Guns Rule In This Cowboy Town

george

As an ex Royal Marine I spent my military years around fire arms and that did not make me a gun freak.

Seems that most ex-military, ex-police, and people who have been on a regular base around gun related violence are more than cautious in the issue of guns for all. Hmmm... :D:o

Maybe because some exmilitary or expolice have been on the recieving ends of guns, like myself shot twice in active service,as far as americans carrying guns, thats like asking a hungry tiger to guard a lump of meat,the only reasons the US ask for Britain and Australian troops to support them is so the us troops have something to shoot At!!the gun culture is world wide and automatic weapons are available everywhere!! we even had a running gun battle here in sleepy Ningi between bikey gangs last sunday afternoon,Kin ell folks!! life is too short ,there will always be gun carrying thais, in closing a bit of thai trivia first english person shot by a thai civilian was on monday 29/11/1965 at 2130 I know I was there!! :D Nignoy

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Fiance', her Father, and I went to the Thai Navy range in Samutprakarn a couple months ago when we got her a lovely 9mm. She carries all the time and everyone feels much better now that she dose. I only wish I could carry too :D what a lame rule that we can't carry guns. We (foregners) get victimized too. In the States I'm licenced and carry a Glock model 22 .40cal. In Iraq I pack a classic, Colt 1911 .45. I would like the Glock for Thailand, I would think with all the humidity the .45 would require much more cleaning and attention.

and if you were allowed to "pack a piece" in thailand - what the f*** would you do with it...

you sure as sh*t couldnt use it - point it another farrang and youve got a problem if they've got one too - point it at a local and you'll be watching your back for the rest of your days - and if you did use it im fairly sure you couldnt rely on the thai legal system to give you a fair trial, even if it was in defense... your ass would be in jail without a second thought....

Better all of the horrible secnerios you mentioned than to be dead, paralized, helpless while my home is robbed and my family victimized.

AND, if we were aloud leagly to carry, Legal defence, as always, would be a matter of money... While I am not what I would consider rich yet, I got enough to fight the case or enough to find a alternitive solotion.

You deserve to be shot for your spelling and grammar. :o

Did u lern two ryte on AOL or smthng?

Not sure how I came to be reading 3 year old thread, but "Cpt_MOney_SOft" who got a deserved hammering for his gormless post (above) doesn't appear to have posted since, and neither has "Jamesairsoft" who resurrected it 2 years ago.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Better all of the horrible secnerios you mentioned than to be dead, paralized, helpless while my home is robbed and my family victimized.

AND, if we were aloud leagly to carry, Legal defence, as always, would be a matter of money... While I am not what I would consider rich yet, I got enough to fight the case or enough to find a alternitive solotion.

Seems to be a contradiction in your usage. A gun at home can belong to spouse. Too damned many people don't have the training / skill to safely handle weapons. Others don't have the emotional / mental discipline to "carry".

At one point in my life I was U.S. Army qualified with; M-1, M-14, M-60, B.A.R., .45 .. but I wouldn't even consider carrying a handgun now.

A B.A.R. .. now that's a different matter! :o

Guns and country folk. Our farm was 30 miles outside of town. I didn’t know anyone who had less than three guns.

No body got shot and no body got robbed. No body locked the door to their house or car.

Did you know chickens can fly? “Dad, the chickens are in the tree again.” Bang, chickens are out of the tree and we are having chicken stew tonight.

Granny did shoot some strange things because her eyesight was getting real poor. And I shot the neighbors pet duck because he was in our vegetable garden for the twentieth time. But I bought the little girl a new duck. I would shoot a couple of deer a year and a few wild turkeys and some wild boar. The wild turkeys were the hardest to shoot and the boar the most dangerous. We ate them all and shared with the neighbors as they did with us. I taught all of my children how to shoot with a single shot high powered .25 cal. air rifle.

City folk are not the same as country folk. I have never heard a farmer complain about his neighbor having guns.

I have never seen a farm without a gun. I didn’t know anyone with an AK-47 but everyone had a shotgun, deer rifle and a couple of 22’s.

Good post, Mark. I'm also a country boy and an occasional (then) hunter. Mostly we hunted quail .. dam_n those things fry up nice. :o

Dad would take a Mallard now and then when they landed on our pond .. for food, not sport.

I also tried some bow hunting .. never got a deer. But it was fun being in the woods during bow season .. no high-powered rifles to worry about.

In our house we had 4 12 ga shotguns and 2 .22 bolt action rifles. High powered rifles with scopes are just not very sporting, IMO. And yes, we left the front door open. Dad always said that someone might come to visit while we were all away, and shouldn't have to wait outside.

The law is going to be passed through the house soon and only some conservatives have scrambled to the defence of for example air-rifles (BB-guns, for you americans).

Some of us "americans" know the difference between an air-rifle and a [spring propulsion] BB-gun. Perhaps you don't.

Now I keep a Paul Chen Katana under my bed. I figure the sight of a naked Farang slashing around with a Katana in the middle of the night is enough to frighten away any Thai burglar.

LOLOL!!!!

One day the wife being in an angry mood had had enough and when the hen started flogging her she wrung the chickens neck and left it lay on the floor of the coop for a couple of hours.

The other chickens got the message and were very polite from then on. I had bothersome soi dogs. They would bite at my ankles when I walked home late at night. One night I got out Mr. Chen’s Katana and beheaded the meanest of the dogs. I went to the Wat the next day to pray for my sins. But I have to tell you that the soi dogs no longer bite at my ankles.

I tried to talk to the soi dogs and I am sure my wife tried to talk to the chickens. There are times when talking does not do the trick.

GREAT post, Mark! :o