What Method Of Quitting Smoking Was Most Successful For You?

MAJIC

Which Quit Smoking Method Has Had The Best Results?  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am surprise that electronic cigarettes are actually on the poll. In reality it is all about a nicotine addiction that your giving up. Electronic cigarettes just change the delivery method of nicotine.

I have known several people who stopped smoking with hypnosis. They said it is the only method that breaks the mental addiction as the physical addiction is gone in under 4 days once the nicotine bleeds out of your body. It is the mental addiction that brings people back.

Why are you surprised about just e-cigs?

Why no surprise about nicotine gum and nicotine nasal spray? They deliver nicotine too.

The benefit with these alternatives is the user is not inhaling all the other rubbish when smoking a cigarette.

I replaced cigarettes with vaping/e-cigs. I stepped down the nicotine intake and 10 months later, I quit vaping. Worked for me.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprise that electronic cigarettes are actually on the poll. In reality it is all about a nicotine addiction that your giving up. Electronic cigarettes just change the delivery method of nicotine.

I have known several people who stopped smoking with hypnosis. They said it is the only method that breaks the mental addiction as the physical addiction is gone in under 4 days once the nicotine bleeds out of your body. It is the mental addiction that brings people back.

Why no surprise about nicotine gum and nicotine nasal spray? They deliver nicotine too.

The benefit with these alternatives is the user is not inhaling all the other rubbish when smoking a cigarette.

I replaced cigarettes with vaping/e-cigs. I stepped down the nicotine intake and 10 months later, I quit vaping. Worked for me.

Thanks for that because I'm going the same way.coffee1.gif

I have been vaping 9 months now and havent touched a cigarette since i started vaping

I have been vaping 9 months now and havent touched a cigarette since i started vaping

Same for me. The day I started vaping was the last day I smoked a cigarette.

2 weeks into vaping, my lungs felt better, not so winded going up the stairs or shaggin' the Mrs. tongue.png

The watershed moment came when I smelled a cigarette burning downstairs or maybe in front of the house. I called down to my wife, "Hey, is somebody here or outside, smoking a cigarette?" Silence. Ask again, walk to the banister. My wife is there, looking up at me, with this grin on her face and said, "Hon, been telling you the last 3 years here, your cigarette smoke has stunk up this whole house!"

For the first time in 25+ years, I could smell again.

Archived