Third foreigner arrested in Phuket anti-overstay campaign

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can think of a litany of things that would be 100 times more important for the police to be doing instead of this "grandstanding b.s.".

Maybe. On the other hand, there is a recent threads on TV about immigration, that they should do something about the illegals. So to some this is important.

It's all revenue raising.

Thai visas raise big money for the Thai Banks and the Thai Government.

Lock a few overstayers up, and it sends a message to all to keep the "visa run industry" doing well and to keep your 850,000 baht in the bank, untouched.

The irony is, they deport these guys, yet, in a way, they do still contribute to the local economy, as consumers.

These guys didn't just get arrested of overstaying, also because of ignorance. I bet these super undercover special immigration cops just checked the address which the over stayers given in their arrival cards or old visas. Then followed them, maybe to find a bigger nest of overstayers :) When they realized it was just a solo-overstayer, they grabbed him.

Edited by SoFarAndNear
  • Like 2

These guys didn't just get arrested of overstaying, also because of ignorance. I bet these super undercover special immigration cops just checked the address which the over stayers given in their arrival cards or old visas.

i know youd think if your guna overstay you would move about a bit more,,less of a chance of being caught,,,cos they aint the brightest,,bless em,,,cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Another major criminal arrest. Amazing.

Sorry, but I live in Southern California and they catch hundreds of Mexican illegals per day. This would hardly be newsworthy.

Obviously they are just trying to scare people into not overstaying.

Can't see why they would parade a farang before the cameras like this as though they just busted a major narcotics ring

Let's not forget about the thousands upon thousands of Thai staying in the West illegally.

Source?

LOL... You're joking right?

If there is no evidence, it didn't happen I'm afraid.

“This is not the first time he has overstayed. He was arrested before at Phuket International Airport for the same thing.

Maybe its time to institute a three strikes rule

wow, three time overstay and the immigration guys still don't get it.....he don't care clap2.gif

These guys didn't just get arrested of overstaying, also because of ignorance. I bet these super undercover special immigration cops just checked the address which the over stayers given in their arrival cards or old visas.

i know youd think if your guna overstay you would move about a bit more,,less of a chance of being caught,,,cos they aint the brightest,,bless em,,,cheesy.gif

Wasn't the one earlier in the week also nabbed just metres from the Imm office? Maybe they only target the ones living nearby!