French man 'scammed' of 276,000 Baht by Thai bride

webfact

The Thai men who read this article must be laughing themselves silly over it. No self-respecting Thai man would let his lady that he just married and paid the "bride price" for tell him that she is "not ready". I think that in the west many men have lost their way after too many "sensitivity classes" put on by the human resource dept of the multi-gazillion dollar corporation that they worked for.

Maybe this girl just wanted her man to demonstrate that he was really a man or that he at least, knew how to act like a man. I had a similar situation myself where I paid 250,000 baht bride price for a sweet young thing. The first night she came to bed with 3 pairs of pants on and made a show of fighting me off. Of course, I ripped all 3 pairs of pants off her and took what I was due. The second night she only had 2 pairs of pants on and we went through the same routine. After a few nights she came to bed with no pants on, at all, and I did not have to fight for what I wanted.

Within a couple of weeks, she couldn't get enough. She wouldn't let me sleep.

Just sayin'. biggrin.png

• Like 2

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing happened to an American friend in China. Turned out his "bride" was a whole network of Chinese guys scamming. Same smell, different fart.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by asupeartea

The only descriptive word I can think of for the bloke is.......muppet. coffee1.gif

Edit: I forgot he was French - I think it translates as Muppette

Not a muppet: Genuinely duped.

I was genuinely duped too. Except we managed to live together for 5 years before she carried out her scam. I totally believed her and she lived in the UK. A good buddhist, honest etc etc etc. But in fact a very clever liar. For the purposes of this description I will call her 'Ami'. She is a trained civil engineer and when we moved from UK to Thailand, got an MBA at the North Chiang Mai University. During this time she carried out a number of cheating scams - I reckon she cost me 5m baht or so. This included a house for her mother, god knows how many brand name handbags, a businss for her father and the careful removal of cash from the joint household account. She was travelling to Bangkok for "job interviews" but in fact having nookie with an ex-boyfriend. A very clever piece of scamming all told. I have been told that she's still seing 'farangs' and is with an American. Poor guy. I wonder how much he'll lose. For me there is no comeback. I just wish everyday that the spirits turn against her.

If you ask a western girl to marry you, she says yes, you pay for the party, clothes, limo and so on. But she changes her mind and says "no" to the priest.

Can you report her for fraud? cheesy.gif

• Like 1

He's lucky they didn't find him on the street 15 stories below his honeymoon suite hotel balcony in Pattaya, after he committed "suicide." Go back to France and chalk it up to a (expensive) lesson learned.

Entirely uncalled for. Should've shot that load right down the loo, dude.dry.png

Married a beautiful Thai lady 8 years ago, and all was great till I bough a Condo and not a house

Now she have a new man and say

We have bought House in Thailand together

It is his house but only in my name

Now WE will fix up house

Every Thai lady know

If at first you don't suceed

try Try again

Sooner or later you will find what I look for

Just with a different interpretation to the word

This is a scam by any definition. Posts like those from Gsxrnz and DreamRider are vacuous. There was clearly the intention to deceive and profit as most Farrangs living in Thailand are well aware. The fact that Thais are reluctance to close the legal "loopholes" that enable this unethical practice between Thai/non-Thai marriages only points to their tacit contempt for the men and morality of the west. Such behavior between Thai/Thai marriages would not be tolerated and result in shame and loss of face. And while "cool" farrangs like Gsxrnz and DreamRider pride themselves as "insiders", rationalizing what is clearly the intent to defraud is unequivocally reprehensible. This is another 'black-eye' for Thai culture and the Thai Visa is to be commended for reporting it. It's equally important to read the comments of those who have fallen into the black hole of immorality, as it adds new dimensions to the damage this practice engenders.

So you're assuming that the French guy told the truth about everything.cheesy.gif Do you really have to be an insider to realize it just's plain stupid and arrogant to try to buy another person? Do you think that because he bought her lots of gifts that she should have to submit to whatever he dishes out? Maybe something happened in those two nights together. If she were planning a scam from the start, why would she involve everyone she knew in a wedding? Wouldn't she want cash up front instead?

