Third foreigner arrested in Phuket anti-overstay campaign

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can think of a litany of things that would be 100 times more important for the police to be doing instead of this "grandstanding b.s.".

Maybe. On the other hand, there is a recent threads on TV about immigration, that they should do something about the illegals. So to some this is important.

It's all revenue raising.

Thai visas raise big money for the Thai Banks and the Thai Government.

Lock a few overstayers up, and it sends a message to all to keep the "visa run industry" doing well and to keep your 850,000 baht in the bank, untouched.

The irony is, they deport these guys, yet, in a way, they do still contribute to the local economy, as consumers.

These guys didn't just get arrested of overstaying, also because of ignorance. I bet these super undercover special immigration cops just checked the address which the over stayers given in their arrival cards or old visas. Then followed them, maybe to find a bigger nest of overstayers :) When they realized it was just a solo-overstayer, they grabbed him.

Edited by SoFarAndNear
  • Like 2

These guys didn't just get arrested of overstaying, also because of ignorance. I bet these super undercover special immigration cops just checked the address which the over stayers given in their arrival cards or old visas.

i know youd think if your guna overstay you would move about a bit more,,less of a chance of being caught,,,cos they aint the brightest,,bless em,,,cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Another major criminal arrest. Amazing.

Sorry, but I live in Southern California and they catch hundreds of Mexican illegals per day. This would hardly be newsworthy.

Obviously they are just trying to scare people into not overstaying.

Can't see why they would parade a farang before the cameras like this as though they just busted a major narcotics ring

Let's not forget about the thousands upon thousands of Thai staying in the West illegally.

Source?

LOL... You're joking right?

If there is no evidence, it didn't happen I'm afraid.

“This is not the first time he has overstayed. He was arrested before at Phuket International Airport for the same thing.

Maybe its time to institute a three strikes rule

wow, three time overstay and the immigration guys still don't get it.....he don't care clap2.gif

These guys didn't just get arrested of overstaying, also because of ignorance. I bet these super undercover special immigration cops just checked the address which the over stayers given in their arrival cards or old visas.

i know youd think if your guna overstay you would move about a bit more,,less of a chance of being caught,,,cos they aint the brightest,,bless em,,,cheesy.gif

Wasn't the one earlier in the week also nabbed just metres from the Imm office? Maybe they only target the ones living nearby!

“This is not the first time he has overstayed. He was arrested before at Phuket International Airport for the same thing.

Maybe its time to institute a three strikes rule

What three strikes and you get permanent residenceclap2.gif

• Like 1

iF YOUR WIFE WAS HOSPITALISED YOU WOULD HVE HAD NO PROBLEM GETTING AN EXTENSION UP TO 90 DAYS SO WHY THE OVERSTAY?

Alright, no need to shout at the guy... ;) Maybe he just had more important things on his mind at the time. It's sorted and it's a nice wee story and he offered anyone else help. Like I'd offer to help as well and show you where the caps lock key is on the keyboard... lol... :)

• Like 2

yeah, its not like hotels are required to send a copy of your visa to immigration when you book into a new room Edited by wwex
  • Like 1

Sorry, but I live in Southern California and they catch hundreds of Mexican illegals per day. This would hardly be newsworthy.

Can't see why they would parade a farang before the cameras like this as though they just busted a major narcotics ring

Yes but they don't get a fine, they just get a free trip back into Mexico so they can try it again! clap2.gif

Well, well dome congratulations, this just tells me what bunch of _____ the authorities and governing bodies really are, all the real hard problems in this country and they cant seen to do anything past .5%, but now they have decided to concentrate so much effort into exporting westerners who really don't course that much of a problem, not getting rid of immigrants from neighbouring countries that really wouldn't take much time there all over Bangkok begging on the streets, or how about concentrating efforts on finding somewhere for al those children begging or labouring on the streets somewhere to live and get a education, s e basic clothes and a meal.

Congratulations well done to those in that proud picture.

They're just doing their jobs: 1) maintaining a high profile in tourist-related incidents which will trigger the imagination and engender debate between tourists, hang-arounds, and TV posters . . . .2) Police are supposed to enforce all laws of the land, are they not? So, in accordance with job number one, when you have no real crimes solved . . . .

Let's not forget about the thousands upon thousands of Thai staying in the West illegally.

Source?

LOL... You're joking right?

No, I'm not. Where's your evidence that there are 'thousands upon thousands' of Thais living illegally in the west?

Edited by RogueLeader
  • Like 1

nearly every second week 2 vans pull up to my construction site and get out and harass my workers, asking if they are Thai or foreigners. I employ 22 Thai workers and they still come every 2 weeks wanting tea money , and they dont get a baht from my construction site . give them 10 out of 10 for trying , only wish they would do it for their real job

nearly every second week 2 vans pull up to my construction site and get out and harass my workers, asking if they are Thai or foreigners. I employ 22 Thai workers and they still come every 2 weeks wanting tea money , and they dont get a baht from my construction site . give them 10 out of 10 for trying , only wish they would do it for their real job

Good job!!

You farang complainers should stop criticizing the Thai immigration authorities and simply obey the law.

and whose law do they follow , i see them all the time trying to get tea money from sites ...their law in practice , you should get out once in a while and see the real world.

• Like 1

They're just doing their jobs: 1) maintaining a high profile in tourist-related incidents which will trigger the imagination and engender debate between tourists, hang-arounds, and TV posters . . . .2) Police are supposed to enforce all laws of the land, are they not? So, in accordance with job number one, when you have no real crimes solved . . . .

So they caught another one? Hopefully that was the last one. I have been scared to go out at night because of all the bad overstayers.....

But seriously, overstayers knows what they are doing and what they are risking, so no sympathy from me. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

why do these dills get themselves into the overstay scenario, got me beat

I reckon there are two possible reasons.

1. (popular) They are dills

or...

2. They simply don't give a stuff and are well off enough to handle the fee on departure.

No. 1's probably the goer though. smile.png

EDIT: I have actually met a couple guys that fell into reason "2". The hassle of extending/and or renewing a visa wasn't worth wasting their time on. They were loaded enough (apparently) to write off the fines.

Still "dills" though ... if they want to have future visits to LOS.

Edited by Fullstop

Well, well dome congratulations, this just tells me what bunch of _____ the authorities and governing bodies really are, all the real hard problems in this country and they cant seen to do anything past .5%, but now they have decided to concentrate so much effort into exporting westerners who really don't course that much of a problem, not getting rid of immigrants from neighbouring countries that really wouldn't take much time there all over Bangkok begging on the streets, or how about concentrating efforts on finding somewhere for al those children begging or labouring on the streets somewhere to live and get a education, s e basic clothes and a meal.

Tell us what you really think.

Congratulations well done to those in that proud picture.