Belgian in Phuket ICU after lover fights back

Lite Beer

62 years, 36???

please.. leave your daughter alone! dont try to own her..

That is the whole point... big age difference the girl likes some fun at times too. You cant expect her to be turned on by someone like that.(with a few exceptions)

• Like 1

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with the Belgians? Every second post has a Belgian expat in trouble! Obviuosly not well suited to live here (statistically speaking). I recommend refusing entry permits to all Belgians, it would save millions in health care and police time.

the thing about belgians is they are even weirder than the dutch and french combined

Your comments above are incorrect, the population of Belgium consists of three cultured backgrounds which is inclusive of three official languages, Dutch language in Flanders, France language in Wallony and the German language in the Eastern region.

The social activities of the Belgian people are based on the three high rated European countries, France, Holland, Germany, and the nation can not be regarded as being weird, (strange, eerie, bizarre, etc ) for the activities of the Belgian bloke here.

When individual people get involved in crime, or silly/bad activities, then that are individual matters, not national matters and their countries can not be generalized for it.

I stand corrected:

the thing about belgians is they are even weirder than the germans, dutch and french combined

Better?
  • Like 2

Again....talking irrelevancies. This isn't about feeling lonely.

If you had experience of living long term with a Thai woman, as the stabbed man has, you wouldn't even question if her remorse was faked.

"Irrelevancies" smile.pngsmile.png Ok then, let;'s just focus on the CRIME that has been committed.

Attempted murder, which may become a murder, if he doesn't pull through.

Does being in a long term relationship with a Thai women make this crime excuseable???? smile.pngsmile.png

You have an amazing knack to keep switching to subjects we're not discussing. Try to stay on track.

Where do I say that this crime is excusable?

I stated that the woman's remorse was real, which I stand by. You said it wasn't.

C'mon NKM. Lift your game.

Still waiting for you to explain WHY you believe her remorse was real.

C'mon KB. Back up your statement with some evidence, otherwise, just simply state, "In my opinion."

Get back on the ball KB. :) :)

If you had experience of living long term with a Thai woman, as the stabbed man has, you wouldn't even question if her remorse was faked.

"Irrelevancies" smile.pngsmile.png Ok then, let;'s just focus on the CRIME that has been committed.

Does being in a long term relationship with a Thai women make this crime excuseable???? smile.pngsmile.png

if she was being beaten and acted in self defense it is not attempted murder as it would have occurred without premeditation.

mitigating circumstances and all that.

personally i think a man that beats a woman pretty much deserves what they get in a situation like this.

we dont understand the stab pattern, but it could have been self defense, highly likely she would not have stopped stabbing once she started and the adrenaline kicked in.

he is lucky she stopped when she did and sought medical attention for him once she regained her senses.

the fact that she did that suggests she did not want him dead.

if she was being beaten and acted in self defense it is not attempted murder as it would have occurred without premeditation.

mitigating circumstances and all that.

personally i think a man that beats a woman pretty much deserves what they get in a situation like this.

we dont understand the stab pattern, but it could have been self defense, highly likely she would not have stopped stabbing once she started and the adrenaline kicked in.

he is lucky she stopped when she did and sought medical attention for him once she regained her senses.

the fact that she did that suggests she did not want him dead.

If, and that's a big IF, he was beating her up, she gets a knife and stabs him, in the chest. At his age, he goes down after the first stab wound. That's exactly where the self defence ends. She stabs him another 5 times, one to the neck as well - that's exactly where the attempted murder starts.

As stated, the only reason she didn't want him dead is because you can't get money out of a dead guy.

@NKM

I have lived with Thai woman. Quite a few and for various lengths of time.

From this experience (which I have kinda pointed out to you a few times now) I know her remorse is real, otherwise she would have run.

And your evidence for her remorse being false?

As I said, up your game and try not to go off on your usual tangent.

@NKM

I have lived with Thai woman. Quite a few and for various lengths of time.

From this experience (which I have kinda pointed out to you a few times now) I know her remorse is real, otherwise she would have run.

And your evidence for her remorse being false?

As I said, up your game and try not to go off on your usual tangent.

So, living with a few Thai woman is the criteria for judging this women's remorse. :) :)

I've lived with a few Thai women as well, just overnight. :) :)

That's enough to know "remorse" is in short supply for farang in Thailand. :) :)

The woman is a stupid dumb ass she thought she had killed the guy and the money becomes hers. For all the people that take her side you have my deepest sympathy. She will spend a short time in prison. It is a game of he said and she said. 30 days in the big house and she probably will be released. She is so damn ugly that the prison does not want to feed her. TIME FOR YOU FOOLS TO WAKE UP TO THE REAL GAME HERE.