This is a chronic problem in Thailand today between Thai/Foreigner marriages if you are still unaware. The marriage "dowry's" use and function are of doubtful value today with modern and national and laws regarding marital rights and asset ownership laws. In a foreigner/Thai context there is a clear and well-document pattern of abuse. And that is the point. There will always be exceptions but the fact is there is sufficient fraud to advocate change and escalate the issue up the political chain of command. Thais currently just turn the other way when the victim is a middle-aged european or american male. If you are a male falang it's hard to believe that you could still be naive to the deceptions Thai women are notoriously famous for, and with good reason as this story alludes. You can play the 'devils advocate', but that's a rather foolish choice as your wallet is likely their next target.

What's the plan? Some sort of arbitration process where love-sick falangs get their money back and evil Thai women are pilloried? Won't work. You can't legislate common sense, my friend.

Usually the people who call me naive are falangs who have never been to Thailand who say that Thai women respect older men and won't take half the house like western women (true, they get the entire house). cheesy.gif This guy got off lucky.

Of course there are heaps of Thai women that take advantage of rich male falangs that to want to buy a sex slave essentially. Can you blame them? Do you think a gorgeous young woman really wants to be with a guy old enough to be her dad who doesn't even speak her language? All I'm saying is that in this case it's possible there was buyer's remorse on the part of the woman rather than fraud. Or maybe a bit of both. I'd have to hear her side of the story before I made up my mind. That makes me foolish and naive? Really?

And my wallet's safe. I'm not a male falang.

Only 276k?! Shoot, I have had gfs worse than that—and friends in ozi, with the ozi wives!!! (house, car, dog...). But seriously, that sux. Good luck with the cops. Next time try before you buy.

Has to be said, my thoughts too were that he learnt the lesson with relatively little pain.

Let's hope he's not a repeat offender.

He makes 400K/month. The French dude lost some pocket change. 276K baht was tuition for his TIT education. Look how much wiser he is now. rolleyes.gif

Maybe she just changed her mind?

Exactly, she only met him online then he shows up for the wedding, maybe she did not realize that many French people do not bath or shower regularly and after 2 days could not take the smell! Thais are very sensitive to bad odour!

Please delete this racist comment, this joke is about 70 years old and pretty lame if you want my opinion.

I don't know about the individual concerned but the statement about French hygiene is true, Nothing racist about it at all See....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2219163/One-29-French-people-dont-shower-WEEK--13-wash-hands-using-toilet.html

The only descriptive word I can think of for the bloke is.......muppet. coffee1.gif

Edit: I forgot he was French - I think it translates as Muppette

Not a muppet: Genuinely duped.

I was genuinely duped too. Except we managed to live together for 5 years before she carried out her scam. I totally believed her and she lived in the UK. A good buddhist, honest etc etc etc. But in fact a very clever liar. For the purposes of this description I will call her 'Ami'. She is a trained civil engineer and when we moved from UK to Thailand, got an MBA at the North Chiang Mai University. During this time she carried out a number of cheating scams - I reckon she cost me 5m baht or so. This included a house for her mother, god knows how many brand name handbags, a businss for her father and the careful removal of cash from the joint household account. She was travelling to Bangkok for "job interviews" but in fact having nookie with an ex-boyfriend. A very clever piece of scamming all told. I have been told that she's still seing 'farangs' and is with an American. Poor guy. I wonder how much he'll lose. For me there is no comeback. I just wish everyday that the spirits turn against her.

Over a 5 year period, taking a large chunk of your capital and then ending up with another lover isn't something that is unique to Thailand. That's pretty universal. I could change some of the details and have a similar story regarding my American, Christian ex-wife.

What he doesn't realise is the Policeman is her Uncle & this case will remain "Unsolved"

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Not even a months wages, a very inexpensive learning curve, diploma, he can do quite a few and still be lookin good...:)

My father was scammed by his wife for 20 years. She is 15 years younger than him.

