Flupke's Pics

flupke

error

Hi Flupke,

I knew you were an errorist! But I didn't tell anybody.

I have always had a weak spot for errorists.

Be sure that you are under surveillance from now on!

Be extra careful when you bike in the Ban Du area :D

By the way, about the expat photo exhibition:

One American, two Dutch, two Thai (guest-expats), one Irish and one German showed interest already.

So if everybody shows up with an average of four pictures, we already have 28 pictures.

The idea is to collect about 80 to 100 pictures.

Can I add a Belgian to the list?

Greetings,

Limbo :o

error

Hi Flupke,

I knew you were an errorist! But I didn't tell anybody.

I have always had a weak spot for errorists.

Be sure that you are under surveillance from now on!

Be extra careful when you bike in the Ban Du area :D

By the way, about the expat photo exhibition:

One American, two Dutch, two Thai (guest-expats), one Irish and one German showed interest already.

So if everybody shows up with an average of four pictures, we already have 28 pictures.

The idea is to collect about 80 to 100 pictures.

Can I add a Belgian to the list?

Greetings,

Hi Limbo,

Can I get some info on this photo exhibition, please?

Like, what size prints to give, and how?

Thanks...

Hi Limbo,

Can I get some info on this photo exhibition, please?

Like, what size prints to give, and how?

Thanks...

Hi Ajarn,

In principal everybody is free to decide the size of his own pictures. Ok, a little bit bigger than stamps of course, because the picture generally must be looked at from a distance of about halve a meter (a guideline of a meter being even better).

Some might have nice groupings (series of one theme) of pictures and choose for a smaller size and others might want to show only one, two or three pictures of a bigger size.

Very detailed pictures ask for bigger sizes, and so on.

The bulk of the exhibition will probably consist of A4 size.

The framing of the pictures will also visually manipulate the size of the whole.

There are different ways to do this, the pictures can also be adhered to a carton, foam or plastic board etc. Or they can be framed with or even without glass, to avoid reflection of the light.

My idea is to make a vivid presentation, not the usual one with a long row of pictures on the same hight, which makes you giving up after looking at ten pictures because you have got a stiff neck already.

There will be a big variety. Some pictures will have a very high esthetical and artistic value, others will be interesting because of their oddity, because of their documentational value, some because they are just charming etc etc.

There are no rules. It is not the type of exhibition based on 'please contribute with a picture of your local temple, your local village-chief in front of his car, your wife and children and, if you have them, your dog or cat'.

That might be fun as well, but we would miss out on all the other things you unexpected may show up with.

When we know how 'the product' is going to look like, we will go and look for an appropriate location (or locations) to hold the exhibition.

We are even gratefull if contribuants send us some pictures on vcd's so we can go to the shop and have them printed. Maybe it is possible to send them from abroad by e-mail and still preserve technical quality to an acceptable level.

Some sponsors will certainly help to cover some costs which will have to me made. We talk about peanuts here.

If things turn out nice, the exhibition can be shown at other locations. We can let it, or a selection of it, travel around a little bit.

Anyhow, any idea's are welcome. Nothing is fixed yet. And if possible, it won't even get fixed.

We are not going to put limitations on the whole thing before it even started.

The only limitation (sorry, I forgot) is the relation with Chiang Rai province.

Haha, don't worry, it is going to work!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...