - any others from Surin?

We will start the gathering at 14.00, but you are all welcome to come earlier.

We will do a european style barbeque, to ease work for the kitchen. In addition thai food and western food from our menu will be available. We will have lots of Singha, Chang, and Leo, - any other beer request - let me know. Wine and other beverages are also on the drinklist.

Trond :D

Hi Bergen,my wife and I will be joining you on the 22nd.We are coming from Sisaket direction I know you are in the Khanteralak direction on the way to pra wihan,but thats about it.Will you be posting directions?? cheers Peter :D

Bergen

So getting Close,,,, so what is total participant's number's now??

Im in Capo San Lucas today,,,, have a look in FC pages, i put some pic there....

See you guys in June...

-Marco-

Hello Everyone

3 weeks from 2day and another memorable event takes place.

As earlier mentioned, the follow up from Ubon BBQ will be on April 22.

The gathering takes place at Suan Loong Daeng Farm Stay, approx. 100km south of Ubon City, and 160 km south east of Surin.

Any foreigner with Thai relations are welcome to join. For those interested, pm me for more details. So far we are about 25 confirmed farangs, 12 are new since last time. I have another 10 non confirmed, and I miss some of the attendees from Ubon BBQ.

I still have free rooms, because most of the newbees are locals from my area.

Please make some effort - gather more people - make more connections.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and warm greetings to Marco who started it all, but sadly cannot be with us at this gathering.

:o

Hello Guys

Here's a little update on Saturdays coming up event!

We are 26 confirmed Farangs.

Some have still not replied. We might be more than 30?

Many will come from 1400 hours/2pm. (some might even come Friday??) :o

Here are some road directions:

From Surin/Srisaket - Follow rd 221 through Kantharalak towards Khao Phra Wihan. (Kmer ruins)

Approx. 25 km after Kantharalak, turn left on rd 2248 to Nam Yun. (big signs)

Suan Loong Daeng Farm Stay will be on the right hand side after 17 km.

If any problems - call our restaurant 07 8720585.

From Ubon - take rd 24 through Warin Chamrap to Det Udom. Follow rd 2192 through Det Udom.

5 - 6 km after Det Udom, turn left and follow rd 2171 to Nam Yun. Follow rd 2248 through Nam Yun towards Khao Phra Wihan. Our place will be 13 km after Nam Yun on the left hand side. If any ploblems?? - call the above number.

I'm looking forward to seeeing you all!! :D

Trond

Marco - I've already seen your pics - very nice!! See U in June - Trond

Just one question................................

Will you be showing the F.A. Cup Semi-final Chelsea v Liverpool on Saturday night. It starts at 23.15

I realise that most of you are Scandinavians in attendance, but for the few Brits thast are going to be there( especially me) this is an important date in the football calender.

Lampard - UBC and F.A. Cup is available for those interested!

Sezzo will you bring the Norwegian and Austrian from Khemarat as well - or only you + one english from Ubon?

Sezzo will you bring the Norwegian and Austrian from Khemarat as well - or only you + one english from Ubon?

I can't imagine I'll be still awake by 23:15 but it would be good to watch the F1 qualifying between 19:00 and 20:00 if you are showing it.

I can't imagine I'll be still awake by 23:15 but it would be good to watch the F1 qualifying between 19:00 and 20:00 if you are showing it.

And there's a good film on Cinemax at 20.00, and then at 22.00 there's something I don't want to miss on Animal Planet. And of course if the piss-up starts at 3 theres the world Ice Hockey quailifying Mongolia v Paraguay at 4

Just kidding....see you'all Saturday.

Edited by lampard10

jayenram........................................................... :o

As mentioned bfore:...... There will be lot's of Singha, Chang, and Leo!!

In addition wine and other beverages will be available from the bar menu.

See U :D

jayenram........................................................... :o

As mentioned bfore:...... There will be lot's of Singha, Chang, and Leo!!

In addition wine and other beverages will be available from the bar menu.

See U :D

Don't worry Trond, he's paranoid........................he went on holiday to Bangkok and took three boxes of *Chang* just in case they didn't sell it there.

jayenram and phusingpete

Thanx for nice comments, and for contributing to making the gathering a memorable event!!

To all the others who was there: The same goes for you all: Thanks a lot!! :D

Here are some basic facts about the gathering:.

We were all together 21 farangs, 19 wifes/gfs, 15 kids, several thai friends, familymembers, neighbores,15 staff members, and 7 dogs.

All my rooms were booked(confirmed), and therefore I had to say no to several people who wanted to stay over and join the party. At the end - 4 rooms were not in use.

Next time I hope: If those confimed cannot make it, - please do as lampard, - let me know!

I am already looking forward to the next gathering., but from April 26. to May 25. -

I will have a 4 weeks holiday :o in Bergen/Norway!

See U all Later!! :D

Trond