Refused double entry in Laos

I was just refused double entry.My agency where i booked the trip called the embassy just to check and i cannot get it. I came to Thailand in 2011 and i made 1 year ED visa and 2x double entry in Laos.

It seems 3rd time i can't make.I can't even make a single entry.Also bunch of others were refused too,apparently same story. My agency told that they just changed head immigration officer in there so they didn't know "how is him".Well now they do.

So i have a choice doing ED visa again or going back home and come again(maybe take new passport but i still got 5,6 blank pages for visa)

So just a notice to everyone to backup their plan.

Edited by thaichalina

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thaichalina, the Thai embassy in Laos does not issue visas. There are two Thai consulates in Laos, one in Vientiane, the other in Savannakhet. I believe it will be useful for the readers of this topic if you will kindly indicate at which of these consulates you made your application. Thank you.

The reason why the consulate refused a new tourist visa must have been that they doubted that after this long time you already spent in Thailand – one year for study, followed by close to another year for tourism – your real purpose to travel to Thailand this time was indeed for the purpose of tourism.

The OP apparently never applied for the visa. He was just told he could not get it by an agent.

Perhaps a bit of miscomunication between agent and embassy.

OP did you get the tourtist visas before or after the ED visa?

If before you should be able to get another tourist visa there because you broke the chain of visas when you got the ED visa.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

The reason why the consulate refused a new tourist visa must have been that they doubted that after this long time you already spent in Thailand – one year for study, followed by close to another year for tourism – your real purpose to travel to Thailand this time was indeed for the purpose of tourism.

thaichalina, the Thai embassy in Laos does not issue visas. There are two Thai consulates in Laos, one in Vientiane, the other in Savannakhet. I believe it will be useful for the readers of this topic if you will kindly indicate at which of these consulates you made your application. Thank you.

I'm talking about consulate in Vientiane.

And yes like i said i made 1x ed + 2 double entry but still is a bit strange why i they refused to even give me single entry.There are many people that go with over 2,3x double entries.And i paid everything through agency so it should be easier but still it happened. Just a reminder to always have a backup plan.

The OP apparently never applied for the visa. He was just told he could not get it by an agent.

If before you should be able to get another tourist visa there because you broke the chain of visas when you got the ED visa.

That's right.I never applied in there.I did give money for visa+trip(in pattaya agency) and later was told i couldn't make it so i got money back. Basically which means i can go to Laos but i couldn't come back.

I get first ED visa in 2011 and than a year after 2xdouble.Why?

Can you explain what you mean by broke the chain of visas? You mean it could be better if i make 2x double entry first and then ED visa and then again i could make double entry?(this is probably what you mean by "broke the chain"?)

Edited by thaichalina

May I ask what your real reason for wishing to stay in Thailand is ?

Tourists reason.Why is that even important?

Long holiday over 2 years, its a valid question, as we all know there are many boiler room workers, illegal teachers, illegal website designers etc that are here on tourist visas and working. I wish I could have had a holiday lasting longer than two years befor I reached 50 years old

I get that there are some illegal workers but there are also "tourist like me". I can stay because my work/salary is based on youtube channel which give me solid income every month. I don't think i'm braking any rules with that.

Edited by thaichalina
  • Like 1

You have been holidaying inThailand for 2 years? Can you explain how getting a new passport will help in getting a new visa? Although not 100% efficient yet passports are supposedly linked electronically now, just curious

You have been holidaying inThailand for 2 years? Can you explain how getting a new passport will help in getting a new visa? Although not 100% efficient yet passports are supposedly linked electronically now, just curious

Well if i go back home and get new passport with all blank pages i can start all over again.That's how i've been told

Thai immigration have computers now. It won't matter if you have a new passport as they check your name and birthday in the database. Funny how some people think getting a new passport somehow is like becoming a different person. there are other options for you but new passport won't solve anything

Of course they have a computer,but once you go back home and come again you're starting again as a ordinary tourist not as someone who is 2-3 years living here constantly from back to back visas right?

Jtrmedic I believe you pick something that interests a wide audience, make lots of short videos per week doing / showing / talking on the subject - build a subscriber base and then reap the benefits from youtube putting ads on all your videos

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i can stay because my work/salary is based on youtube channel which give me solid income every month. I don't think i'm braking any rules with that.so you work in Thailand its illegal

thaichalina

Well if really you want to split a hair. If you see some elder carrying a heavy bag from Big C and you help him/her,in return he gives you 50baht well that's working too.(it's a lousy example but you see where i'm getting at)

But we got to far off topic.

• Like 1

i can stay because my work/salary is based on youtube channel which give me solid income every month. I don't think i'm braking any rules with that.so you work in Thailand its illegal

thaichalina

Well if really you want to split a hair. If you see some elder carrying a heavy bag from Big C and you help him/her,in return he gives you 50baht well that's working too.(it's a lousy example but you see where i'm getting at)

But we got to far off topic.

Actually, Ayutthaya is correct and very much on topic.

That's why it's difficult to get an unlimited number of consecutive tourist visas. They know you are working in Thailand but can't prove it.

Thai immigration have computers now. It won't matter if you have a new passport as they check your name and birthday in the database. Funny how some people think getting a new passport somehow is like becoming a different person. there are other options for you but new passport won't solve anything

nana cowboys comments are inaccurate.

Ive had multiple tripple entry and single entries on my old passport. Then got a new passport in bangkok, flew home to the motherland for a quick holiday and then with the new passport got another valid visa at the consulate.

Thailands consulates are not sophisticated enough to link all the databases- come on..... this is thailand we are talking about!

• Like 2

That's right.I never applied in there.I did give money for visa+trip(in pattaya agency) and later was told i couldn't make it so i got money back. Basically which means i can go to Laos but i couldn't come back.

I get first ED visa in 2011 and than a year after 2xdouble.Why?

Can you explain what you mean by broke the chain of visas? You mean it could be better if i make 2x double entry first and then ED visa and then again i could make double entry?(this is probably what you mean by "broke the chain"?)

If you had gotten the ED after the visas it would of broken the chain

Why would you not be able to come back. Are you not from one the countries that can get a 15 day visa exempt entry. If that is the case the embassy would of issued you a transit visa good for 15 days.

Most reports have been that Vientiane would issue up to 3 back to back visas. They normally do not refuse the visas. They issue the visa (possibly a single) and put a stamp in passport telling you that it is the last one.

You do not really have to use a visa run service. Getting to Vientiane is not hard to do by yourself.

Nok Air now has flights listed as being to Vientiane that are fly/ride service to there via Udon Thani.

Another option for your visa is Savannakhet Laos across the river from Mukdahan.

Edited by ubonjoe

As far as I know you can only stay for 1 year on consecutive tourist visas before you have to get a Non-Imm or stay out of the country for 90 days.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

That is incorrect.

There is no time limit on how long you can stay on consecuative tourist visas, nor is there a requirement to stay out of the country for 90 days.