French man 'scammed' of 276,000 Baht by Thai bride

webfact

I lived in France for the best part of my professional career, ie Antibes, and believe me my hosts had no intention of ever bathing before evening; standing in a Bank or Post Office queue bore testament to it.

However, hygiene apart, I still maintain that the girl in question did no wrong; She asked .. He gave .. She said thank you ... job done, Good Luck to her and all her fellow Anglers that hook punters with more efficiency than Grizzlys on a Salmon Run.

I'm Lovin it!!!!

In my opinion you never lived in France. You just hate France and the French ...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in France for the best part of my professional career, ie Antibes, and believe me my hosts had no intention of ever bathing before evening; standing in a Bank or Post Office queue bore testament to it.

However, hygiene apart, I still maintain that the girl in question did no wrong; She asked .. He gave .. She said thank you ... job done, Good Luck to her and all her fellow Anglers that hook punters with more efficiency than Grizzlys on a Salmon Run.

I'm Lovin it!!!!

In my opinion you never lived in France. You just hate France and the French ...

Then you're wrong on both points

According to Ms. Ratri, an American with the name Mr. Jason Smith who lives in California told her he wanted to marry her but she had to wire him 90,200 baht for procedure fee, which she did. The wedding never took place, Ms. Ratri said.

Please, please, who in their right mind would send 90,200 baht to someone they have never met called Mr Smith?

There is one born every minute:

Down my way there is a Thai family. The guy has a very attractive daughter in her late 30s. As far as I know, she is not and has never been a bar girl but has her own business as an exporter of antique goods. All sounds good and would appear as an ideal catch for any discerning farang. But this woman is something like the black widow spider. Over the years she has had a string of profiles on dating websites. She always aims for farang guys in they’re 50s and early 60s because she believes that guys in this age group are more likely to have money and be more desperate for a younger female companion. After the first couple of dates she invites the farangs to meet her family and some of the locals, than the process for extracting these men out of a lot of money begins, with stories that she requires money for her ailing business, the father needs a stomach operation and so on. Within the last 2 years the parents have had a new home built, new vehicles purchased and so on with the monies obtained by scamming these farangs. It is well known by the locals how this family have acquired their newfound wealth. There was one particular German man that we know gave this woman almost 1.5 million baht before she dumped him. My wife and I have said; one day this woman is going to choose the wrong victim and end up dead.

But seriously, these days I just don`t feel that Thai women make good wife/girlfriend partners anymore and best not to become too deeply involved with them and if you’re an older guy aiming for a much younger Thai women, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

Many years ago when I was working, my fellow pilots were into investing in anything and everything, but principally boats and aircraft for leasing. Few, if any, made any money out of the enterprises, but they kept at it. Many were on their second or third marriages, and one guy I knew, onto the fifth.

The moral of the story is that if floats, flies, or f****, don't buy it......hire it!

• Like 1

The breathtaking naievety of the man.

Had I rushed to the press every time I had made a mistake and surrendered some cash to one of the fairer sex for poor return ...... they could have written a book by now. I'm sure many of you out there are the samerolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Had I rushed to the press every time I had made a mistake and surrendered some cash to one of the fairer sex for poor return ...... they could have written a book by now. I'm sure many of you out there are the samePosted Image

+1

Had I rushed to the press every time I had made a mistake and surrendered some cash to one of the fairer sex for poor return ...... they could have written a book by now. I'm sure many of you out there are the samerolleyes.gif

Not me; I have never been taken advantage of ...... not to my knowledge anyway !!

Plus two sequels....

Had I rushed to the press every time I had made a mistake and surrendered some cash to one of the fairer sex for poor return ...... they could have written a book by now. I'm sure many of you out there are the same:rolleyes:

Not me; I have never been taken advantage of ...... not to my knowledge anyway !!

Tongue in cheek or you aint lived mate!

Knowing you, I'm betting on the former :-)

Tongue in cheek or you aint lived mate!

Knowing you, I'm betting on the former :-)

I thought we were talking about fat, bald guys. Non of you are in that category - you're both hansum maak maak! laugh.png

I'm afraid in my case it is "humsan" tongue.png

Amazing how this thread brings out so many BM who hate France and the French.

I'm a French speaking Belgian Walloon and love France.

Please include us Walloons in your aversion for all things French ...tongue.png

Wallonia wanted to become part of France in 1945 but the Anglos vetoed this terrible idea of making France bigger. Blast them !!

Edited by jayceenik

Have to agree with the earlier posts, this one was definitely a ladyboy. Look at the size of those clubs covering up the Adams apple in the pic.

Reckon he had a lucky escape either way, marriage aint cheap! Divorce is extortionate (so I been told), lucky she didnt play the long game or she could have properly rinsed him!

That aside what a muppet!

That was my first thought as well looking at the photo. So maybe he dodged a bullet... :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen