Mcilroy still poor!

dogpoo

Plus 2 on the first day of the Irish open, in his interview he seemed lost and only thinks he will be playing better soon, lets remember before he switched equipment he was on top of the golfing world, my opinion is he can not get used to the Nike gear and should go back to what was working, he was a multi millionaire before the deal with Nike, how much money does one person want!! still follow him and wanting him to get back to the number 1 spot.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I am not interested in McIlroy and his struggle to find form. He's no different than anyone else, yours truly included - every now and then we lose it swingwise.

What I am interested in is why you started a new topic when there's one running already...?

For clarity, perhaps you should ask the mods to close this one?

No I don't blame him for being in love with his gorgeous gf, and yes the 250million is very nice thank you very much, I love watching Rory especially when he is on his game, maybe he should employ his gf to be his caddie so he can have a little kiss and cuddle often!! Come on Rory!!

• Like 1

Another poor show from Rory, it's certainly taking him along time to adapt to the new gear, swing problems and loss of confidence, is it love or has he completely lost his way, in his interview after missing the cut at the Irish open he says, "I am not happy with any part of my game, nothing is coming easy" his confidence has gone, this is definitely a long low in his career, I wonder If Nike have concerns considering they are paying him an incredible amount of money to promote there products, he has not done that since changing from Teitlest, can he change the poor form around sooner rather than later!! As a follower of Rory I am hoping he will soon!!

British open next for Rory, he has already stated that sponsor commitments and trying to find a new shaft for his driver will more than likely hamper his preparation for this event, come on Rory sort it out son!!

I've read reports that McIlroy is in the process of jettisoning Horizon to form his own management company, headed by his father, with he and Ms. Wozniacki as clients.

Not sure what this means re: equipment?

Graeme McDowell suffered similar set-backs when he made the change (management and equipment).

I've read reports that McIlroy is in the process of jettisoning Horizon to form his own management company, headed by his father, with he and Ms. Wozniacki as clients.

Not sure what this means re: equipment?

Graeme McDowell suffered similar set-backs when he made the change (management and equipment).

Would Rory have known about the Nike contract before it happened, did he have a say in it? I know it's a lot of money but I will say it again, he was a multi millionaire with Titleist and he was on top of the world, he now has considerably more money but is becoming a has been!! I follow him as do many others, we want the old Mcilroy back ASAP!!

I hear the same type of comments from the average hacker on a Sunday morning: "I shanked/slized/topped/duffed/popped/pulled/pushed it, there must be something wrong with the clubs"

Ever thought about the possibility that this is caused by faulty shoes? Wrong coloured boxers? Maybe it's the tees, ever thought of that?

We dont want him back.

Edited by Forethat

• 3 weeks later...

Another bad showing from Rory, in his interview he looked bewildered and had no idea why his form has dipped so badly, I think there are a few reasons why, he has a lovely gf and probably thinking about her more than golf, pressure to perform with his new sponsor, will he be back, only time will tell!!

He needs to start playing a few more competitive tournaments.

Not played much this year has he?

Checked:

14 tournaments so far this year and over $1million in winnings.

Also just read he is adding more tournaments to his schedule for this year in a bid to play himself out of the slump.

Edited by Thailand

British open next for Rory, he has already stated that sponsor commitments and trying to find a new shaft for his driver will more than likely hamper his preparation for this event, come on Rory sort it out son!!

he is already gone he missed the cut. he was concentrating on the wrong hole.

Who can blame him for that!!

Why are people talking so much about his gf? EVERY golfer on tour has access to nice looking women. The fact that she's famous doesn't make her any prettier.. If anything, I'd guess he could get something prettier if she wasn't famous. Seriously, why would he or anyone else in his position be more or less distracted by his gf just cause she plays tennis? Every player on tour is getting laid when and where they want.. Have you seen the significant others of Jason Duffner and Billy Mayfair???

