Any Need For Malaria Protection In Chiang Mai For April?

Chiangmai Foxy

hi guys,i arrive this week.just wondering if i should go to the doctors for malaria protection.i asked the same question at christmas and you guys said no need unless i was venturing into jungle,outskirts etc.i wont be doing that again,will just be in cm centre same as last time.now with it been april and very hot,ie more mosquitos,would it be advisable to get protection,or should i be fine.cheers

An English chap I know, a bit north of Mae Taeng, got the Japanese encephelitis a good while back.

Came very close to death and underwent years of slow recovery. I always smile, when in Fallangland, and folks complain about mosquitos....the bites itch; be happy that is all they do.

The common belief, in rural northern villages is that it is the yellow striped, big bodied,long legged mosquitos that carry malaria/dengue/JE. However, I don't know if that is true.

.....Ken

The common belief, in rural northern villages is that it is the yellow striped, big bodied,long legged mosquitos that carry malaria/dengue/JE. However, I don't know if that is true

The rest of Thailand believes the same

The common belief, in rural northern villages is that it is the yellow striped, big bodied,long legged mosquitos that carry malaria/dengue/JE. However, I don't know if that is true

....but only the females :o

....but only the females :o

TiT :D

• 5 months later...

I just moved to CM to work on a project with The malaria Center and local health authorities. I am designing a portable device that disables pathogens like Malaria electronically. We have done a trial in Africa that showed very successful on Malaria (3-4 days of 2 hours treatments). It works by DNA inhibiting reverse transcriptase. in laymans terms it means the micro organisms are not able to reproduce, thus leaving them vounerable to our immune system. Since it works on the DNA it is not specific to any one virus or bacteria though some have more resistance than others, also depending on the individuals immune system.

Best regards,

PK