Thai language schools Phuket

nisims

I asked a question in another forum without much luck, can anyone advise on which schools are regarded as good for learning Thai with and just happen to offer ed visa, does not matter where on the island they are based & I understand some teach different methods, it seems Patong school has a good rep, thats all I have been able to find out.

thanks

You might try Walen language school in Chalong. Now before I get bashed for pushing a forum sponsor, I know some friends who have used Walen for Ed Visa and they all praise the teaching methods. At least worth a look. See the sponsor banner on this page for details.

I suppose it "does not matter where on the island they are based" because you will not be showing up to class anyway. :) :) :) :)

Sigh Sigh NKM - you are such a cynic. Folks I know on Ed visa are keen to learn Thai and get some value from the fees.

I suppose it "does not matter where on the island they are based" because you will not be showing up to class anyway. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Sigh Sigh NKM - you are such a cynic. Folks I know on Ed visa are keen to learn Thai and get some value from the fees.

Yes, many are genuine, but let's be honest, many are not.

It's the "doesn't matter where on the island they are based" and the fact the OP has 3 posts that caught my eye. smile.pngsmile.png

A quick google search reveals this previoius thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/480875-thai-immigration-crackdown-on-ed-visas/

nisims - if you are genuine, I wish you the best.

Edited by NamKangMan

Thanks I will have a look at Walen website again, the reason I am not bothered too much where on the island the schools are based is because I have not decided on where I will be located, still in the UK, I also know its better to have taster lessons at different schools but I wanted to sort out here, so rather than pick any school I thought I would ask, maybe there is little difference in the schools, I would prefer to attend & learn at least for the 1st year :), I do understand there is great misuse of the visa.

If you don't need the ED, going to a Thai language school is a waste of time/money. Self study, learn 10 new Thai words every day for an extended period. And work you way through Fundamentals of the Thai language which can be downloaded for free. And of course stop using English when talking to Thais as soon as you can.

If you keep it up long enough, at some point you will notice you don't understand the Thai English anymore. Even less understandable than the British English, which makes you want to call in an Australian to help interpreting..

No idea, I just booked my first lesson for earlt next week - via my secretary, as I have no need of the Ed Visa

Just asking as the desperate use this avenue to reside here long term with no intention to study.

How much do they charge for these Thai language lessons, and how much is the cost of the Ed Visa?

Surely it's cheaper, and less time consuming, over the year, to simply do visa runs.

No idea, I just booked my first lesson for earlt next week - via my secretary, as I have no need of the Ed Visa

Just asking as the desperate use this avenue to reside here long term with no intention to study.

Yup - but I have 100% valid work permit, the lessons are for personal development only

For self learning I liked Learn Thai in Bon's way as she breaks down the words to parts and explains which each part of the word means. This speeds up the learning process.

For example nam kang, breaks to water and hard. When nom is milk, then obviously nom kang means butter or ice cream.. wait! :)

http://bonthai.blogspot.com/search/label/Lessons%20from%20youtube?updated-max=2010-03-13T15:22:00%2B02:00&max-results=20&start=20&by-date=false

or Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/bononstage