Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand

webfact

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

Guy's it's Friday night, it's just a thread about some frakking cartoon picture of Col Saunders with Hitlers head on it selling fried chicken. It's not a thread about Global history lessons and the slaughter of millions. Thai kids probably know as much about Hitler as Vicky Pollard knows about the history of Siam, and the only thing most middle age Brits know about the History of Siam is it had something to do with Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr. rolleyes.gif Don't they have a happy hour near where you live?

GJ can't let comments on genocide being something to forgive and forget. That sort of thinking sickens me and would ruin my happy hour(s) if I left it unchallenged. Sorry but that's the way it is.

Do you eat pizzza ?....if you do then you must have forgiven the Roman's for the genocide they caused....if your so senstive about genocide..would would eat a burger called an "atomic burger", 250,000 killed using this weapon of mass destruction.in Japan..

Mankind is a nasty species and genocide has been going on since the beginning of human kind and will continue to do so until mankind is wiped off the plant...

Greeks, Roman, Persian's in the past, Hitler/Stalin etc in the 20th century....furture ???...who know...all we don know is that it will happen again

I don't think there's any conclusive proof the Romans invented pizza.

But it is as Italian as the Mafia.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

Guy's it's Friday night, it's just a thread about some frakking cartoon picture of Col Saunders with Hitlers head on it selling fried chicken. It's not a thread about Global history lessons and the slaughter of millions. Thai kids probably know as much about Hitler as Vicky Pollard knows about the history of Siam, and the only thing most middle age Brits know about the History of Siam is it had something to do with Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr. rolleyes.gif Don't they have a happy hour near where you live?

GJ can't let comments on genocide being something to forgive and forget. That sort of thinking sickens me and would ruin my happy hour(s) if I left it unchallenged. Sorry but that's the way it is.

Do you eat pizzza ?....if you do then you must have forgiven the Roman's for the genocide they caused....if your so senstive about genocide..would would eat a burger called an "atomic burger", 250,000 killed using this weapon of mass destruction.in Japan..

Mankind is a nasty species and genocide has been going on since the beginning of human kind and will continue to do so until mankind is wiped off the plant...

Greeks, Roman, Persian's in the past, Hitler/Stalin etc in the 20th century....furture ???...who know...all we don know is that it will happen again

Greeks would argue with you that Pizza was their invention, Atomic is a word which has can be interpreted in many different ways.

Hitler is a person who ordered and caused the death of millions, over 80 million and counting to be precise.

Lets not start to twist things in accommodating manner

not twisting anything, I am trying to put things in perspective, I have quite a few relatives who were killed during the second world war and have one relative in the ground near the river Kwaai but what happened then is now a page in history book...same as the greeks/Roman etc...one hopes mankind learns from it...But i am not going to get all hysterical about it...as it appears you are

• Like 1

not twisting anything, I am trying to put things in perspective, I have quite a few relatives who were killed during the second world war and have one relative in the ground near the river Kwaai but what happened then is now a page in history book...same as the greeks/Roman etc...one hopes mankind learns from it...But i am not going to get all hysterical about it...as it appears you are

Yes i am offended by someone glorifying a man who killed, tortured and starved dozens of millions, do you have a problem with that?

• Like 2

Mao is still on the currency of China and he killed more people than Hitler (if you want to look at history in these childishly simplistic ways) but everyone still wants their made in China iPhones. It's westerners who need to get over their obsession with Hitler, not Thais.

I think hitler was responsible for more deaths than Mao. At least 25 million people died during his war in Russia. But as you say numbers are childish when the true horror of the nazi regime was its industrialisation of genocide.

Ah yes, Bluespunk

Going for the brass ring on that goddamned Hitler thing are we ?

Well while you're talking genocide and wallowing in "winner's history" how about giving us your version of what. Israel's "Children of the Dream" are doing to the men women and children in Gaza.

• Like 2

Greeks would argue with you that Pizza was their invention, Atomic is a word which has can be interpreted in many different ways.

Hitler is a person who ordered and caused the death of millions, over 80 million and counting to be precise.

Non-combatants

Most estimates are Hitler did for 11 million (50/50 Jews/Russians)

Beaten by Stalin who did at least 15M

Chairman Mao is widely thought to have done 45M

Over 80 million people were killed during WW2, AGAIN do some self education, instead of continuing to post nonsense

I thought we were complaining against genocide, not wars in general.

Most countries agree it's perfectly OK to kill enemy soldiers when at war.

What is not OK is to kill non-combatants (people who aren't fighting including captured soldiers)

WW2 would have happened with or without Hitler, it was two industrial giants fighting it out for world supremacy.

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

at last well done jim,,yes chill out girls,,,,,,get a grip,,thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Mao is still on the currency of China and he killed more people than Hitler (if you want to look at history in these childishly simplistic ways) but everyone still wants their made in China iPhones. It's westerners who need to get over their obsession with Hitler, not Thais.

