Vinigar , And Balsamic

jammi

The only supermarket that hasn't already been listed that sells balsamic vinegar is Villa- there is one opposite emporium shopping centre and one on paholyothin soi 8.

There are also many foodland outlets that will also sell what your looking for. Tops marketplace should be a winner as well - they have outlets behind emporium and wireless road and central chidlom.

Good luck.

Seems very easy to get so why have i never seen it at a restuarant? i have eaten at alot of western restaurants also thai and japanese but never found viniger. How do u say viniger in thai not the spelling but how u say it that might help.

Seems very easy to get so why have i never seen it at a restuarant? i have eaten at alot of western restaurants also thai and japanese but never found viniger. How do u say viniger in thai not the spelling but how u say it that might help.

Tesco Rangsit and Tesco Pathum Thani both have a selection of vinegars, white, malt, balsamic, red wine, apple etc etc. so I'm quite surprised our OP hasn't seen it, maybe just looking in the wrong place :o It's next to the cooking oils and pepper etc. in both these stores

Thai for vinegar is "naam-som-saai-chuu" (according to my dictionary that is).

• 3 weeks later...

Barry......most likely is because it is too costly and since Thais don't really use it as one of thier condiments on a daily basis, I doubt if the establishment wants to buy it just for one or two calls in a month or so by westerners...I agree, its even tough to get mustard for a sandwich sometimes...suggestion...buy a small bottle and take it with you when you go out to eat......happy dining. :o