Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand

webfact

Will be interesting to see if Pepsi don't step in and have their logo removed from this business, probably today.

Also the whole Swastika thing has been done to death here, Hitler adopted it's use from it's original use as a symbol of auspiciousness and good.

Every side in a war consider themselves to be "right" so you can't really blame Hitler or Germany for that.

The other point, generally when used as a Nazi symbol it is rotated at 45° degrees vs the original square on design.

As for Hitler Fried Chicken this might act as a opportunity for education about WWII and the role Thailand, Japan played which is an area of unknown to the average educated Thai. I've read Thailand didn't have a good experience with their Japanese allies so I expect it was a face saving exercise to ignore the event as soon as possible as per the Thai way.

Someone motivated with Thai language skills could use this for a social media education program.

Linking to some of the war crimes carried out under Hitler would wake up these people through education of the Smart phone carrying kids the adults only watch TV and so are beyond reach or learning.

How about idiots riding around wearing nazi shape helmets with ZZ on it?

Interesting article on this exact subject from the US and not a Thai in sight....whistling.gif

http://bikersofamerica.blogspot.it/2011/01/highway-to-heil-how-common-is-nazi.html

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

may be worth considering what your life would be like if say the Germans or Japanese had their way 70's ago. the entire world would be marching under a different tune. Forgiving is a noble gesture although I would suggest a futile gesture to those personally exposed to Hitler. Forgetting is an easy alternative to learning, creating your own true perspective and recognising traits not to idolise and appropriately guide the generations ahead. Borrowing some well know words (paraphrasing) , those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Good question, but most extremist governments calm down after a few years in power, and there wouldn't have been the cold war.

Not sure I really care who is in charge of the world banks, the current lot don't seem to be doing that good a job though.

You have got to be trolling. facepalm.gif

Talking of the history of Siam. Surely everybody knows that Thailand has never been conquered. Because they threw their hands in cahoots with the filthy murderous evil Japs in WW2. wai2.gif

I'm sure I read that the Thai PM, of whatever his title was during WW2, wanted Thailand to side what the Japanese, and was stopped by the Thai people themselves.

How many pages will this have by Monday?

Without MOd intervention ....25 +

anyway I for one am getting tired of the Nazi fried chicken debate, but to stay within the foodie theme...going to post some comments on Yingluck's ice cream group thread...instead..laugh.png

charmonman - he is not American! Look at what he is saying here...

-You are almost right! He (whatever he chooses to call himself here) is a disgrace to a concept of 'human'.

When I hear things like this thing announces I lose my civility. And I'm not looking for it right this instance.

Believe me, I don't care about some cheap trick, like calling restaurant 'Hitler'. Just a stupid publicity stunt.

But people here on TV casually dropping 'forgive and forget' about mass murders of millions... deserve to be included among the victims 'post factum'.

And to top it all he tries to pass his droppings for ideas.

Despite the fact that american settlers and the English, Spanish and Portuguese committed the biggest ever recorded genocide in history on native indians, I agree that pointing fingers while trying to find out which place Adolf Hitler should be found on the mass murderers' top ten list should not be the focus in this thread.

I think this story is a clear indicator, pointing out that Thailand urgently needs a nation-wide educational reform, teaching pupils more than just repeating that Thailand is the greatest and proudest country in the world ever and that it never was occupied (even though WWII tells a different story since the Japs simply would have flattened this country if they were not allowed to use Thailand as operation base). Just imagine where this country could be if the kids really would be educated with a school system that teaches them to think outside the box and get the bigger picture instead of dull repetition...

Very ironic is the Pepsi logo on the lightbox, right under the Hitler logo. Looks like the perfect backdrop for a Monty Python movie thumbsup.gif

Edited by catweazle

really i do comprehend.

it does not alter reality one bit.

the story itself is nonsense, a recycling of old news.

i personally could not give a shit what a thai with a chicken shop does or does not think about hitler, nor do i see what a couple breasts and a drumstick have to do with anything.

i see racist vitriol on this site daily that i find more offensive.and that comes from folk who claim to know better.

ignorance is a bliss

call it ignorance, i have other things more worthy of my time.

hitler was one man. He had an entire country behind him including my mother, grand parents, aunts and uncles.

thing is, i don't believe hitler actually personally ever gassed a jew, that was actually done by individual germans.

perhaps i should boycott schnitzel.

southern fried chicken? wasn't the american south built on slave labour?

Edited by joeaverage
  • Like 1

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.

At least the chicken is pretty good...

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)

You might as well add Charles Manson, James Earl Ray, and John Wayne Gacy to your list of role models.