I think hitler was responsible for more deaths than Mao. At least 25 million people died during his war in Russia. But as you say numbers are childish when the true horror of the nazi regime was its industrialisation of genocide.

Ah yes, Bluespunk

Well while you're talking genocide and wallowing in "winner's history" how about giving us your version of what. Israel's "Children of the Dream" are doing to the men women and children in Gaza.

1. how about we stay on topic

2. how about looking into what Hamas is doing to their own children, men and women? or better save it for another topicrolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Non-combatants

Most estimates are Hitler did for 11 million (50/50 Jews/Russians)

Beaten by Stalin who did at least 15M

Chairman Mao is widely thought to have done 45M

Over 80 million people were killed during WW2, AGAIN do some self education, instead of continuing to post nonsense

I thought we were complaining against genocide, not wars in general.

Most countries agree it's perfectly OK to kill enemy soldiers when at war.

What is not OK is to kill non-combatants (people who aren't fighting including captured soldiers)

WW2 would have happened with or without Hitler, it was two industrial giants fighting it out for world supremacy.

You thought? thats something new.

But since you did think, please show me which countries think its ok to be at war and kill soldierswhistling.gif

• Like 2

To close the topic we ought to have a topic on this subject---Is it sick or not to name the shop Hitler ??? just a vote of posters would give us a real per cent. I suggest Sick would win easily.

All this u-boat/pearl harbour/war camps---most are aware of it all, without arguing.

• Like 1

No doubt had this type of marketing taken place in the good old Monty Python days, it would have been respectfully ridiculed and left to rot.

"Will that be the full order of Adolf's special crispy chicken plus a side of Goebbel's fries, plus a large Goering Iced Tea?"

In most western countries this outfit would not be able to open it's doors, but being Thailand, the only likely outcome is that KFC might sue for identity or copyright theft. If there is such a thing here.

• Like 2

Yes i am offended by someone glorifying a man who killed, tortured and starved dozens of millions, do you have a problem with that?

No but I am offended by someone who stated "many Americans gave their lives also. Please, have some decency by acknowledging their sacrifice and bravery. Lest We Forget"

so your suggesting all the other nation's citizens didnt give their lives and dont deserve any acknowelegment for their sacrifice and bravery also ?....not every member of TV is American

• Like 2

The reason Africans were brought to the Americas was because all the indigenous people were killed.

And they wont let you forget it wink.png

Ah yes, Bluespunk

What on earth makes you think religion has anything to do with my views on genocide. It is evil no matter who carries it out.

No but I am offended by someone who stated "many Americans gave their lives also. Please, have some decency by acknowledging their sacrifice and bravery. Lest We Forget"

so your suggesting all the other nation's citizens didnt give their lives and dont deserve any acknowelegment for their sacrifice and bravery also ?....not every member of TV is American

This comment was NOT made by me, so do take it up with a person who made the comment to offend you

To close the topic we ought to have a topic on this subject---Is it sick or not to name the shop Hitler ??? just a vote of posters would give us a real per cent. I suggest Sick would win easily.

All this u-boat/pearl harbour/war camps---most are aware of it all, without arguing.

I don't want to extend this theme too far but I disagree, I believe far too many posters are not "aware of it all", otherwise we wouldn't be having such an empassioned debate, one only has to look at some of the things being posted to see that is true.

Who cares about you and your self-professed civility ?

It's your ignorance and your logical fallacies that piss ME off.

You need to read some primary documents for starters and wean yourself of Stephen Spielberg, Tom Hanks and the History Channel.

Where do you think you are ? In some Freshman discussion group, getting a BIG lip on about BS that's been shoved down our throats for the last Seventy forking years by the very scumbags who are running "the banks".

Grow a pair.

Think for yourself.

Being a pluralist I usually enjoy contrarian views, and your posts in particular, DB. But I'm not sure where you're coming from here; that is, in the context of Hitler's image being used to hawk chickens. Please do tell.

If a cafe called Uncle Joe's opened with a pic of Stalin it would not raise an eyebrow. Luckily the Thais have not been infected with the Western guilt that the Zionists like to inflict, so they can get away with their own genocide in Palestine.

It is not "Zionist guilt" or Zionist anything to be appalled by the holocaust or any genocide. As for going into a cafe with stalins image promoting it, no I wouldn't. The man was evil.

• Like 2

If a cafe called Uncle Joe's opened with a pic of Stalin it would not raise an eyebrow. Luckily the Thais have not been infected with the Western guilt that the Zionists like to inflict, so they can get away with their own genocide in Palestine.

what an idiotic post to makebah.gif

• Like 1

This comment was NOT made by me, so do take it up with a person who made the comment to offend you

My apologies..." lemoncake"..."lemonjelly" same same but different...