Why are people talking so much about his gf? EVERY golfer on tour has access to nice looking women. The fact that she's famous doesn't make her any prettier.. If anything, I'd guess he could get something prettier if she wasn't famous. Seriously, why would he or anyone else in his position be more or less distracted by his gf just cause she plays tennis? Every player on tour is getting laid when and where they want.. Have you seen the significant others of Jason Duffner and Billy Mayfair???

Maybe he is having difficulty handling being in love, missing her and wants to be with her more, this might not be the problem of course but I am thinking it is playing its part, pressure to perform for his new sponsor could also be playing its part, the new equipment could also be in there, it's been a long slump and going by his latest interview he is a lost sole when it comes to his golf, only he knows what is really going on, his fans will be speculating just like we are!!

Who can blame him for that!!

His problem appears to be getting to the hole !!

• Like 1

I do hope that Rory gets back on track soon.

How is Nike taking this, golfing star starts using their clubs and has a playing melt down, how can this help their sales?

It's all about the old sayin "90% of golf is played on 3 inches, the 3 inches between you ears" I hope he gets his head sorted soon.

only he knows what is really going on, his fans will be speculating just like we are!!

"we"...?

cheesy.gif

If your not interested in this thread, don't post!!
I'm interested all right, but I'm sure as he** not speculating, you'll have to credit yourself that one...

only he knows what is really going on, his fans will be speculating just like we are!!

"we"...?

Posted Image

I'm interested all right, but I'm sure as he** not speculating, you'll have to credit yourself that one...

Cheers I will continue to speculate along with a few others! Don't post if you have nothing of interest to say!

"we"...?

cheesy.gif

Cheers I will continue to speculate along with a few others! Don't post if you have nothing of interest to say!
Then please continue any speculations of yours using the phrase "only he knows what is really going on, his fans will be speculating just like I am!!"

I'll keep posting according to the proclaimed demeanour. Whether you find it interesting or not is irrelevant. Sorry to be the one to burst your bubble.

In case your interested, I've already given you a healthy clue to the real reason behind Rory's current issues. If you are clever you pay attention to what I wrote earlier. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen though...

Edited by Forethat

How is Nike taking this, golfing star starts using their clubs and has a playing melt down, how can this help their sales?

It's all about the old saying "90% of golf is played on 3 inches, the 3 inches between you ears" I hope he gets his head sorted soon.

Good question. Market value is seriously affected. Rory is paid to perform.

I don't believe in the equipment theory, though I have to admit the ball change can sometimes cause a swing hick-up. In my opinion, it's exactly as you say, it's what's between the ears...

Despite my claims that the change in equipment is anything but the culprit, there are several examples of players who experienced a serious slump in form following a change of clubs. A crazy example of this is Henrik Stenson. He signed with Srixon and quickly raced to world no.5 which resulted in a contract with Taylor Made. The next 2 years Henrik dropped from no.5 to 230-ish. Henrik then dropped the TM irons and now plays Callaway RAZR Tour irons. Result? He's ranked 20th and is again a contender.

It's in the head, nothing else. This is the case for Rory as well. Trust me, he'll be back, and he'll suffer from several situations like this in the future. Just like you, me and every golfer out there.

PGA pros are no different, I know that for a fact...

Edited by Forethat

It's all about the old sayin "90% of golf is played on 3 inches, the 3 inches between you ears" I hope he gets his head sorted soon.

Nike must have concerns, you don't shell out that sort of money without expecting results, he is under extreme pressure from all sides, yep it's all in the head, he is young so should be able to overcome the problems eventually, maybe the next two tournaments will be crucial!! Come on Rory!!

I don't think anyone doubts that nike clubs perfrom much differently, but I think the psychological issues could stem from knowing that you've changed clubs and playing something different. Are you really that obtuse that you don't realize it? I doubt anyone would say that a good swing with a titleist would put the ball on the green, and the same swing with a nike would give you a banana slice.. It's just the psychology of knowing something has changed.