The woman is a stupid dumb ass she thought she had killed the guy and the money becomes hers. For all the people that take her side you have my deepest sympathy. She will spend a short time in prison. It is a game of he said and she said. 30 days in the big house and she probably will be released. She is so dam_n ugly that the prison does not want to feed her. TIME FOR YOU FOOLS TO WAKE UP TO THE REAL GAME HERE.

I remember you as being a wise and savy man when you were making your living here.

What have China and Chiang Rai done to you to make you such a bitter person?

For some people it takes a long time to accept the facts of life. If you had been screwed as many times as I have you might have a different attitude. I am not sugggesting that all bar girls are bad people. After all I connected with 2 who did nothing for me accept suck off a lot of money. When you take a woman out of the bar that looks like this you should know that she is not looking for love. AMAZING

I don't think anyone is defending what she did.

@NKM...if your relationships with women are as you say, then you are poorly placed to see remorse and I feel sorry that you have had such a narrow experience with Thai women.

I am single, by choice. If I wanted a relationship, being in Thailand, you know how easy that is to make happen. My marital status really has nothing to do with my judgement of one's character.

My "experience with Thai women" has been positive, because I have never been fleeced. :) How many have gone home broke, or been fed years and years of lies, in order to part them of their money.

I don't believe I'm "poorly placed to see remorse" or what I suspect is a lack of remorse.

If we stay on topic, she stabbed the guy, several times - it's an attempted murder, and if he dies, it's a murder. She can cry an apologize all she likes, but she is reponsible for her actions and should now face the consequences.

I know you are not defending what she did, so, remorse, or no remorse, justice still needs to be served, but we all know there is little chance of that happening here.

@NKM...if your relationships with women are as you say, then you are poorly placed to see remorse and I feel sorry that you have had such a narrow experience with Thai women.

I am single, by choice. If I wanted a relationship, being in Thailand, you know how easy that is to make happen. My marital status really has nothing to do with my judgement of one's character.

My "experience with Thai women" has been positive, because I have never been fleeced. smile.png How many have gone home broke, or been fed years and years of lies, in order to part them of their money.

I don't believe I'm "poorly placed to see remorse" or what I suspect is a lack of remorse.

If we stay on topic, she stabbed the guy, several times - it's an attempted murder, and if he dies, it's a murder. She can cry an apologize all she likes, but she is reponsible for her actions and should now face the consequences.

I know you are not defending what she did, so, remorse, or no remorse, justice still needs to be served, but we all know there is little chance of that happening here.

If you think relationships can be "made to happen", and somehow that's easier done because of your "being in Thailand", then you must be a misguided individual. Unless of course your idea of "relationships" equates to 'financial arrangements'.

I like to think you may possibly have just worded that part badly... smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

• Like 1

My "experience with Thai women" has been positive, because I have never been fleeced. smile.png How many have gone home broke, or been fed years and years of lies, in order to part them of their money.

If you think relationships can be "made to happen", and somehow that's easier done because of your "being in Thailand", then you must be a misguided individual. Unless of course your idea of "relationships" equates to 'financial arrangements'.

I like to think you may possibly have just worded that part badly... smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Ahh, yes, "financial arrangements." There are a lot of "financial arrangements" that are mistaken for "relationships" here. :) :)

There's a fair chance the women in the OP is in more of a "finanical arrangement" than a "relationship" with the victim.

• Like 1

@ the self-styled ice man

'I've lived with a few Thai women as well, just overnight. smile.png :)'

Such class from one so knowledgeable!

NKM is just fly fishing and baiting you all. Don't feed the troll.

To the rescue!clap2.gif

Thanks for the enlightenment.

Glad we entertain you and your buddies!

Edited by lostmebike

Typical Thai-Farang love affair...

Sounds a bit racist to me?

Oh boy, here we go with the "racism police" again. Care to clarify? Who is being slurred here? The foreigner? The Thai? Or perhaps poster is racist against relationships. I find that form of racism most offensive (well, that and racism against doughnuts. Those doughnut bigots never cease to piss me off).

I am sorry that you can't understand what is being said. To bring a slur against another person by trying to impose your views as the norm sounds as you do not understand the meaning of a bigot. I don't mind doughnuts.

What is it with the Belgians? Every second post has a Belgian expat in trouble! Obviuosly not well suited to live here (statistically speaking). I recommend refusing entry permits to all Belgians, it would save millions in health care and police ti

Yes even the smartest europeens (statisticly speaking: because they speak at least 3 or 4 languages and 80% has a least an university title) can have a shit moment .

