Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, I only read the first of 5 pages here, but why is no one really offended by this?

Don't get me wrong, I understand Thailand. I can actually say with a straight face that I understand about 80% of Thai culture (speak, read the language, been here for 10 years, married with kids, etc.), but at some point you have to throw your hands up and (lose face,) get upset.

Have you all lost your minds or you just don't give a sh*t anymore?

Have you all lost your minds or you just don't give a sh*t anymore?

Too be perfectly honest, I dont think I ever gave a sh*t in the first place.

If people choose to get upset about it, up to them.

This doesnt offend me in the least, what does offend me are the PC brigade telling me what I should and shouldnt think, the same brigade who claim to be offended by this but who reality are acting in the exact same manner as the facists they claim offends them.

I'm offended at the lack of education more than anything else. Everything is funny to Thais, but yet it's rude here for a grown man to wear shorts in public. Go figure.

If a cafe called Uncle Joe's opened with a pic of Stalin it would not raise an eyebrow. Luckily the Thais have not been infected with the Western guilt that the Zionists like to inflict, so they can get away with their own genocide in Palestine.

It is not "Zionist guilt" or Zionist anything to be appalled by the holocaust or any genocide. As for going into a cafe with stalins image promoting it, no I wouldn't. The man was evil.

This article is from the Daily Mail. There is an article about the Holocaust in that paper every week without fail ! Why?

Here's the Daily Mail archives, every week without fail you say?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/sitemaparchive/month_201306.html

Geez the BS some people come out with.

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

I too spent my early childhood playing on bomb sites from ww2 and had family members who fought including my father,

Still i feel many posters here who feel offended by this type of thoughtless marketing ploy seem to forget this is not a country where logic prevails, dont expect that to change anytime soon.

This country has been told endless times how offensive it is to do that,

It takes few times to teach a dog how to sit, even less time to teach a cat where the toilet is.

Are you saying that people of this country have less brain than the animals?

I too spent my early childhood playing on bomb sites from ww2 and had family members who fought including my father,

Still i feel many posters here who feel offended by this type of thoughtless marketing ploy seem to forget this is not a country where logic prevails, dont expect that to change anytime soon.

Interesting point. And I'll say you struck a chord with me. The Hitler parade at the Thai high school two years ago should have been a learning experience for the entire country. The truth is, as a society, Thais lack the ability to care about outsiders.

Just as they've been told about their signage at cultural sites, instead of writing "Foreigner Price", they could use a less loaded word like "Visitor" or "Tourist". Fair play to them, if that's how they wanna be. But, who knows, one day they might just get their comeuppance.

Edited by aTomsLife

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappm sorry, but are you really saying you don't care what hitler did?

Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

It's in the past, forgive and forget.

Have to disagree. Some things can never be forgiven and should never be forgotten. There are people still living with what pol pot and his murderous regime did. The revulsion at the evil actions hitler and stalin as well as pol pot carried out is something we can never let go of. To forget diminishes us as people.

Would you also include the Genocide that England committed in that list ?

Or is it one rule for one and another for others.

Don't forget Americas role in the Genocide in Cambodia also.

• Like 1

Just chill out, people.

That entire story in Daily Mail, a sensationalist boulevard paper of lowest standards, is FABRICATED.

The photo of that supposedly "recently opened" fried chicken fast food joint in Bangkok is actually from a fried chicken restaurant in Ubon Ratchathani and at least 2 years old! Needless to say that this shop has CLOSED DOWN long, long ago (due to copyright infringement, by the way, because it had used 'Col. Sanders').

Secondly, that clothing store with the Hitler-Ronald cDonald hybrid gracing the entrance and mechanically waving its fibre glass arm used to be on the second or third floor of Terminal 21 shopping mall in Bangkok. The store was widely featured in the international press (including a report on CNN) and raised a storm in social media some TWO YEARS AGO and likewise has since CLOSED DOWN.

Given that, I very much also doubt the validity of the sources quoted in the article commenting on that non-existent "Hitler Fried Chicken" shop.

