Fried chicken takeaway called 'Hitler' opens in Thailand

webfact

Interesting, that the British are complaining the most. Don't they remember they themselves were responsible for genocide in Africa, India, Australia and the rest of the Commonwealth countries where the British imperialistic conquerors set foot.

but this sort of arguement just going round and round....

The US comitted genocide in Japan by dropped atomic weapons on civilian popuation centers, the Aussie committed genocide in attempting to wipe out the native inhabitants of Aussie...Juilus Ceasar commmitted genocide just about wiping out all the gauls etc etc

Without making the Americans seem like angels, you would not find any WWII historians that would describe that as genocide. .

USA was attacked by Japan first, and the atomic bombs actually led to a quicker end of WWII preventing many more months or years of conflict. Their actions were not to wipe out a race, just to wipe out the Japan military and end the conflict.

I thought the atomic bombs on Japan was after the war was effectively over and an appallingly murderous attack on Japan to demonstrate to Russia that America was the big boy in the street.

And once again you would be wrong. Bombs were dropped in final stages of the war.United States called for a surrender of Japan, an ultimatum which Japan ignored

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.

At least the chicken is pretty good...

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)

You don't care what Hitler did? You owe us all an explanation, so let's see if you have the nerve to do it.

• Like 1

it's the education system. I don't think these people actually admire Hitler but it's possible the school history syllabus didn't cover what he did and the millions he murdered.

I think the point is they don't care what he did. (In reality neither do I, and neither did Prince Harry of the UK, and the uniforms look pretty snappy)

I'm sorry, but are you really saying you don't care what hitler did?

Hear, hear...! Those horrific memories are still alive in many people's minds...!

I'm amazed that anyone would even consider going into such a place, let alone giving them your custom...!

"I genuinely regret to waste such wisdom on undeserving half-cast, half-breed half-humans". coffee1.gif......................................

As I have said before, on numerous occasions, one of the best things about this forum is it makes it so easy to spot the scumbags/morons etc.

Takes all the effort out of it. I believe it is because when people are writing comments on a forum they think they are bullet proof because they are tucked away in their computer rooms firing at will.

Don't they realize that lots of people are reading the arrogant and smug garbage they come out with ? facepalm.gif

Interesting, that the British are complaining the most. Don't they remember they themselves were responsible for genocide in Africa, India, Australia and the rest of the Commonwealth countries where the British imperialistic conquerors set foot.

Poirot, your skills of deduction are amazing! clap2.gif

Like the French, Japanese, Spanish AND Americans aren't all guilty too! Just saying.

• Like 1

As an American, and a Veteran,

So who did you get paid to kill?

(Just out of interest)

I've never killed anyone, nor had the wish to do so.

Once you remove all the hired killers from the world, we shall have peace.

Absolutely pathetic and so incredibly niave.

Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

It's in the past, forgive and forget.

If we forget, then we might allow it to happen again. Sometimes we have to think beyond ourselves and see the big picture.

Edited by CIHUAHUA
  • Like 1

Don't care at all, nor do I care what Genghis Khan, Slobodan Milosevic, Stalin, the Japanese, the IRA, Pol Pot, et al did.

I admire you for stating your opinion like that.

(Just out of interest)

Before you commit genocide, you first need to hire some killers (aka soldiers).

Without the soldiers, you can't do the genocide (well, I guess you could, but it would take a really long time).

Soldiers are the problem, not the cure.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

(Just out of interest)

Before you commit genocide, you first need to hire some killers (aka soldiers).

Without the soldiers, you can't do the genocide (well, I guess you could, but it would take a really long time).

Soldiers are the problem, not the cure.

Can not help but wonder about your agefacepalm.gif

Soldiers follow orders, so if anyone to blame are the ones giving out orders

Soldiers follow orders, so if anyone to blame are the ones giving out orders

It's surprising 'I was just obeying zee orders' didn't go down better at Nuremberg then.

Are you for real? how many soldiers were jailed? officers issuing orders- plenty but how many soldiers?rolleyes.gif , please enough already with your nonsense in every post you make

• Like 1

but this sort of arguement just going round and round....

The US comitted genocide in Japan by dropped atomic weapons on civilian popuation centers, the Aussie committed genocide in attempting to wipe out the native inhabitants of Aussie...Juilus Ceasar commmitted genocide just about wiping out all the gauls etc etc

Without making the Americans seem like angels, you would not find any WWII historians that would describe that as genocide. .

USA was attacked by Japan first, and the atomic bombs actually led to a quicker end of WWII preventing many more months or years of conflict. Their actions were not to wipe out a race, just to wipe out the Japan military and end the conflict.