When she got bored of him she announced that she was a lesbian and divorced him taking half of everything he owned, and he is quite well off.

Wait. This was in the UK...... facepalm.gif

I don't actually see how he was scammed. She promised to marry him, and she did. OK - only a country wedding, but a wedding and ceremony nonetheless. He promised to give her gifts and money, and he did.

Surely now it's purely a marital disagreement over sex (or lack thereof)?

Both parties fulfilled their obligations - he's even got wedding photos to prove it. Assuming she used her correct name and didn't hide behind a false identity, all seems fine to me. Just another dense Falang that was too eager to put his hand in his wallet without doing due diligence. coffee1.gif

She promised to marry him, with all that that entails - not just a wedding. The wedding was a requirement that she insisted on AFTER he had already wired her plane fare to France. He is honestly looking for love the best way he knows how. Let's sympathize with this man. After all, she got his hopes up and then stomped on his heart. If she wasn't sure or wasn't ready, she should not have said she was. She is 100% at fault and he is the victim. Granted, woman pull this crap on men all the time and men need to learn not to take what they say at face value. I wish him better luck next time. Hopefully, he learns his lesson not to be too trusting.

I had a nice relationship several years ago with a girl named Jeab in Udonthani. Met her family, did many activities together, but no sex. I wanted to get her alone, so I proposed a trip to Phuket for a week. She insisted we marry first. I figured why not, as long as it's just a party with the monks. Might cost $400 tops. She brought up the subject of a dowry. I asked how much? B300,000. No way! But I countered with this; I will pay your family B30,000 at the END of each successful year of marriage. I am the one who determines if it was successful. This would provide HER with a powerful incentive to be a good wife and make sure I am happy, no? She flatly refused. I immediately ended the relationship. Gotta test these biotches....

Edited by Rimmer
Profanity removed
  • Like 2

Well, here we go again, but i've got a bigger scam to report. An acquaintance of mine in the UK - a man of 53 who has never had a girlfriend - (so there's the vulnerability right there) - has just hooked up with an Isaan girl aged about 30 online, arrived in Thailand to get married - gave 1,000,000 Baht for the sin-sot and the 600-guest wedding party - spent just one week in LOS before flying home, and is now married without ever having sex with his bride !!! Worse, he was relieved of £1,200 by a visa-agent in Bangkok who must have known that the chances of him getting a Visitor Visa for his bride after ONE WEEK together come to Zero. As things stand at this moment, she is still talking about taking papers to the Embassy, AND she is asking him for 150,000 to pay her college fees for one semester. Yes, i am trying to help & advise him - but sometimes one is almost paralysed by the stupidity of it all. The way it is : DESPERATION MEETS GREED and the desperate usually get hurt and deprived of hard-earned funds. And in this man's case - it IS hard-earned. His only next step (assuming he wants to keep her) would be to spend at least 3 months in Thailand, but he is so naive and nervous (the trip to Thailand to marry her was his first-ever time out of the UK) - that i cannot see him having the courage to do it.

Exactly, she only met him online then he shows up for the wedding, maybe she did not realize that many French people do not bath or shower regularly and after 2 days could not take the smell! Thais are very sensitive to bad odour!

Please delete this racist comment, this joke is about 70 years old and pretty lame if you want my opinion.

I don't know about the individual concerned but the statement about French hygiene is true, Nothing racist about it at all See....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2219163/One-29-French-people-dont-shower-WEEK--13-wash-hands-using-toilet.html

The poll also found that the French dedicate more time to the pursuit of cleanliness, with French men spending 35 minutes a day on attending to personal hygiene and women taking an average of 46 minutes – more than all other European countries.

Says it all...

Did you even read the article you are quoting?

Edited by pistachios
  • Like 1

Sorry for the bad language, but what a prick! I hope he falls on his face on the way to the airport.

400k a month salery and he is crying about 270k at least he had a good party, probably spent nearly that on a few hundred guests and what a bloody cheap skate, 20k for a ticket to France, most returns cost 35k from Thailand and that's on a economy, you would of thought with 400k a month salery he would of at least payed for a business class flight for his future wife.

