Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand

webfact

Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand and comes complete with logo of Nazi leader in a bow tie
Bizarre restaurant opened last month in Bangkok
Images of Hitler have also been seen on t-shirts in Thailand

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

BANGKOK: -- Schoolchildren dressing up as Nazis and a billboard advert showing Hitler were just the start.

Thailand's obsession with so-called 'Nazis chic' just won't go away - and now a fried chicken takeaway called Hitler - complete with a logo showing the Nazi leader in a bow tie - has opened its doors.

The bizarre restaurant opened last month in Thailand and images of it are doing the rounds on Twitter as shocked customers take photos of the offensive eatery.

The fascist dictator's head has been grafted onto the body of bow-tie wearing Colonel Sanders, the founder of KFC.
Among the grub on sale includes fried chicken and chips, burgers and kebabs.

Londoner Andrew Spooner, who spotted the takeaway, tweeted: 'Very bizarre Hitler Fried Chicken shop in Thailand. I kid you not. Complete with pic of Hitler in bow tie.

Alan Robertson, 43, who lives in Bangkok, said: 'The place opened last month and nobody quite knows what to make of it.

'I went in for a bite last week and got some fried chicken, which was pretty good, and asked the guy behind the counter why it was called Hitler.

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2356705/Fried-chicken-takeaway-called-Hitler-opens-Thailand-comes-complete-logo-Nazi-leader-bow-tie.html

-- Daily Mail 2013-07-05

• Like 1

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mao is still on the currency of China and he killed more people than Hitler (if you want to look at history in these childishly simplistic ways) but everyone still wants their made in China iPhones. It's westerners who need to get over their obsession with Hitler, not Thais.

What Mao did was just as wrong but he isn't all of china just as hitler was not all of Austria and Germany. If the Chinese people are ever truly given freedom then I'm sure his reputation will be viewed in its true light.

• Like 1

Mao is still on the currency of China and he killed more people than Hitler (if you want to look at history in these childishly simplistic ways) but everyone still wants their made in China iPhones. It's westerners who need to get over their obsession with Hitler, not Thais.

I think hitler was responsible for more deaths than Mao. At least 25 million people died during his war in Russia. But as you say numbers are childish when the true horror of the nazi regime was its industrialisation of genocide.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Not much we can do about this I suppose although it would be good if Thai children could be taught about Hitler and the Nazis if they aren't already.

Of course if companies like KFC and McDonalds decide to take action against what is obviously a misuse of their copyright and possibly deformation then tough.

If someone in maybe the USA or Israel for example decide that using something Thai in a way that offends them, then again tough.

I wonder are these stories shown in the USA or Israel? If they are then that's 2 countries the PM might want to cross of her shopping/photo-op to do list.

• Like 2