Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand

webfact

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

Guy's it's Friday night, it's just a thread about some frakking cartoon picture of Col Saunders with Hitlers head on it selling fried chicken. It's not a thread about Global history lessons and the slaughter of millions. Thai kids probably know as much about Hitler as Vicky Pollard knows about the history of Siam, and the only thing most middle age Brits know about the History of Siam is it had something to do with Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr. rolleyes.gif Don't they have a happy hour near where you live?

If you don't want to read this thread, don't let anyone make you, it's your right to not participate, if that's what you choose.

• Like 2

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

Guy's it's Friday night, it's just a thread about some frakking cartoon picture of Col Saunders with Hitlers head on it selling fried chicken. It's not a thread about Global history lessons and the slaughter of millions. Thai kids probably know as much about Hitler as Vicky Pollard knows about the history of Siam, and the only thing most middle age Brits know about the History of Siam is it had something to do with Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr. rolleyes.gif Don't they have a happy hour near where you live?

Jim, its the fact of such action being allowed and not immediately closed down, in most civilized countries such business or even a hint would be closed down and owners charged. It is not even remotely funny or attractive if one knew anything about that time frame.

KFC should also file a law suit, as it offends their image as well

• Like 1

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

Would just like to point out that AnotherOneAmerican is not alone in his attitude of immediately forgiving and forgetting anything bad that happens in this world.

Apparently goldfish do it too.

clap2.gif

• Like 1

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

Would just like to point out that AnotherOneAmerican is not alone in his attitude of immediately forgiving and forgetting anything bad that happens in this world.

Apparently goldfish do it too.

Goldfish is understandable, its a fish with tiny brain, what is AnotherOneAmerican excuse?w00t.gif

In addition to being insulting, for reasons quite obvious the business is also highly illegal. But yet the authorities ignore it. I guess they're too busy worrying about foreigners running their own travel agencies.

Edited by aTomsLife
  • Like 1

I guess from this point on it's all down to the baiters, trolls and the poorly educated, a no win of a thread if ever there was one and doubtless the mods will see it in a similar light also.

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

GJ can't let comments on genocide being something to forgive and forget. That sort of thinking sickens me and would ruin my happy hour(s) if I left it unchallenged. Sorry but that's the way it is.

Do you eat pizzza ?....if you do then you must have forgiven the Roman's for the genocide they caused....if your so senstive about genocide..would would eat a burger called an "atomic burger", 250,000 killed using this weapon of mass destruction.in Japan..

Mankind is a nasty species and genocide has been going on since the beginning of human kind and will continue to do so until mankind is wiped off the plant...

Greeks, Roman, Persian's in the past, Hitler/Stalin etc in the 20th century....furture ???...who know...all we don know is that it will happen again

• Like 2

My grandparent's generation suffered greatly during WW2, many Americans gave their lives also. Please, have some decency by acknowledging their sacrifice and bravery. Lest We Forget.

So what your saying only Americans were killed in WWII ?....now that is offensive...BTW "Lest We forget" comes from the British...

so we should we only acknowlege the Americans sacrifice and bravery and screw everyone else....your post is just as bad as the topic being discussed..

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 2

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

GJ can't let comments on genocide being something to forgive and forget. That sort of thinking sickens me and would ruin my happy hour(s) if I left it unchallenged. Sorry but that's the way it is.

Do you eat pizzza ?....if you do then you must have forgiven the Roman's for the genocide they caused....if your so senstive about genocide..would would eat a burger called an "atomic burger", 250,000 killed using this weapon of mass destruction.in Japan..

Mankind is a nasty species and genocide has been going on since the beginning of human kind and will continue to do so until mankind is wiped off the plant...

Greeks, Roman, Persian's in the past, Hitler/Stalin etc in the 20th century....furture ???...who know...all we don know is that it will happen again

So it's just genocide then, is it? Happened before, will perhaps occur again...

Well, rape is even more common-- and so too is phedophilia. According to your thinking, then, if someone uses such acts in their marketing, you would see no cause for outrage, right?

Edited by aTomsLife
  • Like 1

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

Greeks would argue with you that Pizza was their invention, Atomic is a word which has can be interpreted in many different ways.

Hitler is a person who ordered and caused the death of millions, over 80 million and counting to be precise.

Lets not start to twist things in accommodating manner

article-2108828-12010F34000005DC-533_634

Thailand can do what it wants, If i dont like it, i can leave. end of story for me.

But i can only imagine how this would play to the Thai Tourism industry

if 'fad' caught on in Thailand.whistling.gif

I think you could expect a drop in the EU tourist visiting Thailand.tongue.png

but then again, what do I know?

• Like 2

Greeks would argue with you that Pizza was their invention, Atomic is a word which has can be interpreted in many different ways.

Hitler is a person who ordered and caused the death of millions, over 80 million and counting to be precise.

Non-combatants

Most estimates are Hitler did for 11 million (50/50 Jews/Russians)

Beaten by Stalin who did at least 15M

Chairman Mao is widely thought to have done 45M

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.

At least the chicken is pretty good...

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)
I'm sorry, but are you really saying you don't care what hitler did?
Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

It's in the past, forgive and forget.

If Ogedei Khan had lived 2 more years. Chances are those 2 flags in your avatar would be meaningless.

Non-combatants

Most estimates are Hitler did for 11 million

Beaten by Stalin who did at least 20M

And your statistics are as bad. 25 million is a conservative estimate for the losses suffered by the USSR, but as you said numbers are childish.

Non-combatants

Most estimates are Hitler did for 11 million (50/50 Jews/Russians)

Beaten by Stalin who did at least 15M

Over 80 million people were killed during WW2, AGAIN do some self education, instead of continuing to post nonsense

• Like 1

Mao is still on the currency of China and he killed more people than Hitler (if you want to look at history in these childishly simplistic ways) but everyone still wants their made in China iPhones. It's westerners who need to get over their obsession with Hitler, not Thais.

I think hitler was responsible for more deaths than Mao. At least 25 million people died during his war in Russia. But as you say numbers are childish when the true horror of the nazi regime was its industrialisation of genocide.

What about the genocide of American Indians. cowboy.gif The genocide of Incas and Aztecs by the Spanish. The reason Africans were brought to the Americas was because all the indigenous people were killed.

They are just as bad, though I don't think slaves were brought into the USA because of their ongoing genocide, african slaves were easier to control and contain as were far from home.

My grandparent's generation suffered greatly during WW2, many Americans gave their lives also. Please, have some decency by acknowledging their sacrifice and bravery. Lest We Forget.

So what your saying only Americans were killed in WWII ?....now that is offensive...BTW "Lest We forget" comes from the British...

America was the aggressor against Germany in WW2.

Mr. H had no fight with the USA, in fact he took many of his genocidal ideas from the American Eugenics Society of California (who were still forcibly sterilizing 'unsuitables' up to the 1970s)

Your grasp of history is as bad as your reasoning. Hitler declared war on the USA not the other way round.

Is the correct answer.