BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
ozzy111

Giving the extended family a piece of my mind

I have never experienced anything like your post. But I suspect that if it did happen it would be my wife who stopped it because she doesn't take much nonsense from anybody (including me).

Very similar here. I would actually feel sorry for anyone making snide remarks re our family as my Missus would have their balls for breakfast.

Similar here as well. biggrin.png

If Ozzy111's wife is on his side, he'll be fine! thumbsup.gif

I have never experienced anything like your post. But I suspect that if it did happen it would be my wife who stopped it because she doesn't take much nonsense from anybody (including me).

Very similar here. I would actually feel sorry for anyone making snide remarks re our family as my Missus would have their balls for breakfast.

Similar here as well. biggrin.png

If Ozzy111's wife is on his side, he'll be fine! thumbsup.gif

Yer she's on my side, my missus is just a relaxed gentle soul that prefers to not to make waves.

• Like 1

Maybe an odd well timed word on their 'shell like' to remind them that just because they cannot see funds doesn't necessarily mean you have none.

It just might get them thinking about the relatives position (which is usually mortgaged up to the hilt). Use the gossip to your advantage, for once!

Edited by DILLIGAD

Maybe it could have been done at a more appropriate moment and more calmly, but standing up for your daughter when she's being bullied is the right thing to do.

When the snide remarks were made was the appropriate time to take action.

You did the right thing. You can't put up with that stuff, enough is enough. Your daughter can't defend herself against them, as she's younger blah blah blah.

You did a good thing, if the other people think less of you because they know they can't bully you or push you around..... hell that's the perfect reaction!

A lot of people in the villages can be very rude, sometimes without realising it, and therefore it's important to ensure that they realise that their behaviour is inappropriate.

You should try to teach your children how important it is to stand up for their rights and for what they believe in too. As it's often part of the culture here to avoid conflicts, to not disagree with people if they are older etc. But if someone is disrespecting them, then they need to stand up for themselves and not be a doormat (As when they get older, you won't always be there to stand up for them).

• Like 2