getting rid of jinjoks with poison

manarak

I got a big jinjok problem in my house. A friend from isaan brought one time some small tube of poison with her and it was great and helped very much with keeping the house clean for several months.

I asked since in several hardware shops around pattaya for such jinjok poison but got no answer. I am loking either for a supplier or for a recipe for making the mixture myself. It was a green sticky paste that smelled bad and I suppose it contains sugar.

Any leads?

• Like 1

sorry, I've got a house, I cannot remove their food supply and if I leave the house 3 weeks, when I come back I find about 40 to 50 droppings per door-window (7 of them on the ground floor) and more everywhere.

it just looks filthy.

the few months where I had the poison in action were a relief.

• Like 1

Why would you want to kill something that is so helpfull.

I don't understand.

Strange behaviour.

We are having problems with Tokay poo but I still would not kill them.

they shit everywhere.

pease tell me another solution that will allow me to leave the house 3 weeks unattended and not find it shat full when I return.

I have 3 Tookay in the garage, but they don't disturb there.

• Like 1

I welcome their help to keep the insects down but would like to have some say in where they crap. I've see a product called Gecko-Off (or something similar) which is supposed to make it hard for them to cling to vertical and inverted surfaces. Has anyone tried it or have a similar solution?

Edited by Greenside

Totally harmless, they do poop rather a lot mind, it's mostly mosquitoes that didn't bite you and give you dengue!

This is the problem Ive found, crap everywhere and they stain the paintwork terribly.

My house is well sealed so they dont get in easily, the mess they make is on the outside walls.

I simply kill them but it will be a constant battle.

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

So you leave your house for three weeks.... great, happy for you. Your geckos don't have any idea that you are leaving.

Maybe you should have a chat with them before you go....

I have put up post-its asking them to shit outside, but they simply ignore them!

• Like 2

I have loads of them and I also have a few tookays as well.

'er indoors is not so happy about the tookays but has learnt to live with them.

The only time we have a lot of bugs around is when it rains a lot and they are either flying ants or flying termites. The jing joks and tookays eat very well but just can't eat any more.

Now snakes we have had in the house and around the outside and I am not happy with them at all.

they're excellent lodgers in and around the home.. give me these useful creatures over a dog or cat that craps all over the place anyday.

You can train a cat/dog but doubt you can train a jing jok to crap where you want them to. biggrin.png

To be honest, I cringed at the OP as I just would never harm them. I even get upset if I find one I accidentally closed a door on. Call me a softy, but they are not harming me. Fun to use a laser pointer at night and play chase the dot with them. smile.png

you would find it less fun with approx 900 m2 of floor and furniture full of jin jok shit every 2 to 3 weeks. a cleaning eats up a workday for 2 persons, plus the aircon, otherwise one ends up bathing in sweat.

Edited by manarak

People who poison harmless little tjintjoks (and probably have other arrogant habits towards nature) should not live in Thailand but pack there bags and <deleted> off to where they come from.

blink.png

ok, nice troll. Since I brought my (Siamese) cat here the ching tschuk population has fallen off dramatically. We fumigated the house a month ago, meaning that the chin tschuks have less to interest them in our house and we seem to have got rid of the ticks that crawled up our walls at the same time. No comment about the OP's attitude apart from beware of troll.

People who poison harmless little tjintjoks (and probably have other arrogant habits towards nature) should not live in Thailand but pack there bags and <deleted> off to where they come from.

blink.png

Perhaps a 22th floor apartment, high above the world of annoying living stuff - exept people- is a good option ? I really doubt tjintjoks (or whatever spelling is correct(?)) are able to climb that high without getting serious fear of hights, dizzyness and fainting so they will stay away. :)

ibbBbwNbwt9T5t.png

Animals I got in my house:

downstairs:

• 1 gecko who lives in the kitchen
  • lotsa lotsa lotsa tjintjoks
  • black scorpion
  • huge spiders, whom I regard as my buddies cuz they help keep the house clean from flies
  • 1 meter long green snake (dogs got really exiting about it and scared it away)
  • colorful little frogs smile.png
  • various medium to huge toads (sometimes I pick them up and keep them in my hands for a moment, they are so cute)
  • sometimes a speeding cockroach, no problem they just live their own life and are harmless, even funny.

upstairs:

• the gecko who sometimes came peeking in my bedroom
  • sometimes a lost bird
  • a totally upset cat from the neigbours who was chased by my dogs, I needed force to pull it out of the curtain
  • lotsa lotsa lotsa tjintjoks
  • several times a bat (weird when a bat flies silently around your head while you working on your pc)
  • at nighttime lotsa lotsa lotsa lotsa lotsa lotsa insects om my computerscreen especially micro-grasshoppers, 1 huge 3 inch grasshopper who loved sitting near my keyboard, most curious animal ever the way he looked at me.
  • rarely any mosquitos.
  • 3 dogs who always accompanied me in the evening.

I miss it.

The only species I was less happy with were those flying brown objects that appear under a lamp after a heavy rainfall, fall down, lose their wings and keep crawling around. Once the housekeeper left the light in the bathroom on and the result was a 2 inch layer of those things all over the bathroom floor. Holy crap how disgusting !!!!!

Strange enough THIS is the stuff that Thais love very much, even seems to be expensive when for sale........ and they eat them !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by rubberduck