Best place in Bangkok to buy cheap DSLR accessories

I was told that MBK is the place to find cheap DSLR and photography stuff from various brands.

For instance, I'm looking for a Kenko extension tube set (WAY cheaper than buying Canon's original).

post-130451-0-33792400-1372219200_thumb.

Am I likely to find this kind of accessory (could be other brand) on MBK? If not, where?

Thanks!

My personal experience is that photo accessories are hard to source in Thailand. I can find what I want easily and cheaply on eBay, usually from a reputable seller in Hong Kong and these smaller items never get stopped for duty when imported. I have brought in Kenko extension tubes, no duty; they just don't bother with smaller parcels.

Larger items (cameras, lenses) may attract duty, but duty on photo gear is quite low (5%?).

• Like 1

My personal experience is that photo accessories are hard to source in Thailand. I can find what I want easily and cheaply on eBay, usually from a reputable seller in Hong Kong and these smaller items never get stopped for duty when imported. I have brought in Kenko extension tubes, no duty; they just don't bother with smaller parcels.

Larger items (cameras, lenses) may attract duty, but duty on photo gear is quite low (5%?).

I might buy from ebay if I fail to find these on MBK.

However, on a quick search for the term "kenko extension tube" showed a guy from HK selling these for under $30, which would be extremely cheap (original price around $130). Are these the ones you bought? If yes, is the quality good?

Outcome: I only had time to go to MBK, and there they had only the Kooka extension kit for 2200B - http://kooka-optics.com/products/show-363.html

I also found the original Canon EF25 II, however it was 6500B for a single extension ring. Absolutely out of question, almost enough to buy a macro lens.

Nobody had the Kenko.

So I decided for this Kooka, really cheap compared to what I was expecting to pay for the Kenko. The problem was that most of the time the Kooka mounts were REALLY stiff, requiring a lot of force to attach or detach a ring from the camera body. So I found a shop that had a lot of those, and the guy opened like 4 or 5 boxes so we were able to gather 3 rings that had good fits and assemble a nice kit.

In other words, I don't recommend this mount to anybody, except if you can do it like I did, trying each ring until you find 3 good ones.