Home made indian

greg71

Tonight cooked up a rogan josh with the help of rang mahals pre made sauces ,though i did make the dhal , the cabbage pea mix and the home made yoghurt and added chicken ,garbanzo beans and lime pickle .Presentation isnt the best though taste is above average.Even the misses loved it which is saying something .No more expensive indian restaurant food for me post-122150-0-75405000-1371992655_thumb.

Impressive! I love Indian curries and always make my own with the help of whatever sauce I can get my hands on and then "doctor" it to suit my taste with various spices. Trial and error but it now turns out OK to good. I have never heard of Rang Mahals pre made sauces, any information will be very much appreciated. Apparently Sharwoods have now stopped importing to Thailand for some reason but their pre made sauces were very good to use as a base and then additional spices could be added to suit ones taste.

Edited by Billmont
  • Like 1

This guy, GeoffP, on Jamie Oliver's forum has some great Indian curry recipes - http://www.jamieoliver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=191023#p191023 Made the Chicken Korma many times just substituted the water and creamed coconut with coconut milk widely available here. The widest selection of Indian spices, ghee, etc. in BKK I have found at Peng Lee store, Asoke market.

I get the rang mahal range in the frozen food section at Makro sri nakarin here in Bangkok .Range in price from 215 for 500 grams for the tikka masal to 250baht also 500 grams for the korma , 220 baht for the rogan josh .After reading of the prices for the buffet at the rembrant hotel which is also rang mahal id rather make my own ,and just maybe they themselves prepare it from these starter sauces .

I get the rang mahal range in the frozen food section at Makro sri nakarin here in Bangkok .Range in price from 215 for 500 grams for the tikka masal to 250baht also 500 grams for the korma , 220 baht for the rogan josh .After reading of the prices for the buffet at the rembrant hotel which is also rang mahal id rather make my own ,and just maybe they themselves prepare it from these starter sauces .

The widest selection of Indian spices, ghee, etc. in BKK I have found at Peng Lee store, Asoke market.

I have been to that store just recently. They even have methi leaves! Very good.

I have modified many Indian curries to my own taste over the years and now have "core" recipes which I use frequently. A few are on my site http://freebeerforyorky.com/recipes.html and many more on a sister site http://www.your-recipe.com/

Yorkie thx for the reference ,il be sure to check it out and will post some pics once i make some of your recipes ,.By the way i have some chilli seeds from Australia that now hold the world record for the hottest chilli .If they do indeed grow ill be sure the send you a sample .Again cheers

Edited by greg71