BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Forethat

Everyone's a Hacker.

Do you take offense being called a "hacker"?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ever noticed how certain people get offended when you use the term "hackers" in a situation where they can refer to themselves? What is it that makes this term so inflammatory with certain individuals?

Edited by Forethat

It's offensive to people who get easily offended, i.e. 90%

LOL

I have a friend who never practices or warms up. He'll rather sit at the range and watch me hit balls instead of getting a tray of balls and loosening up a bit. He'll then go and shoot over a hundred and get in a foul mood, saying he's giving up the game for good this time.

This is what I would qualify as a hacker.

But the question is why anyone would be offended by a term that in their minds describe someone who cant hit a golf ball when they in fact cant hit a golf ball. The term is used all over the world and I have NEVER met a person who doesn't think of himself as a hacker.

And then there's the occasional individual on TV that'll blow up like a grenade if you as much as THINK of the term. It's seriously interesting this.

I ask again: why is it that certain people react so strongly about being called a hacker when the word isn't even used in derogatory manner anywhere in the world?

Because fat foreigners digging grass in Thailand have lower self esteem than fatties in their natural environment, clearly.

But the question is why anyone would be offended by a term that in their minds describe someone who cant hit a golf ball when they in fact cant hit a golf ball. The term is used all over the world and I have NEVER met a person who doesn't think of himself as a hacker.

And then there's the occasional individual on TV that'll blow up like a grenade if you as much as THINK of the term. It's seriously interesting this.

I ask again: why is it that certain people react so strongly about being called a hacker when the word isn't even used in derogatory manner anywhere in the world?

Is boredom a problem for you?

If you feel that this is a question you'd want to debate I suggest you start a topic for this. In THIS topic we discuss whether or not golf players are offended when they are called "hackers".

If you dont have any intentions participating in this debate I suggest you simply refrain from reading or posting.

I am sure you are able to respect this.

Thank You.

If you feel that this is a question you'd want to debate I suggest you start a topic for this. In THIS topic we discuss whether or not golf players are offended when they are called "hackers".

If you dont have any intentions participating in this debate I suggest you simply refrain from reading or posting.

I am sure you are able to respect this.

Thank You.

The word hacker is offensive to some just like other words are also offensive!! The question here should be, why would someone continually use a word they know to be offensive to some?

• Like 1

I'm certainly not offended by the term. My biggest issue on any course is loft.

What do you mean loft?

What do you mean loft?

I was hoping someone would ask.

Lack Of F*ckng Talent.

Apologies

• Like 1

What do you mean loft?
I was hoping someone would ask.

Lack Of F*ckng Talent.

Apologies

You got your wish!!

No one should be offended by the use of a single word but the fact is they are, the op is the only person on this forum to continually use the word hacker, he does this knowing full well that some people take exception to it, I am not one of them!! Before people can honestly reply to the op's question he needs to answer a more important question, there have been posters on here that have expressed there dislike of this word for whatever reason, so why does the op continually use the term hacker, so again the question is, why does the op continually use the term hacker?

• Like 1

My socks have "Hacker" emblazoned on the side!

And here is my shirt:

post-51-0-82715900-1372333084_thumb.jpg

So far, not one single poster has indicated that they are offended by the term "hacker".

I'm not surprised. Most golfers have self-distance enough to manage this...

Almost every single one.