Louis Vuitton-toting Thai monk thinks he'll just stay put in France for a while

webfact

Wonder if he's interested in luxury cars too?

The last article about this fraudulent cheat advised that he was given a Rolls Royce, he should have that and his fortunes taken away and made an outcast to the Budhist society. Give his riches to the poor and needy

And while your at it tell the pope to give away Rome's money and assets to the poor and needy as well...wink.png

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all religions are corrupt, when they threaten you with hell you know it is a scam, the old carrot and stick approach

true, all religions are MAN-made and therefore indeed corrupt. Opium of the people. again I recommend to read God is Not great.

• Like 1

Don't really know what the hue and cry is all about.

This is what Japanese monks do biggrin.png

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eRTlnAA8_E

Ha ha ha ... now this is just way too much.. I agree that Buddhism probably should upgrade to the 21st century, but rapping suttra's.. I think not.

Kind of reminds me of the Christian rock bands of several years ago.

Can see what the problem is the Roman Catholic church/Christianity has been scamming people of their money for 2000 years.

That comment makes no sense. Because "the Roman Catholic church/Christianity has been scamming people of their money for 2000 years", there should be no reason to object to this monk's choices?

all religions are corrupt, when they threaten you with hell you know it is a scam, the old carrot and stick approach

true, all religions are MAN-made and therefore indeed corrupt. Opium of the people. again I recommend to read God is Not great.

Christopher Hitchens would point out that you, as so many do, have misquoted (and misunderstood) Marx...

Follow the news , he runs a jag and gives luxary cars to his friends and yes his Jag was reassembled.

This is so wrong Monks do not own or possess material things he is a fraud and on his return should be out up in the Bangkok Hilton for his injustices

so he goes to jail for this , you have to be joking ... so lets get things right , you can murder someone and get away with it , but to be a monk and have material items is wrong and you think we should send them to bangkok hilton

I think he'd be fine to be moved to the Bangkok Hilton, it would suit his tastes:

hi_hotelexterior13_1_675x359_FitToBoxSma

HL_kingdeluxe03_2_675x359_FitToBoxSmallD

the Bangkok Chilton is also known as the thailand jail.

Maybe he could use this video..

BTW how do you get this to load where the video shows and is ready to play??

Never mind, it works, Thanks TV and FB. I must have done something good in a previous life..

Edited by jcnbkk

Umm...yeah....News flash...

He's not a monk.

He just happens to be a scam artist who dresses like a monk.

Nice work if you can get it.

The thing is that a sound argument can be made that the exact same description can be applied to many, many monks - possibly even a majority - who differ only in the degree of their scamming and/or the scale of their success. (Or their notoriety versus the ability to not cross a line that attracts the wrong kind of scrutiny.)

One of the most famous and influential monks in the country...well, I'll withhold comment I think...

He's not a monk.

Thought dressing like a monk when you are not a monk is against some law here. So you are saying he is like a well paid version of the guys who dress in monk robes and get money from tourists at 2 in the morning on Sukumvit??? :-)

He's not a monk.

Thought dressing like a monk when you are not a monk is against some law here. So you are saying he is like a well paid version of the guys who dress in monk robes and get money from tourists at 2 in the morning on Sukumvit??? :-)

No, more like a criminal who goes through the police academy just to become a corrupt cop. He is a scam artist with official cover.

Follow the news , he runs a jag and gives luxary cars to his friends and yes his Jag was reassembled.

Jaguar? Nah thats for the kinda-famous monks. He's in another league. Its Rolls or gtfo for him

post-63733-0-30072300-1372409685_thumb.j

Why would he do that? He's absolutely coining it at the moment. All he has to do is sit it out in France and wait for the dust to settle and he'll be back carrying on the same. The media and sheeple would have moved onto the next scandal by then.

Edited by Bung

Buddha said attachment is the source of suffering...presumably that includes all of us being attached to our various points of view about monks in being France and on private planes...lol

Maybe some of us don't believe what Buddha is supposed to have said or even that he said it at all as it was never written down at the time. But then most Thais seem to be more interested in going to temples and giving money to monks than anything else.

Did Buddha go to massive temples with statues of himself or did he manage without?

that was a stupid remark! you figure he had a statue made while he was aive? read up on the buddha, will do you some good!

I have read a bit about Buddha actually. I stopped when I realised it bore no relation to what I was seeing around me in Thailand as the only reason for reading about it was to try to understand the religion here. As for doing me some good what makes you think I need doing some good. I'm not perfect but I'm reasonably happy with what I am and I can't see that reading about Buddha will help. I would also have to read up on all the other religions as well because as a non believer I'm not locked into thinking that one religion is better than any other. Since you don't know me your remark could just as easily be considered stupid

The question about Buddha and statues was a rhetorical one as I'm certain he didn't have statues of himself and he would have been pretty vain if he did. I'm sorry that wasn't clear. My point was that if he managed to gain enlightenment without these things then why are so many needed now. Is the creation of endless statues part of Buddhism and if so why. Whilst I have nothing against places where Buddhists can gather some temples just seem to be not in keeping with that need and almost look like some sort of one-upmanship. I would also think that there are many other uses that the money could be used for?

I would be interested in you response to this although I won't be too surprised if I don't get one.

Here's hoping.