Interesting, that the British are complaining the most. Don't they remember they themselves were responsible for genocide in Africa, India, Australia and the rest of the Commonwealth countries where the British imperialistic conquerors set foot.

This post is about opening a fast food place using Hitler as the name and logo.

If you want to bash other countries that you don't like, star a new thread. While your at it do some research of facts. Look at Belgium's record in the Congo, how the US treated Native Americans, the Turks treatment of Armenians, Russia's record against Poles, Cossacks and even deliberate starving of its own people; France's record in North Africa and French Indo-China, etc etc

The history books are peppered with incidences of genocide, ethnic cleansing, and persecution based on race, religion or beliefs.

Britain, the US and France have past history that viewed through modern perspecitves is not acceptable - however, these countries suffered greatly in two world wars so everyone, even a genius like you, would be free to express their view and opinion. Without their sacrifice you would be in a very different world.

How would you like to see Stalin Vodka, Hiroito Sushi, Mao freid noddles, Inquisition Tapas? All guilty of crimes as bad as Hitler. Some got away with it though.

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)

You might as well add Charles Manson, James Earl Ray, and John Wayne Gacy to your list of role models.

If you think 'approval' and 'not caring' are the same, you need English lessons.

I'm sorry, but are you really saying you don't care what hitler did?
Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

It's in the past, forgive and forget.

I am getting freaked out ...just a little bit...about this idiotic country.

If you just mention certain persons, historical or present figures, and you do not praise them in the highest of all possible ways, you get looked at like you just p..d on your grandmothers corps.

That of course is no reason for Thais (yes, I am generalizing) not to give a sh1t about any feelings other nationalities may have about some of their historical figures.

Of course, you can turn any flag of any country in the world into anything from flip- flopps to diapers, if you are Thai.

Just imagine, you would do the same thing with the Thai- flag!

And as much as I am for an open discourse about Hitler, Stalin, Mao (you name them) and against any king of collective guilt- trip, that we Germans have been send on for many years, even if we were not even born, when Hitler willy-nilly killed approx. 30 Million people in a war and in the gas-chambers of his Kz's....as much am I against forgetting what happened.

• Like 1

If you think 'approval' and 'not caring' are the same, you need English lessons.

If your English understanding anything like your knowledge of history, i would love to hear your definitions for afternoon laugh

gl555, on 05 Jul 2013 - 13:52, said:snapback.png

Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

peacetrain - he simply didn't know... and than forgot (oops!). Forgive him... and forget. And if you can't forget, say that you 'do not care at all'. After all he thinks he has the right to live...

Edited by ABCer

I pity you

• Like 2

I am getting freaked out ...just a little bit...about this idiotic country.

If you just mention certain persons, historical or present figures, and you do not praise them in the highest of all possible ways, you get looked at like you just p..d on your grandmothers corps.

That of course is no reason for Thais (yes, I am generalizing) not to give a sh1t about any feelings other nationalities may have about some of their historical figures.

Of course, you can turn any flag of any country in the world into anything from flip- flopps to diapers, if you are Thai.

Just imagine, you would do the same thing with the Thai- flag!

And as much as I am for an open discourse about Hitler, Stalin, Mao (you name them) and against any king of collective guilt- trip, that we Germans have been send on for many years, even if we were not even born, when Hitler willy-nilly killed approx. 30 Million people in a war and in the gas-chambers of his Kz's....as much am I against forgetting what happened.

Fair points. I'm sure if anyone used the Thai flag for anything the Thais would be up in arms. Yet, as you say, they're quite happy to disrespect other nations' flags. Says a lot about their attitiude to respect and non-Thais.

Interesting to see the difference on how Germany and its war criminals were treated after defeat compared to Japan and its war criminals. You might be interested to do this as there are significant differences. Japanese have not been taught about the attrocious war crimes committed by their leaders and armed services; some of which make Hitler look like a beginner. And many senior Japanese went unpunished even though they were caught and as guilty as hell.

How would you like to see Stalin Vodka, Hiroito Sushi, Mao freid noddles, Inquisition Tapas? All guilty of crimes as bad as Hitler. Some got away with it though.

There ya go

http://www.advertolog.com/allied-domecq/print-outdoor/stalin-1635105/

http://chairman-maos-chicken.xanga.com/

Thanks Soutpeel! A Jewish advertising agency using a tyrant mass murderer's picture to advertise a British produced vodka for sale to the Greek market! There's got to be some irony there !!!

American restaurant's serving Mao chicken - OMG! Wonder if the Chinese will come up with Obama burgers and GWB ribs?

• Like 1