As to what you recommend " Obviuosly" not even a Thai will understand you.

they speak at least 3 or 4 languages and 80% has a least an university title

What a load of bull, less then 12% have an university title

Edited by FritsSikkink

Sounds a bit racist to me?

Oh boy, here we go with the "racism police" again. Care to clarify? Who is being slurred here? The foreigner? The Thai? Or perhaps poster is racist against relationships. I find that form of racism most offensive (well, that and racism against doughnuts. Those doughnut bigots never cease to piss me off).

I am sorry that you can't understand what is being said. To bring a slur against another person by trying to impose your views as the norm sounds as you do not understand the meaning of a bigot. I don't mind doughnuts.

First of all, you need to learn how to write, as I'm quite sure that this is not what you meant to say: "you do not understand the meaning of a bigot". As a result of your syntax, I actually am having difficulty understanding what the hell it is you're going on about. Because you're the resident expert on racism, can you please define racism for me using a verifiable, reliable dictionary source. Then, if you don't mind, explain to me how someone saying "typical Thai-Farang relationship" has said something racist?

Obviously your dating the wrong type of woman.

Are you illiterate? Or is it that you've never once read a word about relationships in Thailand and have very limited experience of Thai culture? It's one or the other, unless willful ignorance is just your forte, and I'm being generous here. In Thailand, there are several English-language dailies. If you could read, you'd probably would have happened across one of those papers once or twice. If you ever noticed, on the front pages of nearly every one of said papers, you will find stories of a credulous foreigner who believed he could date a Thai women who deeply loved him (remember: respect and love are two completely different things, and Thais can make a little respect, or even none at all, feel like a million bucks) and then, in the heat of an argument, publicly slander/hit her and walk away in one piece. This story is as old as a Chinese Junk. This has nothing to do with dating the wrong type of woman. Here: I'm married to a Thai woman, and I say: "Typical Thai-farang love affair..."

Obviously your dating the wrong type of woman.

Are you illiterate? Or is it that you've never once read a word about relationships in Thailand and have very limited experience of Thai culture? It's one or the other, unless willful ignorance is just your forte, and I'm being generous here. In Thailand, there are several English-language dailies. If you could read, you'd probably would have happened across one of those papers once or twice. If you ever noticed, on the front pages of nearly every one of said papers, you will find stories of a credulous foreigner who believed he could date a Thai women who deeply loved him (remember: respect and love are two completely different things, and Thais can make a little respect, or even none at all, feel like a million bucks) and then, in the heat of an argument, publicly slander/hit her and walk away in one piece. This story is as old as a Chinese Junk. This has nothing to do with dating the wrong type of woman. Here: I'm married to a Thai woman, and I say: "Typical Thai-farang love affair..."

+1

Some people have such low opinions of Thai's that they believe they can do what they want... Whether its staff, nannies (reference to another post) or girlfriends...

That prick got what he deserves.... and I am sure the thai lady will get her justice too...

If you want to touch a savage dog, then expect to get bitten....

If you want to stab the hand that feeds you, expect to be homeless....

Better of staying at home an fapping than to get into a relationship... smile.png

Aren't you a becoming fellow? Referring to the woman as "a savage dog". Vicious racism masked as care...

Edited by Unkomoncents

Belgian expat stabbed by Thai girlfriend out of Phuket ICU
Phuket Gazette -

phuketnews_Phuket_expat_Ferdinand_Salden
Phuket expat Ferdinand Salden, 62, from Belgium, lapsed into a coma after being rushed to hospital on Wednesday night. Photo: Thawit Bilabdullar

PHUKET: The 62-year-old Belgian expat who was stabbed multiple times by his Thai girlfriend earlier this week is out of intensive care, hospital staff have confirmed.

Ferdinand Salden was stabbed repeatedly by his girlfriend of six years, Yossapa Janthep, 36, amid a violent domestic dispute at their Patong home on Wednesday night .

Mr Salden lapsed into a coma after being rushed to hospital by a visibly remorseful Ms Yossapa.

“He is recovering and was released from the intensive care unit [iCU] yesterday morning, but he is still under close observation by medical staff,” a staffer at Bangkok Hospital Phuket told the Phuket Gazette.

However, the hospital staffer declined to reveal any further details about Mr Salden’s injuries or his state of recovery.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Belgian-expat-stabbed-by-Thai-girlfriend-out-of-Phuket-ICU-21494.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-06-29