A paint job for cars!

akampa

I would like to have my rear bumper resprayed ,I have been to a Toyota dealer and the quote was 4000 baht no dents but a few scratches I`m sure it is on the high side and I was hoping if anyone had any luck with a local spray shop around Hang Dong area.thumbsup.gif

Will try to explain a route to a really good body and paint man but unfortunately don't have his phone details.

Off 108, past Hang Dong Market and turn right at the top toward Ban Dong. Carry on past back entrance to 'Rungaroon 3' Moo Bahn, then Ban Dong Temple entrance on your left as you bear left into village. Take first right next to a corner shop on your left and you are now in a quite narrow soi. Proceed to the end and turn left into a further narrow soi and then on about 350 m. Next to end place on the right of this soi you will see what looks like a yard with a few vehicles in it. Give him a shout or he will be working in the yard. English no good so need your seat cover with you. I know many who have used him and they praise him to the skies. I pass every day on my bike and have seen a lot of his work which appears excellent to me. Don't know about price but would think reasonable from what i've been told.

I was a panel beater for 12 years before moving here and can say that Toyota do the best work by far here. Their workshops are immaculate. They use top grade 2 pack paints only and always use the oven for top coats.

4,000 baht seems about right for this quality of work.

You get what you pay for (mostly).

Edited by DaamNaam

• 7 months later...

Are there any recent updates to paint shops for some very minor body work (small dents) and touch up painting? I've been to a few shops and am getting quotes of 15K THB. The g/f went on her own and was getting similar quotes; so far nothing short of 13.5K THB. I may need to paint one side of the car. Surely there must be some cheaper places as I am selling the car and just want to make it look better.

Where is the Vietnamese shop or does anyone have any other ideas other than in Hang Dong? Also what is considered a "panel"? Is that one door, or one front fender, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I was a panel beater for 12 years before moving here and can say that Toyota do the best work by far here. Their workshops are immaculate. They use top grade 2 pack paints only and always use the oven for top coats.

4,000 baht seems about right for this quality of work.

You get what you pay for (mostly).

Strange as a toyota repair I saw happen, was farmed out to the independant repairer on hang dong rd (very good work). That was a couple of year old car still on toyota insurance. Wasnt done in house.

The place I mention also handles ford stuff and did a immaculate job on my wifes ford. Its on the hand dong rd, coming back into town, somewhere closer than cockpit and tesco..

Much better finish than some back street place I used a while back.

EDIT :: No idea on price, both jobs were fully insured and no cost to the person involved. Top quality work IMO tho and precise time estimate and no delays.

Edited by LivinLOS

• 2 weeks later...

The Vietnamese Garage off Chang Puek charges B3,000 /panel for body work and respray.

Done good work for me on a couple of occasions.

john

Soi 2 I think.

If anyone can pinpoint this paint shop, or other places of car parts/repair/service interest, please go ahead and add them to this shared map: http://tinyurl.com/carstuffcm

I have made it editable by anyone. Share the love... wub.png

To add a location, all you need to do is:

1. Click the red Edit button from the left sidebar

2. Click the blue marker symbol from top left of main map window

3. Click on the map where you want to drop the marker, then add in a title and description

While still in Edit mode, please take care not to move any existing markers. It's best if as soon as you are done editing you click Save and then Done, to leave edit mode - no accidental moving stuff!

• 5 years later...
On 6/23/2013 at 6:26 PM, trainman34014 said:

Will try to explain a route to a really good body and paint man but unfortunately don't have his phone details.

Off 108, past Hang Dong Market and turn right at the top toward Ban Dong. Carry on past back entrance to 'Rungaroon 3' Moo Bahn, then Ban Dong Temple entrance on your left as you bear left into village. Take first right next to a corner shop on your left and you are now in a quite narrow soi. Proceed to the end and turn left into a further narrow soi and then on about 350 m. Next to end place on the right of this soi you will see what looks like a yard with a few vehicles in it. Give him a shout or he will be working in the yard. English no good so need your seat cover with you. I know many who have used him and they praise him to the skies. I pass every day on my bike and have seen a lot of his work which appears excellent to me. Don't know about price but would think reasonable from what i've been told.

is this the place you are talking about? 

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Wat+Hang+Dong+(Wat+Ban+Dong),+44+108,+Hang+Dong,+Hang+Dong+District,+Chiang+Mai+50230/18.6975538,98.9159726/@18.6967479,98.9137644,663m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x30da36a8d09c17a5:0x87b8b8c8d94e37aa!2m2!1d98.915663!2d18.6961589!1m0!3e0

image.png.1570cfd93c9775fe7b037a6bc0de8bbd.png