Ang Thong: Police Warn Of Fake 500 Baht Banknotes Circulation

webfact

Fake Police, Fake Government, Fake Policies, now Fake Notes!

Fake love relationships, fake compliments ("hey handsome man"), fake orgasms, fake Vuittons...

Totally harmless if you have commons sense (= a solid bullshit detector) and ENJOY the essence of Thailand.

Fake Police, Fake Government, Fake Policies, now Fake Notes!

Fake love relationships, fake compliments ("hey handsome man"), fake orgasms, fake Vuittons...

Totally harmless if you have commons sense (= a solid bullshit detector) and ENJOY the essence of Thailand.

"Fake love relationships, fake compliments ("hey handsome man"), fake orgasms, fake Vuittons..."

Yes but most people who find those things here are unable to find/afford/generate the real ones.

Edited by Suradit69

a quick check on his costumers list would revail who payed cash right?

By it that he doesn't takes notes...well fake notes.

Very sorry, but did you ever buy anything over here, most of the time all you get is a Cash Receipt, noone ever asked me my name or address when I went to buy anything, please keep us updated.

• Like 1

Simple measures : never pay a 20 baht charge with a 1000 baht bank note to avoid getting a 500 baht note in return. Always get your 1000 and 500 baht notes from a bank; check it there BEFORE leaving the bank. As for 100 baht notes and lower denominations, there is not much check on these although it has been documented that counterfeit notes are also circulating.

The Bank of Thailand entertains a section on how to check counterfeits (yes in English !):

http://www.bot.or.th/English/Banknotes/Pages/howtocheck.aspx

In New Jersey USA, we had counterfeit bills that were from real currency with the ink washed off from a $5 bill & printed with a $100. The feel remained the same & the counterfeit pen test obviously didn't work. But holding it up to the light, one could see the Lincoln head & USA $5 strip, which was the give away.

In New Jersey USA, we had counterfeit bills that were from real currency with the ink washed off from a $5 bill & printed with a $100. The feel remained the same & the counterfeit pen test obviously didn't work. But holding it up to the light, one could see the Lincoln head & USA $5 strip, which was the give away.

Which is why in most countries notes of different denominations are different in size!

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Identifying a fake is often about the feel, it's often very possible to identify a fake with your eyes closed.

The real notes have a texture that is very difficult for the counterfeiter to replicate.

Some hints on what to look for with relation to the position of the serial number would be useful, though I'm not 100% certain I'd want to alert the police If i found one in my wallet, I believe possession of such a note is an offense and not just the attempt to use one. As such, it's up top the discretion of the policeman to charge you or not when you walk into the police station and admit to just having one.. getting out of the police station may cost you more than 500 baht!

This really is such a silly post. the BIB are dreadful but reporting a crime? no way