Where to buy a ventriloquist doll or animal puppet in Thailand/order online

Hi Guys

I have my own private teaching school and I would like to purchase a ventriloquist doll or even better a monkey puppet to educate and entertain my younger students. I can see that there is quite a large choice of ventriloquist dolls on Amazon but I am unsure whether they charge prohibitive prices to send them to Thailand. Ideally, I would like to find a monkey puppet with a movable mouth that works with string or I would have to put my hand inside.

Does anyone know anywhere in Thailand or SE Asia that I can purchase one of these items or maybe a place online that will deliver them to Thailand

Many thanks for your replies

JAF

Thanks Scott for removing the troll posts. When I normally post in the other forums I often get interesting and informative replies but it seems in this particular forum I have had no noteworthy replies. Shame really as I thought this might be an interesting tool for teaching younger students.

JAF

The usual members that frequent this forum are actually quite helpful. I am sure they would help you if they knew. Personally, I don't have a clue. I did ask a couple of teachers and someone suggested Googling Magic Shops and Bangkok. I don't know if they would have them, but it might be a starting place.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If you order from Amazon they will tell you the shipping charges ahead of time, so your only surprise would be the duty. Mark it educational and perhaps there will be none. I've ordered some books and a replacement laptop screen from Amazon and didn't have to pay duty on either one.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My advice is to buy a moderately sized cuddly toy... (moneys are very popular here and easy to find in all sizes).. Take it to one of many sewing machine clothes repairers on the street.. you see them all the time sat at their sewing machines, and have it converted to a glove puppet for a couple of hundred baht ... maximum. These guys are very talented, its not a complex job..... voiala.... monkey puppet.

Edited by klubex99

I have a fairly large ventriloquist doll. It is a policeman. I used it for years to teach little kids about drugs, etc. As a ventriloquist, I am pretty horrible, however.

Not a monkey, though. Been in a box for 10 odd years. I can send pics if you are interested in it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a fairly large ventriloquist doll. It is a policeman. I used it for years to teach little kids about drugs, etc. As a ventriloquist, I am pretty horrible, however.

Not a monkey, though. Been in a box for 10 odd years. I can send pics if you are interested in it.

Hi If you still have the vent doll I'd be very interested