How good is your putting?

Forethat

How good is your putting?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given the recent discussions around putting, I thought it'd be interesting to see how the putting standard is on TV. I have never been great with the short stick, at least not as great as I could have been, most likely because I haven't practiced enough. But there's also the talent factor. Some people are just annoyingly good at putting. Good for you!

wai.gif

Edited by Forethat

If I can have a round with zero 3-putts, I've had a great day on the greens. Mind you technically speaking, putting from off the green is not counted as a putt.....but I still feel as though I've failed if it takes me 3 to get it in the hole.

All good fun anyway.

Cheers.

There should be a thread directly related to this as to how good a chipper you are. If being honest I'm sure few of us are on many greens 'in regulation'. I often one putt as many as 10 holes in a round, usually 6 or so. All as a result of being good around the greens. I have a bit of a reputation for chipping in and have a few 2 chip-in rounds.

I quite enjoy putting although I normally only play for fun, so there's little pressure on me. The only time I really got the shakes was when a had a put to shoot my lowest score - I could barely swing I was shaking so much!

Most of the courses I play in Chiang Mai are very short and so the greens are often made extra-challenging (for the gamblers as I was told by a local green keeper). For those of you who are familiar with the second hole at Hang Dong, I bet, as I have, you've had to chip back on to the green after your first putt once or twice!