Lies, lies and more lies! Thank you once again, Daily Mail, for such outstanding, honest, impeccable and trustworthy reporting. My advice is: Fire your credited "Daily Mail Reporter" immediately.

And how ridiculous to see in this forum how many of you good people have actually fallen into this trap and took that FABRICATED story as fact.

To round off my ramblings, here are two pics from respectable British media. One served as the title page of a well-known satirical magazine, while the caricature appeared in one of the country's "better" daily newspapers. Both images date back to 2005. Enjoy these wonderful examples of biting British humour:

Anything that involves Andrew Spooner tends to be spun so far it makes me dizzy.

• Like 1

If a cafe called Uncle Joe's opened with a pic of Stalin it would not raise an eyebrow. Luckily the Thais have not been infected with the Western guilt that the Zionists like to inflict, so they can get away with their own genocide in Palestine.

It is not "Zionist guilt" or Zionist anything to be appalled by the holocaust or any genocide. As for going into a cafe with stalins image promoting it, no I wouldn't. The man was evil.

This article is from the Daily Mail. There is an article about the Holocaust in that paper every week without fail ! Why?

Maybe guilt complex. The Daily Mail and their proprietors were active cheerleaders for Hitler and the Nazi Party in the 1930s. As were prominent members of the British Royal family, including the late Queen Mother, (Gawd bless her)!

(Norman G. Finkelstein ‘The Holocaust industry. Reflections on the Exploitation of Jewish Suffering’

Interesting point. And I'll say you struck a chord with me. The Hitler parade at the Thai high school two years ago should have been a learning experience for the entire country. The truth is, as a society, Thais lack the ability to care about outsiders.

Just as they've been told about their signage at cultural sites, instead of writing "Foreigner Price", they could use a less loaded word like "Visitor" or "Tourist". Fair play to them, if that's how they wanna be. But, who knows, one day they might just get their comeuppance.

Its interesting that they do not open restaurants or shops called Toungoo Dynasty or Tabinshwehti

But on the point of caring for outsiders, many do not seem to care about their own either.

Little off topic: today saw an accident where a newish car hit 3 bikes, 1 rider was badly injured( i believe broken bones) The injured rider was on the ground screaming in pain, while the car driver was checking out damage on her car and the other 2 bikes were chasing her around to get her insurance number to be paid.

The injured guy was alone, on the ground

Edited by lemoncake
  • Like 1

It takes few times to teach a dog how to sit, even less time to teach a cat where the toilet is.

No...I only say dont expect logic.

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.

At least the chicken is pretty good...

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)

All I can say to your post is Wow!! ...And... that I hope the next group of Nazis target people like you and do the same to you but not enough to kill you though !! But just enough for you to have horrible nightmares thereafter and come back on this forum and say what you just said !! And my last say to you is ... Oye no! I won't go to your low level... Rest in peace someday though !!

No...I only say dont expect logic.

That is precisely the point, they been told by other states, media and everyone else and yet they continue with it and yet if Lady Gaga says she wants to buy a fake Rolex they spit the dummy and lodge complains with embassy's

• Like 1

But on the point of caring for outsiders, many do not seem to care about their own either.

Another excellent point, and pertinent too, as this lack of caring translates into lack of education which then translates into restaurants named "Hitler". facepalm.gif

Greeks would argue with you that Pizza was their invention, Atomic is a word which has can be interpreted in many different ways.

Hitler is a person who ordered and caused the death of millions, over 80 million and counting to be precise.

Lets not start to twist things in accommodating manner

Non-combatants

Most estimates are Hitler did for 11 million (50/50 Jews/Russians)

Beaten by Stalin who did at least 15M

Chairman Mao is widely thought to have done 45M

Over 80 million people were killed during WW2, AGAIN do some self education, instead of continuing to post nonsense

I thought we were complaining against genocide, not wars in general.

Most countries agree it's perfectly OK to kill enemy soldiers when at war.

What is not OK is to kill non-combatants (people who aren't fighting including captured soldiers)

WW2 would have happened with or without Hitler, it was two industrial giants fighting it out for world supremacy.

