Louis Vuitton-toting Thai monk thinks he'll just stay put in France for a while

webfact

may be i have missed the point ... but just is this so called monk doing in france .... may be someone can tell me .... or is he there scaming more money from ...hard working honest ppl .... thailand should be ashamed of its self ... bring him back here to answer for his actions .....

ohhh i for got he's a monk .... yet just one more thai untouch able ..... ..

just bashing monks now , have you seen the Catholic priests and their lifestyle . they leave the monks for dead and lets not get into how many of them molest young children... when they get caught the church hides them and not many get punished by law , because the church give under counter payouts ...how do i know , because i was one of those children

• Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so wrong Monks do not own or possess material things he is a fraud and on his return should be out up in the Bangkok Hilton for his injustices

so he goes to jail for this , you have to be joking ... so lets get things right , you can murder someone and get away with it , but to be a monk and have material items is wrong and you think we should send them to bangkok hilton

Can't they just kick him out of monkhood? It seems he has broken enough rules. He must be connected to the mafia or something.

so now the mafia is involved> which mafia , please tell us , or something. maybe is he a drug runner and hides the drugs under his robes.

I hope the Thai version of the IRS checks him out. Monks should be ashamed to be seen with capitalist items or perusing for such items.

Let me see if I got your comment correct. "Monks should be ashamed" Ok what about the people who wear such capitalistic items and go to the lenghts of the earth in their pursuit of such capitalistic items. Then go and donate their capitalistic money to the temples so as to gain merit because deep down they first worship the capitlistic system/stuff and second the blessings of the Bhudda. i think this monk is just a mirroring the endless lost souls and having a great time doing it.

Wonder if he's interested in luxury cars too?

The last article about this fraudulent cheat advised that he was given a Rolls Royce, he should have that and his fortunes taken away and made an outcast to the Budhist society. Give his riches to the poor and needy

• Like 1

Bizarre as it seems, these Japanese monks are actually trying desperately to get the young interested in Buddhism and stop the temples from closing down. They don't follow the 227 precepts of Theravada Buddhism, so they can marry, etc. But I don't think these new ideas would work in Thailand.

So Japanese Buddhist monks garner support for Buddhism via rap music and bars.

I prefer the way Thai monks garner support for Buddhism: sexy dancing at temple fairs / monk ordination ceremonies. It's probably the only thing I support about Thai Buddhism.

This is so wrong Monks do not own or possess material things he is a fraud and on his return should be out up in the Bangkok Hilton for his injustices

so he goes to jail for this , you have to be joking ... so lets get things right , you can murder someone and get away with it , but to be a monk and have material items is wrong and you think we should send them to bangkok hilton

I think he'd be fine to be moved to the Bangkok Hilton, it would suit his tastes:

hi_hotelexterior13_1_675x359_FitToBoxSma

HL_kingdeluxe03_2_675x359_FitToBoxSmallD

Well, he didn't break any Thai laws, he just pissed off a lot of "conventional" buddhists, including my wife. She is so mad, she said she is "never ever giving any money to any temple anymore". If her attitude finds followers, I believe that the Thai monk community will be self-regulating the problem fairly quickly. After all, money makes the world go round and that's what it's all about.

Personally, I appreciate all the entertainment provided!

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Like 2

may be i have missed the point ... but just is this so called monk doing in france .... may be someone can tell me .... or is he there scaming more money from ...hard working honest ppl .... thailand should be ashamed of its self ... bring him back here to answer for his actions .....

ohhh i for got he's a monk .... yet just one more thai untouch able ..... ..

Bring him back? His actions?

How do you suggest they do that and under what grounds?

No grounds. Just someone here ridiculously trying to manipulate the situation into a bit of Thai bashing.

• Like 1

I originally defended him in earlier story, gave him benefit of the doubt, but now seems no doubt of what he is. Jeez! Does he have any connection with DMC channel? Those guys are as bad as any televangelist in USA, and that is saying something!

After some reflection I have finally found the truth:

This monk is a government set-up. He is supposed to divert the Thai peoples attention from the rice scandal! I think it's working.

Kudos to Yingluck (it was her brother's idea)

• Like 1

You mean like this one.

Bunch of sponging hypocrites.

A famous local monk arrived in the afternoon in his new Bt50 million Rolls Royce to provide amulets and words of assurance to the mostly poor villagers.

A clip from this story....http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/02/09/national/As-the-guns-roar-feelings-harden-among-border-evac-30148219.

htmlpost-18849-0-11354100-1372320588_thumb.j

Buddha said attachment is the source of suffering...presumably that includes all of us being attached to our various points of view about monks in being France and on private planes...lol

Maybe some of us don't believe what Buddha is supposed to have said or even that he said it at all as it was never written down at the time. But then most Thais seem to be more interested in going to temples and giving money to monks than anything else.

Did Buddha go to massive temples with statues of himself or did he manage without?

Edited by kimamey

doesnt he have a roller? donated by his "supporters".

Nah it's a pink bentley.thumbsup.gif

Sorry I forgot some Singaporean guy loaned it to someone elselaugh.png

Edited by paulmw

Buddha said attachment is the source of suffering...presumably that includes all of us being attached to our various points of view about monks in being France and on private planes...lol

Maybe some of us don't believe what Buddha is supposed to have said or even that he said it at all as it was never written down at the time. But then most Thais seem to be more interested in going to temples and giving money to monks than anything else.

Did Buddha go to massive temples with statues of himself or did he manage without?

that was a stupid remark! you figure he had a statue made while he was aive? read up on the buddha, will do you some good!

• Like 1

Thai monks, Buddha bless you, ..... with all the taxpayers' blood money, that has been pushed into your lazy behinds so that you can live a high so lifestyle....

Edited by MaxLee

And where does all this money come from that allows him to swan around the world living the high life, from the idiots who bow and scrap to him, throwing money and goods at him who think this will win them a better place in the after life or ensure their re-incarnation to an elevated position on their return. The poor (not money wise) misguided fools who don't have any idea what Buddhism is really about or choose to ignore it as it doesn't fit their desires with their me me me attitude.

The sooner the organisation controlling the monks / temples / Buddhism get their act together, get some teeth, and some direction and start sorting out all the corrupt scamming so-called monks the better. These so-called monks are really no better then the corrupt politicians, police, rice mill owners etc - but then this IS Thailand so mai pben rai, it doesn't matter so long as I'm ok.

I don't see why people think he's rich. I can buy the same exact bag and sunglasses for a discount at 600 baht at MBK. Leather too!

Who is he to turn down a humble bag?

At my father in laws funeral recently all the monks had smartphone.

The issue on this one is to break down the FACE brought by giving to temples. The system is broken.

Edited by Thai at Heart