I would argue that it could be seen as genocide as per one of the definitions of genocide is:

"Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part"

if the action had only targetted the miltary then I would say an act of war, but its was known before the bombs were dropped that the vast majority of the casualites would be among the civlian population...ie it was a weapon of mass destruction...lest not forgot that the action eventually killed over 200,000 people how many of those were actually "legimate military targets" ?

Will be interesting to see if Pepsi don't step in and have their logo removed from this business, probably today.

Also the whole Swastika thing has been done to death here, Hitler adopted it's use from it's original use as a symbol of auspiciousness and good.

Every side in a war consider themselves to be "right" so you can't really blame Hitler or Germany for that.

The other point, generally when used as a Nazi symbol it is rotated at 45° degrees vs the original square on design.

As for Hitler Fried Chicken this might act as a opportunity for education about WWII and the role Thailand, Japan played which is an area of unknown to the average educated Thai. I've read Thailand didn't have a good experience with their Japanese allies so I expect it was a face saving exercise to ignore the event as soon as possible as per the Thai way.

Someone motivated with Thai language skills could use this for a social media education program.

Linking to some of the war crimes carried out under Hitler would wake up these people through education of the Smart phone carrying kids the adults only watch TV and so are beyond reach or learning.

Will be interesting to see if Pepsi don't step in and have their logo removed from this business, probably today.

Also the whole Swastika thing has been done to death here, Hitler adopted it's use from it's original use as a symbol of auspiciousness and good.

Every side in a war consider themselves to be "right" so you can't really blame Hitler or Germany for that.

The other point, generally when used as a Nazi symbol it is rotated at 45° degrees vs the original square on design.

As for Hitler Fried Chicken this might act as a opportunity for education about WWII and the role Thailand, Japan played which is an area of unknown to the average educated Thai. I've read Thailand didn't have a good experience with their Japanese allies so I expect it was a face saving exercise to ignore the event as soon as possible as per the Thai way.

Someone motivated with Thai language skills could use this for a social media education program.

Linking to some of the war crimes carried out under Hitler would wake up these people through education of the Smart phone carrying kids the adults only watch TV and so are beyond reach or learning.

How about idiots riding around wearing nazi shape helmets with ZZ on it?

AnotherOneAmerican, on 05 Jul 2013 - 14:22, said:snapback.png

Bluespunk, on 05 Jul 2013 - 14:18, said:snapback.png

AnotherOneAmerican, on 05 Jul 2013 - 13:55, said:snapback.png

gl555, on 05 Jul 2013 - 13:52, said:snapback.png

may be worth considering what your life would be like if say the Germans or Japanese had their way 70's ago. the entire world would be marching under a different tune. Forgiving is a noble gesture although I would suggest a futile gesture to those personally exposed to Hitler. Forgetting is an easy alternative to learning, creating your own true perspective and recognising traits not to idolise and appropriately guide the generations ahead. Borrowing some well know words (paraphrasing) , those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Taksin, Hitler, Saddam, they are all the same. I want to see a chicken stand with Taksin in a bow tie out front.

I will never find out if the chicken is good. They don't get my money.

may be worth considering what your life would be like if say the Germans or Japanese had their way 70's ago. the entire world would be marching under a different tune. Forgiving is a noble gesture although I would suggest a futile gesture to those personally exposed to Hitler. Forgetting is an easy alternative to learning, creating your own true perspective and recognising traits not to idolise and appropriately guide the generations ahead. Borrowing some well know words (paraphrasing) , those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Good question, but most extremist governments calm down after a few years in power, and there wouldn't have been the cold war.

Not sure I really care who is in charge of the world banks, the current lot don't seem to be doing that good a job though.

really i do comprehend.

it does not alter reality one bit.

the story itself is nonsense, a recycling of old news.

i personally could not give a shit what a thai with a chicken shop does or does not think about hitler, nor do i see what a couple breasts and a drumstick have to do with anything.

i see racist vitriol on this site daily that i find more offensive.and that comes from folk who claim to know better.

ignorance is a bliss

Bluespunk, Chiang Mai

Guy's it's Friday night, it's just a thread about some frakking cartoon picture of Col Saunders with Hitlers head on it selling fried chicken. It's not a thread about Global history lessons and the slaughter of millions. Thai kids probably know as much about Hitler as Vicky Pollard knows about the history of Siam, and the only thing most middle age Brits know about the History of Siam is it had something to do with Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr. rolleyes.gif Don't they have a happy hour near where you live?

Would just like to point out that AnotherOneAmerican is not alone in his attitude of immediately forgiving and forgetting anything bad that happens in this world.

Apparently goldfish do it too.

I think you'll find the pope and millions of catholics do to. For anyone wanting to repent that is.

• Like 1