You really do not know ANYTHING about history do you ! But what can one expect from a country that voted 49 % in favor of another Hitler type in the last election.

• Like 1

Wow! ....all the energy spent reading about this chkn sh*t has made me hungry! w00t.gif ....let's see if we can find some Pol Pot noodles with Mao sauce! cheesy.gif .....need more coffee1.gif

P.S. If one supports this business.... one deserves the heartburn ...fried food, regardless of shop, is a killer for old guys! blink.png

Edited by IBoldnewguy

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.

is all about money and they think the shock advertisement will pay off

"it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered. "

Probably also true of the American Jews involved in the comedy The Producers with the mock Broadyway show Springtime for Hitler. How about the BBC who produced 'Allo, 'Allo, another comedy with fun loving Gestapo characters. And don't forget Hogan's Heroes.

People get kicks out of being controversial and everything done in bad taste throughout the world isn't the fault of the Thai education system.

post-145917-0-27012000-1373040416_thumb.

post-145917-0-67761500-1373040522_thumb.

post-145917-0-75848900-1373040554_thumb.

post-145917-0-54647100-1373041111_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Have to disagree. Some things can never be forgiven and should never be forgotten. There are people still living with what pol pot and his murderous regime did. The revulsion at the evil actions hitler and stalin as well as pol pot carried out is something we can never let go of. To forget diminishes us as people.

Before having a pop you really should read all the posts. As I have said several times, genocide is evil and so are those who are responsible for carrying it out. There are no right sides when it comes to genocide, it is utterly evil no matter who carries it out.

Before writing a list, you should be mindful to include examples of your own country in it. It's not balanced to point fingers to far away places, even if you oppose all Genocide incidents.

• Like 2

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)

All I can say to your post is Wow!! ...And... that I hope the next group of Nazis target people like you and do the same to you but not enough to kill you though !! But just enough for you to have horrible nightmares thereafter and come back on this forum and say what you just said !! And my last say to you is ... Oye no! I won't go to your low level... Rest in peace someday though !!

But you did stoop as low, perhaps even lower. One guy says he doesn't care what Hitler did and you start wishing him physical harm...and you claim to be on the righteous side!!! Who is on the moral slippy slope here? The person who makes a perhaps ill considered statement or the person that wishes another harm, but not enough to kill them (gee thanks). if those are AOA's thoughts then he is entitled to them but it is amazing the high blood pressure ranting reaction that has been displayed by many. Some of you folks are taking years off your life....all self inflicted.

Someone needs to tell the Thai Minister of Transport that whilst he is checking out all the buses, he should come over here and check out the Thai Visa Outrage Bus. Then again I doubt he would get on as it seems pretty full at the moment.

Edited by GentlemanJim

"it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered. "

Probably also true of the American Jews involved in the comedy The Producers with the mock Broadyway show Springtime for Hitler. How about the BBC who produced 'Allo, 'Allo, another comedy with fun loving Gestapo characters. And don't forget Hogan's Heroes.

People get kicks out of being controversial and everything done in bad taste throughout the world isn't the fault of the Thai education system.

I disagree with your reasoning. It's natural for a people to take ownership of the tragedies they've experienced. It's a bit different when others are mocking such tragedies out of sheer ignorance, for cheap laughs and shock value.

Edited by aTomsLife
  • Like 1

Before having a pop you really should read all the posts. As I have said several times, genocide is evil and so are those who are responsible for carrying it out. There are no right sides when it comes to genocide, it is utterly evil no matter who carries it out.

Before writing a list, you should be mindful to include examples of your own country in it. It's not balanced to point fingers to far away places, even if you oppose all Genocide incidents.

My so called list was in response to the post I was replying to, however that said, you could not be more wrong. Genocide is a crime against humanity, it does not matter what country you are from or where the genocide took place, it is evil and should be opposed by us all. There is no finger pointing going on, to say you can only criticise genocide because it happened in your country is ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but are you really saying you don't care what hitler did?
Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

It's in the past, forgive and forget.

Best steer clear of Caffe Nero then.

• Like 2