French man 'scammed' of 276,000 Baht by Thai bride

webfact

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad designer.

4 month after the "communicated" they fell in love.

Wedding (MAN) instead of .......

become member of TV FIRST.

Didn't want to listen to anyone but her

Had the time of his life during and after the Uh UH ceremony

and after the wedding night" she changed her mind and is now on line as 'broken heart"

The reason we see this in the news is to discredit the (stupid ) foreigner...thats all

"earning around 400,000 baht per month"

The cheap B&*%rd... then 276,000 is like two weeks pay,

and he had all that exotic fun and adventure and two nights of woopee...

Why do these foreigners give the rest of us such a cheap charlie reputation?

:D :D :D

With an income of 400,000B/mth it will only take him about 3 weeks to recoup that money. He got off lightly. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool (to a few) than to speak out (all over the media) and remove all doubt.

you seem to forget that he is living in communist France, after taxes it should be more like 80000B/mth.
  • Like 1

The only descriptive word I can think of for the bloke is.......muppet. coffee1.gif

Edit: I forgot he was French - I think it translates as Muppette

on line dating in thailand? can't believe it, but he is french and they are known for their gullibility! one born every minute.

Silly old fool, he was very lucky after all there are many farangs who have been ripped off for a lot more it is not just Thai woman I was once ripped off by a well know British property agent in Koh Phangan over a land deal it was a hard lesson to learn but we all have to move on I have to say I worry more about getting ripped off by fellow country men than the Thai's Like my wife says she has yet to meet an estate agent who owns their own property they all rent I wonder why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

He earns 400.000 a month, so that's about 3 weeks wage for him. That's a very small price for such an important lesson in life. You're not quite right in your head if you think you fall in love with someone over the internet and propose to her in just a few months.

Get over it and spare yourself the embarrassment of all of us laughing at you. No sympathy from me...

Exactly, by the way 20.000Thb for a ticket BKK - RCDG???? What airline? Let me know, I'm interested too

Maybe she just changed her mind?

Exactly, she only met him online then he shows up for the wedding, maybe she did not realize that many French people do not bath or shower regularly and after 2 days could not take the smell! Thais are very sensitive to bad odour!

555 = Hahaha, good

• Like 1

I have to say this doesn't sound like a typical scam case.

She simply changed her mind after meeting him in person and decided to bail out.

I mean she could have taken him for the full ride - land, house etc.

But another typical story about a stupid older farang & a young Thai woman. I implore Lonely Planet to put warnings in their travel guides!!!

I love his quote. Every time we read about these stories, the farang always complain that he was conned.

But has any of them ever admitted that they were stupid in the first place??

Mr. Michel told our correspondent he sought help from police because he did not want other foreign men to be duped like him.

Actually, I think it is a typical scam. The reason she didn't wait up for the house, land etc. is she can queue up for the next victim much faster. I'm betting she has another in waiting. coffee1.gif

And.. you know this guy is totally naive because he thinks he needs to warn other foreigners. If had been paying attention he would know most foreigners already know about the scams. He's living in a vacuum. He making a pretty good income and usually people like that are out of touch.

Exactly, she only met him online then he shows up for the wedding, maybe she did not realize that many French people do not bath or shower regularly and after 2 days could not take the smell! Thais are very sensitive to bad odour!

Please delete this racist comment, this joke is about 70 years old and pretty lame if you want my opinion.
  • Like 1

555 = Hahaha, good
Hahaha so funny. French smell bad hahahaha. IQ lower than 60 for sure.
  • Like 1

"he and Ms. Pitchayanun spent 2 nights at a hotel in the province′s town center."

Wonder what he did during those 2 nights that became the Deal Breaker?! He should be happy that he has received a quick resolution to the problem with no long and drawn out emotional crap. wai2.gif

Two people scammed with promise of marriage Mr. Michel Sebald, 60 from a Thai person---- Lost 276,00 he says the equivalent of 2 weeks wages.

Ms. Ratri Bhodiraj, 39,scammed with promise of marriage from a American person-- lost 90,200 baht--- an average 1 years wage.

Mr. Michel Sebald makes the headlines---Ms Ratri Bhodira gets --"Oh an also comment" at the bottom of the page.

and what about the aussie farmer who lost ummm what was it? 50 mil baht?, cant remember exactly

I know I should be feeling bad for the guy but these guys who want to marry a girl before meeting them in person... Your just asking to get scammed.

"He said he "fell in love" with Ms. Pitchayanun because of her politeness, manner, and beauty."

Last I heard you can get a Maxim Model for 5000thb which im sure would have all of those qualities plus im sure they would love being a wife for a guy that makes 400,000thb per month!

"He eventually asked her to marry after 4 months of correspondence."

4 Months of online chatting... you have to be kidding me! Was this guy born yesterday?

Only 276k?! Shoot, I have had gfs worse than that—and friends in ozi, with the ozi wives!!! (house, car, dog...). But seriously, that sux. Good luck with the cops. Next time try before you buy.

Has to be said, my thoughts too were that he learnt the lesson with relatively little pain.

Let's hope he's not a repeat offender.

Most never learn.

My friend of 25 years spent $35k on his special girl.

We didn't speak for a year over how ''special'' she was.

After the full ''monty'' treatment of course shes a she devil.

Next holiday he gets a girl from a '' special'' massage place.

Were not speaking again because of how ''special'' she is!

Theres no fool like an old fool!