BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
pomchop

1000 Baht can go a long way in Chiang Rai

Two weeks back, in Chiang Rai, 1000 baht paid for 3 days accommodation and internet with 100 bath change.thumbsup.gif

They even gave you 6 bottles of water.,

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

It would feed our pets for a few days but I am not sure how many.

Cookie doesn;t need feed......just turn him loose in a chicken coop.smile.png

Cookie doesn’t eat chicken but she did carry one around in her mouth when she was younger. A complete surprise when she opened her mouth and out popped a soaking wet chick, screaming and running around in circles looking for mommy.biggrin.png
You should see what my wife cooks for the dogs and even the cat.rolleyes.gif

Don't worry VF, if the wife cooks the best for the dogs, you will be OK when sent to the dog house......and you will have Cookie for company.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Good to see an OP about some of the positive things here in LOS for a change. I've only been to CR once, and liked it, but my preference is CM. We live about 18 klm east of the city, but with 4 major highways to get in and out of town within a few minutes of where we live. Granted, when we first moved here we were pretty much surrounded by rice paddies, which have all given way to other moo bans, major stores and other things, but it's still a good place to live. Due to a gradual increase in "foreigners" moving here, as well as an increase in tourists, there have been some increases in the price of things, but mostly those dealing with real estate. And I would say that, overall, the attitude among the locals is pretty much the same as it was back then.

I could make up my own list of what could be purchased for 1k baht, but I'll skip that and, instead, bring up the one fact that is, for me, is one of the predominate reasons most of us live here, and that is the overall cost of living. Let's face it, I seriously doubt that many of us could afford the comfortable lifestyle we have here back in our own countries. I know I couldn't. Not even close. Add to that my wife and the extended family I also "acquired", who all treat me with the utmost respect, and I can't think of any place else I'd rather be.

Nice to see you keeping a positive attitude, even with the changes you have experienced in your area, and thanks for the positive post.smile.png

You can get 11 and a half cups of coffee at Starbucks, no less.thumbsup.gifrolleyes.gif

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

You can get 11 and a half cups of coffee at Starbucks, no less.thumbsup.gifrolleyes.gif

Or 2.5 kg very good beans from Mae Sauei....350 shots of fine coffee.

Yes, but can you drink it before it goes stale? It might take a while to drink 350 shots of fine coffee.biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

Yes, but can you drink it before it goes stale? It might take a while to drink 350 shots of fine coffee.biggrin.pngthumbsup.gif

You did see the way I was shaking last time I saw yousmile.png

• Like 1

The person who started this asked to please not make a big issue out of it. For all the people who keep commenting on what they have bought and what they have paid for is is crazy. You can buy anything you want and pay what ever you wish. No one cares about something that you recentely bought and what you paid for it. This is junk so can we start saying something uselfu and informative. ENOUGH!

The person who started this asked to please not make a big issue out of it. For all the people who keep commenting on what they have bought and what they have paid for is is crazy. You can buy anything you want and pay what ever you wish. No one cares about something that you recentely bought and what you paid for it. This is junk so can we start saying something uselfu and informative. ENOUGH!

Don You do not control this thread. You decide what you read and write. Do not decide it for others.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

This is the most popular thread we have had in ages. Just look at all the readers at the bottom of the page. Obviously people do care, so chill and be happy.rolleyes.gifcoffee1.gif

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 2

It has never been my intention to control any forum. It seems like everyone is happy over the number of people who have responded to this thread telling us what they pay for something. I agree this is a lot better than nothing. Is it possible that we might be able to create a new thread that is informative about your travel and photo experiences in Chiang Rai. If not, keep on telling us what you pay for things because other wise we would not know. Worthless knowledge is better than none at all.

When the Mrs & I are up country ฿10k can last a good couple of months, granted, her house is owned outright so there's no rent or Mortgage to pay & it's on a farm that supplies most of our food but even when we're not economising we don't burn that much cash.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

For those knowledgable on prices of things can anyone tell me where I can find an electric driven paddle system for aeration of my fishing likes. I have located some in China but surely they must be some made and available in Thailand. I would like the 4 paddle type with the motor and drive mounted in the middle using 380 volt power. Many thanks if you have any information.