People getting scammed out of there entire life savings and he has the nerve to come to a paper naming names and looking like a tw@t for three weeks wages, many spend two weeks salery on there holiday plane tickets alone.

Go away you silly man and don't come back!

I don't actually see how he was scammed. She promised to marry him, and she did. OK - only a country wedding, but a wedding and ceremony nonetheless. He promised to give her gifts and money, and he did.

Both parties fulfilled their obligations - he's even got wedding photos to prove it. Assuming she used her correct name and didn't hide behind a false identity, all seems fine to me. Just another dense Falang that was too eager to put his hand in his wallet without doing due diligence. Posted Image

She promised to marry him, with all that that entails - not just a wedding. The wedding was a requirement that she insisted on AFTER he had already wired her plane fare to France. He is honestly looking for love the best way he knows how. Let's sympathize with this man. After all, she got his hopes up and then stomped on his heart. If she wasn't sure or wasn't ready, she should not have said she was. She is 100% at fault and he is the victim. Granted, woman pull this crap on men all the time and men need to learn not to take what they say at face value. I wish him better luck next time. Hopefully, he learns his lesson not to be too trusting.

I had a nice relationship several years ago with a girl named Jeab in Udonthani. Met her family, did many activities together, but no sex. I wanted to get her alone, so I proposed a trip to Phuket for a week. She insisted we marry first. I figured why not, as long as it's just a party with the monks. Might cost $400 tops. She brought up the subject of a dowry. I asked how much? B300,000. No way! But I countered with this; I will pay your family B30,000 at the END of each successful year of marriage. I am the one who determines if it was successful. This would provide HER with a powerful incentive to be a good wife and make sure I am happy, no? She flatly refused. I immediately ended the relationship. Gotta test these biotches....

You are right Risky11, fellow mate I totally agreed what risky11 done was right..test them if they refuse den gotta let go if not you will be the next victim..

Both parties fulfilled their obligations - he's even got wedding photos to prove it. Assuming she used her correct name and didn't hide behind a false identity, all seems fine to me. Just another dense Falang that was too eager to put his hand in his wallet without doing due diligence. :coffee1:

Nah, he is a fool, he got what was good for him, no one is really a looser, she got some money, he got a good party, a trip to Thailand and a awakening to the real world out side of his office and paris apartment all for three weeks wages, lucky git.

Any one who believes they are going to find a true love after 4 months of Internet discussions at the age of 60 to a beautiful young girl in a country where the average wage is below €400 has is head stuck in the clouds and really needs to wake up.

No sympathy, no law broken even in the west the police wouldn't even give you 5mins, he payed for a wedding he got a wedding, he hoped for love he was not awake.

• Like 2

When do some people realize that you can't buy love, nor friends.-wai2.gif

He told police he spent 276,000 baht in dowry gifts for the woman, including engagement ring, gold, iPad, and iPhone. He said he also bought a brand-name bag worth of 50,000 baht as a surprise gift to Ms. Pitchayanun. After the ceremony, Mr. Michel said, he and Ms. Pitchayanun spent 2 nights at a hotel in the province′s town center.

Stupidity at its best. I know some girls who'd only ask for 136,000 baht per night to stay with this guy.I'd empty my digestive system in this bag, but only if it's not a copy..-w00t.gif

Perhaps there is a need for a "french version" of Thai Visa.... On second thought, forget I said that. As everyone stated, at least losing the cow was less costly than losing the farm.... She might have felt pity for him. My Asian Marriage was a few million baht more painful... Frankly, I was happy to pay the few million rather than chew my own arm off to get away.

Moral of the story- don't buy it- rent it. It is cheaper in the long run and will save you a whole lot of headache.

And if you must buy it, for any reason, do a few test drives before.

Edited by tomacht8

A minority of French people do not bathe regularly, but another study has found that French people are the cleanest in Europe: http://www.france24.com/en/20110628-french-are-cleanest-europe-study-hygiene-united-minds-teva-poll-stereotype

Edited by GuyL